Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. in the new versions of Adobe, the browse for folder function - to open or save a file - is useless. Contrast it to every other conventional windows application, looking more like Windows Explorer where you can easily navigate to a folder, subfolder, file - but in Adobe, it immediately requires scrolling down, then selecting, scrolling down more, selecting a subfolder, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The user interface is quite challenging, because it takes a bit to load each time I want to do something. I may want to edit, create a form, and do drawing markups on a single file.

Please provide an option for me to display all the tools I want to use in a single screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide option to disable the page controls that are at bottom of page on auto-hide. It blocks document content and is distracting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add an option (like in Photoshop or InDesign) where the open document opens in explorer (see german screenshot "Im Explorer anzeigen"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My attempts to use Acrobat were the most frustrating experience of my 31 years on Macs. The program crashed constantly. Simple operations proved to be obtuse and non-intuitive and the layout of the tools, together with the process of interacting with the program, is very badly thought out. The tools page opens a page of cheesy icons resembling something from a children’s book, and why, for example, would anyone hide the ability to insert a rectangle under ‘comments’? Crazy.
    I spent almost a whole day (consulting Adobe help files and online sources) just trying to bring an image to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is just a general reflection that I, as a occasional user to Acrobat DC, no longer understand how simple things like draw lines and write text on a existing PDF work. More complex things like sign, sharing etc - functions that I don't have any interest in using, is easier to understand. Is this really the functions the ordinary user wants? Or is Acrobat no longer a tool for me?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hate the save as dialog. Why can't we have the same save as that every other app uses? Consistency please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In both Pro DC and Reader, if one is searching for a term, one can't go back to the beginning and search again for that term; one has to search through the document. So if I find the 5th instance at p. 12, even if I go back to the top of the document and even I then click at the top of the document, when I next hit control f, it will search from p. 12. But sometimes I want to find, say, the first instance, or some other. Hitting previous requires me to go through all the previous…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are many links for references list in science paper, but it is really make me upset to click a link then jump to the end of a paper and then searching in paper where I just have read.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Alt-Tab should switch between EACH PDF, not just the application. (Like other apps such as Word, and many many others. You are just not that important, just another viewer. Adobe is not a main application that people use, just a utility, so make it fast or it will be replaced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How to permanently hide menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) permanently (presently, when i press F9, it disappear, but when i re-open that document or any other pdf document, again that menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) appears on screen and i never use it mostly, so can you please help me to hide menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) permanently ? beacause my monitor screen is shorter and in that foxit pdf reader has best option to customize user interface. but i want to use adobe acrobat dc only so can you please help to give any option selection in adobe acrobat dc pro where i can permenently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make it so that you cannot just accidentally delete the customised quicktools, and then have to go back and set them up again

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. this is an very old bug and it's not solved yet even in the newest acrobat pro DC.
    imac 27" is my main screen, eizo 24" rotated to portrait is my second screen. when i trag any pdf to the portraited monitor, the picture jumps stretched. when i drag it back to the imac screen, it shows normal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Can we set Acrobat so it doesn't go to full screen size every time it starts?
    2. Would love to set default to show new documents to fill page width, rather than full size!
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is no way to put the touch mode button on the menu bar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not sure if it is a Bug, or by design, but I selected to hide the Menu bar, but it keeps soming back every time I load Acrobat DC.
    Can this be a persistent setting please?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need pages to continuously scroll and not jump one to the next.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I open a file and go into fullscreen (e.g. by clicking the green expand button in the corner) the screen changes as expected. Then if I switch screens and return back to my fullscreen view the screen is no longer filled with the application but instead I get the regular size and black bars on top and bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My folder-level javascripts place icons on the toolbar using an iconstream. These exact scripts have worked in every version of Acrobat and Reader I have used for several years on both PC and Mac platforms.

In Acrobat DC, the icons behave erratically, sometimes rendering appropriately and sometimes only showing the red Lego-like shape icons rather than the true icon.

The scripts still function properly when invoked by clicking the Lego-like shape icons, but the lack of the scripts' appropriate icons decreases their effectiveness.

I have removed the folder-level scripts, restarted the system and Acrobat and then re-installed the scripts with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?