Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1499 results found

1. Revert to previous edition - this is sluggish & cumbersome - bloatware at it's worst - does nothing whatsoever to enhance the product - a jobsworth production

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tabs on the new version are terrible. it is now very difficult to see what documents are open. The stupid little star for the active document tab is also terrible. There should be a visible delineation between the tabs and the active document tab should just be a different color or shade or even outlined with a thicker line type. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The abruptness of this change felt like a slap to the face. I'm sure all the features I use are there . . . somewhere. Why don't you consider helping your users like the new look by using the usage data you're surely collecting to provide users a custom walkthrough of: here's this feature you frequently used, here's that feature you frequently used, oh and did you know you can customize placement of this thing and that. Oh and try this keyboard shortcut for this other thing it looks like you frequently do.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new Acrobat looks lovely, but many of the tools I need are not there. I can't see what page I'm on in a document by quickly looking at the top of the screen; I can't have Comments and Pages open at the same time...these are things that I need to use the program! Thank goodness I was able to disable it!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was able to figure out how to get back to the more natual and organic user interface by going Menu and then selecting "Disable New Acrobat" for anyone having issues with the bad UI.
    Acrobat please ensure that users will have the ability to customize their ribbons to look like the image I have attached.
    I need to be able to remove the floating tool bar like I have done in the attached image I like a clean document field without floating tool bars that I don't need there. Also please keep the menu ribbon on the top and…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new version of Acrobat no longer cares about the "Remember current state of the Tools Pane" preference - Acrobat always opens with the "All Tools" shown. I believe I'm in a large pool of the population that will only ever read PDFs, so for all practical purposes, none of the items on the tools will ever be used. Please reinstate this feature.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have spent way too much time trying to find tools I use all the time. There is nothing intuitive about the new interface. I reverted back to the old version and I'm happily finding and using the tools I need.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. STOP updating this. The people doing the updates have no idea how this is used product is used. Every update is a massive learning, takes weeks to figure simple stuff

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrobat keeps crashing when I try to disable the New Acrobat and I can't get anything done. The AI bar is annoying. Can't disable it either. Need a fix! I prefer the Classic since I use Enfocus Pitstop and can't even get them in a toolbar. Please fix this problem. It's a frustrating bug/glitch!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would really like the old layout back. The tool bar being moved from the top to the side bar and not even being possible to move takes away the symmetry of the layout and is super disturbing for my reading.

I'd really appreciate if you look into this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The application freezes for about 10 to 15 seconds each time a new window, or a new document is created.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your pathetic scroll bar ruins the product. It's like you're actively trying to cripple your users. I'm looking at alternatives because I hate using Acrobat now.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recent update has been incredibly terrible for user experience, worst design in the last few years, if not of all time, cannot unpin ALL TOOLS bar on the left, which literarily takes half of the screen. worst tab management and design, unreadable titles and cause of misclicks

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm sure the new features are very powerful and an improvement over the previous version; however, swapping the entire interface from left to right feels like an affectation by the visual design team. For one thing, moving the save, print, etc., functions from the left side of the window to the right means that now Adobe is backwards from every other design or word processing program out there. Yes, Google did this as well and I still hate it, so no points to you for trying to copy them. Having the tools on the right side was consistent with your…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new version of Adobe sucks, it is totally user un friendly and requires a lot more work and navigating to do what was much simpler. Why change something that was working fine. Do you even test drive the new version to see how it is prior to sending out to the public. And the program keeps freezing when adding pics and the "restore " version doesn't work at all when you have to close the program and reopen continuously. Why pay for this piece of garbage software. Can I charge you for all of my lost time trying to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use Adobe Pro at work. I comment and mark up blueprints for parts in the automotive industry. The update moving the menu items to a side panel was completely needless, and as you did so you removed features or hid them to where they were effectively removed. I can add text but can I change the font or color? Maybe. Can't find it though. Custom stamps to add? Good luck finding them, and when you do get your clicking finger ready. This thing is awful!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. It is extremely hard to find things. Just as an example, I struggled with as simple a task as printing. It is not at all obvious to find the print button. No other application I use makes this as difficult as your new UI.
    2. This may either be another example of point 1, or the function is missing. Where is the button to display info about the application? The "About Acrobat" button? I can't find it.
    3. The application wastes massive amounts of my screen space. Stick to the purpose of the application and just display the document. I don't need…
    35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open documents as new tabs in same window dialog box is gone in the new version. This means there is no choice but to use tabs when opening new documents. It is frustrating for my work flow and adds extra steps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Just came here to say how much I hate the new look. Pages should be on left, tools on right!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please remove the new "Create" button in the tabs area. This is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. I keep accidentally clicking on it when I want to close a tab or move the window, and then Acrobat is inoperable for up to 1 minute and a stupid spinner rotates in the middle of the window, only to display a new button "Select files". This contradicts 100% the rest of the user interface of the tool.
    If you don't remove this, then please make the button optional so that it can be hidden effortlessly. I will never use…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?