Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1528 results found

1. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Revert to Classic Style button. Must have it.
    New interface may work well for touch screens, but is cumbersome to those of us who utilize a mouse. The old drop down menu system was MUCH quicker; especially because I use a large screen and there is a LOT of visual real estate for me to scan as I attempt to initiate actions such as 'combine files' to create a PDF.
    You've made is difficult to utilize your software for its primary purpose.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new layout is not good for many of my routine tasks and is creating all kinds of trouble for me. I need to be able to hide toolbars in some cases and put toolbars at the top in others. This would allow me to maximize the size of the document on a vertical monitor when needed. Honestly, did you guys get any voice of the customer before making these changes?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe, please give users the option to permanently hide the Navigation Pane. I have to click the arrow on every single doc I open in order to hide it! Give me a simple option to disable that stupid pane. Do a google search on this and you'll find countless users asking for the same thing...since the last 5 years. Fix it already!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. new layout is garbage. switched everything around for no reason whatsoever. incompetence at best.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New interface is almost unusable. I have to basically edit and save documents multiple times a day. Both of those options are buried and when I used the edit feature I couldn't even figure out how to stop using it. thank goodness you had the option (though it was well hidden) to revert to the original UI. what were you thinking?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every other stupid user interface you've introduced has at least been reversible or I could work around it. Now I'm stuck with a user interface that is COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. For the work I do, I SIMPLY CANNOT USE IT. I need to be able to switch rapidly from one window to another, to compare for QC, so having immovable tools on the sides that get clicked accidentally makes that impossible. If this doesn't change, I will be forced to stop using Adobe products. Oh, and fire whoever thought this up, because they suck.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Revert to the old UI, please.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. What an irritating user interface seriously. I wonder if the interface designers ever work on their own product. No sense of where to place the tool and task bars. What is the ease of accessibility have you guys created?. Please change back to the previous version. This is the most nonthought of update.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. YOU MADE A MESS!!!

Why have you changed so drastically the user interface? Now even the easiest action has became complicate!!! Grrrrrr...!!!!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the new one is absolutely terrible!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At every major update, the Acrobat Pro UI is getting more and more confusing. None of the standard OS behaviors are respected. I tried to modify the toolbar on Mac (version 2023.0001), impossible to move an icon anywhere.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As Adobe released unified installer concept with Adobe 64-bit where we can install acrobat in reduced mode (Reader only).

however when the app deployed in reduced mode (without license), application title still shows as Adobe Acrobat STD / PRO which might confuse users. They might think its actually STD / PRO installed on the machine and try to convert documents.

We actually looking to have the application title as "Adobe Acrobat" if deployed in reduced mode and change the title to STD / PRO based on activation.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For the love of god disable the screen tips on acrobat the only thing it does is slow down an already horrendous drag on processing

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to permanently close the tools pane. 'Remember current state of Tools Pane' option is not available for Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have 1 icon for bookmarks wether it is created by adding a new bookmark or combining pdf files.
    If you need to add a new bookmark to a file you cannot get it to display the same icon as those created using combine pdf's. Unless they offer different functions there is nothing but confusion caused by having 2 different icons.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please give an option to EASILY get rid of the AI Assistant (beta) feature. Ever since installing the latest update, my Acrobat Pro runs SUPER slowly. I don't actually need AI to read documents. I do need Acrobat to be able to scroll without freezing constantly. Otherwise, what's the point of paying for Acrobat when there are tools that scroll perfectly fine for free?

The new UI is fine otherwise, but I had to disable it (View > Disable new Acrobat) just so I could scroll through documents without Acrobat freezing constantly since you added that AI Assistant feature.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Like every other service, Adobe as well keeps making things increasingly difficult for people who are not neurotypical. Like this new AI button that SCREAMS in the right corner. Because of these kind of features, using these services (of which we pay a great deal for) is getting almost impossible. I really would appreciate the developers to take into account people whose brain simply does not work in a way that ignoring that HUGE colourful button in the corner is possible. Now that it is there, I cannot use Adobe Acrobat anymore without sticking a sticker to my computer screen…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we please have the old Acrobat UI back? I hate, HATE this new interface! What was the reason to completely change the look of Acrobat? I'd much rather the effort go into making the program more stable than ruining the user interface. Adobe has been swinging and missing far too often lately.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What was the perceived problem with the old interface? Did any user testing go into the redesign? I feel sorry for the designers and developers who had to implement this overhaul, and I feel disdain for the leadership that must have driven the change. Middle management should push back harder against initiatives like this.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?