Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

62 results found

1. If the Mac is connected to a WLAN hotspot, but has no internet access via this WLAN and I start Adobe Acrobat, the program crashes. The interface opens briefly and then Acrobat wants to log in with the account to check its license. Either the program terminates itself or the Mac has the beachball. In this case Acrobat cannot be closed normally. Only if I kill the program the Mac can be used normally again. If I have internet access via the WLAN or deactivate the WLAN, Acrobat will work again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BUG - The app randomly exits full screen mode on MacOS Mojave

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Drag and Drop has stopped working in Page thumbnail.

Cannot rearrange pages in page thumbnail.

Cannot drag pages from other pdf's that are also open.

**This is not resolved by the FIT view function.
    This is not resolved by the PDF/a option.
    *This is new as of last week.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

Can you please let me know the exact version number of Adobe Acrobat DC that your are working on ?

I Tried this at my end and Drag drop in Page Thumbnails panel in a pdf / across pdfs is working fine for me.

Also i would request you to kindly share with me a screen recording video of the steps that you are trying to do here ?

You can send me that at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

4. Why aren't the toolbars for Acrobat DC Creative Cloud version synced across all of my computers?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use the navigation pane all the time. How can I set the navigation pane buttons to show by default?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. DUPLICATE SUBMISSION WITH ATTACHMENT EXAMPLES
    The Acrobat Reader DC basic version has a very helpful "Save as" function where it brings up a user friendly window with 4-5 recently used folders, as well as the option to then browse further for another folder if needed. the Adobe Acrobat DC PRO version has a very different, very limited "save as" usability, where it defaults to a temp internet folder (that i cannot even find), which i will almost certainly never use as well. As far as i can tell there is no way to set a different default save as location…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If you wish to see the Save As dialog in Acrobat as per the “Save as ok” image shared by you, Kindly do as follows.
    1) Open Acrobat → Edit → Preferences → General
    2) Select the Checkbox “Show online storage when Saving files”

Try to Save as any pdf and check that you’ll see this dialog.
    Let me know if that solves your concern.

Also please let me know the current version of Acrobat DC that you are using.

-Ayush Jain

7. Where did the zoom tools go? They used to be visible in the main tool bar... I mean, I get there are other ways to zoom in and out of my pdf, but why remove such a common functionality? Please bring them back.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concerns.
    We have not removed the zoom tools from the main toolbar and those are already there.

I assume you might have undocked the Toolbar so you may be getting a black floating window over the document area which would be having the zoom tools.

I would request you to kindly Dock it back to the Main toolbar by clicking the rightmost icon from that floating window.

Also, if this is not the case i would request you to kindly do a right click on your main toolbar and select “Reset Toolbar” from the context menu. (This way your main toolbar will get back to the default state which would anyways be having the Zoom tools.

Let me know if this fixes your concern

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

1. Viewing pdfs from task bar flickering

2. After minimizing the opened pdfs, I try to go to the task bar to view the 4 or more pdfs that I have running. It wont view all of them (flickers the images) so I cant select the one to open up when I hover over the icon in the task bar until after several tries?

3. Windows edition: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1
      Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Version 2019.010.20091

4. Expected result: Show opened pdfs when hovering over task bar Adobe icon.

5. Observed result: Place pointer over Adobe icon in task bar flickers opened…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using the arrows to scroll page by page through a file, the navigation arrows jump back and forth across the top of the page if the length of the page title differs, making it impossible to quickly click through the document without chasing the arrows around. This is a clear oversight and design flaw.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Single Page View Shortcut Button Not Working. It does nothing when I hit it. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How do I set my preferences so that the floating, transparent, toolbar at the bottom of my page NEVER shows.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    I would like to let you know that kindly update to latest available version of reader by doing a Help → Check for updates.

The Floating HUD toolbar will then be docked automatically into your Top toolbar.

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Ayush Jain

11. Why the are you interrupting my workflow with fing pop ups that not only have I NO INTEREST in whatsoever and they've just crashed the fing application. Stop trying to push me in the direction of the cloud - if I wanted to go there I would sort it out myself. And I don't want you 'reaching out' to me. Just turn it off by default.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have just installed the latest "Acrobat Standard DC", and I'm disappointed to find that still the way in which you have to personalise the "Quick Tools" area is not user friendly.
    Apart from having a mandatory set of icons on the left (I can't see an easy way of removing them), the way you have to add / remove icons is annoying - right-clicking on the quick tools bar then selecting or deselecting an item to have the menu disappear so you have to right-click and find the item again and again...! Then not being able to change the…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Version 2018.009.20050
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I save a portfolio in Split Vertical view.
    When I reopen the portfolio, it has Split Horizontal view.

Acrobat should remember it was last in Split Vertical view.

Setting Split Vertical view should also be an option in the Properties of a Portfolio PDF.

Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since upgrading my iMac to MAC OS 10.13 Adobe Acrobat DC has become horribly unstable. It crashes constantly, but inconsistently. Sometimes it crashes when it's just open and sitting in the background. Sometimes it crashes when I'm attempting to open a PDF. It crashes regularly when I'm attempting to edit a PDF into a form. I don't get any on screen feedback except the dialog boxes asking if I want to report the "unexpected quit" to Apple, and then Adobe. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add a magnifying glass to the tool bar to enlarge a specific area of PDF would be nice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    I would request you to kindly add the Loupe tool in your main toolbar. thats how you can do that

1) launch any pdf and right click on the main toolbar
    2) select “Show Select and zoom Tool” and click on “Loupe Tool”
    3) click on the loupe tool icon added to the toolbar and then click on any area in the pdf

Now you can see an enlarged view of a specific area in a pdf in a separate window

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

16. If I update a PDF (Export from InDesign) on the server or the desktop, I use View After Exporting, and despite closing the PDF between updates Acrobat always and only shows the previous PDF - until I quit Acrobat. So I'm quitting and reopening Acrobat 20 or more times a day which is REALLY annoying. Only started happening with version 17.012.20095 on a Mac Pro running CS2015 onwards.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If Acrobat is open, and you use hot corners in Apple Mission Control for "Show Desktop", icons on the desktop are not selectable. If Acrobat is closes, normal Mission Control behaviour resumes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please simplify the overall user experience - as we had it earlier! all new additions might be welcomed by some- however there are also peop

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concern.
    Could you please let us know the exact issues that you face while using any functionality in Acrobat so that we can work upon that for your simplification ?

Thanks
    Ayush

19. Everytime you make an update you make it harder for me to find my edit document button. I just opened one and absolutely none of the icons or right click provides me with edit. Finally I find if I highlight text THEN hit right click I get the menu that allows me to edit. Why take down the one in the header and make me have to do additional steps (highlighting) to be able to edit. I hate when companies adopt the Microsoft culture of calling "improvements" just moving essential commands and options around and saying it's new. At least…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble that you are facing here.
    you can easily use the edit app from the Right hand Panel Menu, Tools center and even on Searching for “edit” in the Tools search in RHP when any doc is launched.

Let me know if you see any confusion here ?

-Ayush

• Don't see your idea?