Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. On the Windows 10 desktop, if your view option in File Explorer is set to have a preview pane and the file you're working on is selected and being previewed, Acrobat will throw a dialog window that says: "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.".

The preview pane is causing Acrobat to assume the file is in use, which technically it is, but this is a bug that shouldn't cause a file saving error. Selecting another file in File Explorer fixes this…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As described in the title, it would be nice to have the file path in the tooltip of the file tab. It helps to easily recognize where the file is.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is very easy to add buttons to left Navigation pane. However, you cannot remove individual buttons.

The only option is to Reset the pane returning the three original buttons (thumbnails, bookmarks, attachments).

It seems there should be a way to remove individual buttons at will (not just reset).

Thank you

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. mouse pointer missing when using external Samsung display.
    cursor shows up on resolution 1920-1080 and 3840-2160.
    on all other resolutions cursor disappears when acrobat is opened.
    works fine on normal mac display.
    it works on all resolutions when we change the system preference in MAC and increase the cursor size.

MAC OS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.4

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Version 2018.009.20050
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I save a portfolio in Split Vertical view.
    When I reopen the portfolio, it has Split Horizontal view.

Acrobat should remember it was last in Split Vertical view.

Setting Split Vertical view should also be an option in the Properties of a Portfolio PDF.

Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since upgrading my iMac to MAC OS 10.13 Adobe Acrobat DC has become horribly unstable. It crashes constantly, but inconsistently. Sometimes it crashes when it's just open and sitting in the background. Sometimes it crashes when I'm attempting to open a PDF. It crashes regularly when I'm attempting to edit a PDF into a form. I don't get any on screen feedback except the dialog boxes asking if I want to report the "unexpected quit" to Apple, and then Adobe. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I HATE IT!!! You took away the things I use MULTIPLE TIMES EVERY SINGLE DAY that I had in a quick access toolbar.
    I do NOT need AI, I do NOT need a "summary", I need to convert documents to PDF and make them accessible. I'm back to 37 steps to even start now?????

EVERYTHING is moved. Why? Because you hate us and don't want people to use your product? If I learn the new locations, how long until you move everything again?

I cannot describe how much I hate this. I'll encourage my company to look for a PDF…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dear Acrobat,
    Please listen to customers and stop alienating them. People become dependent on your product through work, then you switch up things and worsen the lives of untold numbers of people. You deserve to lose income in a large scale as a result, faster instead of slower. Stop harming customers. Start making it easer to give you feedback. Start paying attention to it. By making things confusing and harder, your product deserves to lose in the market. But you are leveraging your existing market position to hurt people instead.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I lost 2 days thinking I could put things back - 2 DAYS of WORK!!!!!!
    Adobe didn't even tell me they changed my program, the way it looked, operated etc! It took me an hour to find the phone number. Then to have me tell them RESET (which I don't remember where it was) was going to take me back to my app from before the update. SHAME ON ADOBE!!!! We have to get our work done over the weekend now. I want a REFUND and Acrobat should have had more insight on this before rolling the update out to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Former versions of Acrobat (I believe versions 10 and below), prior to Acrobat DC, had the capability of showing tools on two rows at the top of the document pane and suggest consideration for returning to that type of user interface.

The lack of colorization of icons in DC, the basic shapes and the inability to show nearly all tools in the toolbar makes it very difficult and time consuming to edit and markup documents. Detailed, colorized tool icons of old, combined with the ability of truly customizable, multiple toolbars would make Acrobat much more productive.

Is there any way…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open documents as new tabs in same window dialog box is gone in the new version. This means there is no choice but to use tabs when opening new documents. It is frustrating for my work flow and adds extra steps.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How can I escape the default of all docs opening in tabs within one window? That does not suit my drafting needs AT ALL. I need them to open in separate windows & I can't figure out how to set that up. HELP.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. What in the world were you thinking? Let's see... How hard can we make it to use our once-productivity-enhancing product? This is simply change for evil's sake. I'm going to stop using AAP altogether. What a disaster.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New floating quick toolbar to be stacked in the new acrobat experience
    the new floating bar covers the document areas and it is very annoying. User should be given the option to be able to stack the bar up down right or left.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have Acrobat Pro and used to have the setting "Remember current state of Tools pane" checked so the tool pane wouldn't open for every pdf I open. This setting went away a few months ago and it's really annoying to have to close the tools pane every time I open a document.

I rarely need in the tools pane and would prefer it to be hidden most of the time.

Acrobat Pro Continuous Release Version 2023.006.20320 64-bit

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be a way to move the tools back to the right, it adds time to my work to keep moving across the screen, why the change? Also what's with the floating tools bar that cannot be hidden or changed? I have no use for it and it's in the way

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The latest update no longer shows both the page label (book page number) and physical page number, only the physical page number. Can you please change this back to the way it was before? I work in book publishing, and now it's difficult to see which page of the book I'm viewing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tabs have an empty area above them, meaning you can't take the mouse all the way to the top of the screen to quickly select a tab.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?