Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. I shake my head every time a software company changes its look or its lay-out just for the sake of change. If it's not broke, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

This week has been taxing because a good majority of my work deals with Adobe Pro documents. My muscle memory is completely off because y'all decided to flip the layout to opposite sides of the screen. I have to squint every time I'm looking for the print button. It's just like when Samsung decided to change sides for the volume and power buttons. Why?

Where is my "Save As" icon?!? I shouldn't…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This has to be the dumbest user interface "upgrade" I have ever seen in my LIFE!!!! Tasks that I used to breeze through are taking me forever. The **** stamps won't turn off after I use it one time and only need it one time. I used to be able to copy text boxes and paste them. Way to foul things up!!!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. What have you done to my ADobe viewer?
    It just changed in the middle of the day!
    I dont know how to use this "new" version
    Whoever thought of this is terrible idea
    Now i have to try and figure out all new way to do the PDFs
    Please put it back to NORMAL!!!
    I can;t find anything.
    If its not broken, why are you trying to "fix" it?

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The floating toolbar seems purposed for newer users. It would be helpful if the following was done with the floating toolbar.
    - Enable the toolbar to be transparent
    - Allow the toolbar to be docked on the right panel
    - Enable the toolbar to automatically minimize when not in use
    - Allow users to remove the default tools

A few features that are quite nice about the toolbar:
    - Contextual menus are immediately activated and brought into view once a tool is selected
    - Various related tools can be pinned to the floating toolbar
    - The toolbar can be moved…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is someone else's comment, but so apropos! "Visual designers managed to ruin a tool that was excellent and practical. The environment is now completely different, difficult to use, confusing, with no work flow. I would recommend a book to designers: Steve Krug's "Don't Make Me Think"."

This is impossible to use.

I chose the "user interface" category only because I couldn't select "all of the above." I also created an account for the sole purpose of posting this.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Access to our most used actions in a toolbar is excellent, but the floating toolbar is so annoying because it is on top of the content of the opened document. It would be better if we could customise where the toolbar should be and have the ability to dock it without it so it is not on top of the content.
    Older versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro allowed it to be on the top horizontally, which used to work perfectly for me. Please let users decide how best to interact with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new interface is making my work speed slow. It not convenient to search all the edit. The change was very big, and i would like adobe to incorporate to the older version.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. HAD MENUS SET FOR EASILY DOING WHAT I DO. AFTER THE UI CHANGE I HAVE TO SPEND A DAY RESETTING THE MENUS. HIGHLY INEFFICIENT AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. DO NOT THINK THAT ONCE I RESET MY MENUS PERFORMANCE WILL BE IMPROVED, BECAUSE AFTER THE PREVIOUS UI CHANGE THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!!! FROM THE OTHER FEEDBACKS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT ABOBE DOES NOT CONSIDER THE USER!!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. go back to the old view where I could pin the tools I want to the top. The new view is horrible!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Your new interface update is horrible. I understand the need for simplification the attempt to make things easier for the end user, but not every one has the same needs. I don't NEED a tool bar that I can't get rid of or at least customize for my needs. I need a program that will give me the option to select and de-select the functions I use on a daily basis. I don't care about e-sign, but I would like to have an icon to organize pages with out having to go through two or three menus.

Yes you made…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Really, change it back to the old version and demote the team that thought this was a good idea.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "new" interface in Acrobat is horrendous. Shame on every single person who helped implement this appalling design. Adobe needs to remove it entirely and actually listen to user feedback.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My Idea is this: stop wasting precious developer time fixing things that AREN'T BROKEN! Geez, who wants to learn an all-new interface in in order to do the same work they've always done? Geez, you people have lost touch with reality. Software is supposed to support the users, making their productivity higher, and easier. Changfing interfaces does not do that Thank God someone was smart enough to include a Disable option! But you should have saved your energy for something important. Because all that time and effort making a less useable interface for me was a complete waste. Blind users…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Nothing should be mandatory in terms of floating elements, and users should be allowed to customize placement of buttons on every toolbar including floating toolbars, and customize whether to display them always/as set by document, with traditional arrangements always available as default options.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We pay you a subscription fee to have an app for our work, we are NOT beta testers, if we are going to test something you have to get a discount. There should be an option to remove that stupid button.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WHY THE **** DID YOU DO THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF TAX SEASON!

I HAD EVERYTHING SET UP TO BE EFFICIENT AND NOW NOTHING WORKS.

LET US CHOSE TO GO BACK TO WHAT WORKS!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change it back! These new versions are filled with bugs and inconsistencies, leaving the user experience LESS than ideal

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The latest page layout is so confusing. Why did you do this to us?! It's one thing to update looks and add/subtract features. But you swapped sides. Now all editing tools are on the left and navigation (bookmarks etc.) are on the right. Why do this? That just slows us down and confuses us when we are used to it being editing on the right and navigation on the left. There doesn't seem to be a purpose in swapping them except to torment us. Perhaps you can add a preference in settings where we can make the layout as we…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19.  The new layout is so different than the old that it is hampering my productivity. I thought Adobe was supposed to help users, not take away all the features that I need to see immediately when I open a PDF.
     Specifically, I need page numbers and the page up and down arrows front and center. I still don't know how to find those. I need to see at a glance if I have time to read a 5 page or 105 page document.
     Don't hamper users. Make it easy again.
     Allow users -- and tell us how to do this
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The icons are way too small and are greyed out so not very legible
    also the most important icons are buried in the bottom right so drop off your screen completely - the most common thing u do when opening a pdf is to enlarge or shrink the size, its a right pain hunting the icons to do that, every time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?