Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

145 results found

1. I still don't have access to ebook... adobe gives u many options but not a straight forward option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can I only use this version in the Washington, DC area? Really, as a user, I have no idea WTH "DC" is supposed to mean for the app name. Why is it not simply "Acrobat" or "Acrobat Pro" (to distinguish the version with extra features)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Using Windows 10, Acrobat 2017 Pro.
    Adobe documentation says Acrobat's Stop Words list can be 500 words but my Preferences -> Catalog -> Stop Words (list box) is always truncated to 199 words if the Preferences dialog es exited then re-entered. And it can be shown that words manually entered beyond 199 words are not excluded from subsequent indexing operations; that is, they WILL be found in a case-sensitive search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It is still necessary I think that Adobe provides User Guides for their Acrobat 2017 products in PDF format. I like to view this when I have some free-time to read through. Having a PDF format of the user-guide is still very important to us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

5. I like that tabs can stay open, this has been helpful to refer back to a previous pdf. However, I cannot close tabs without saving or declining... each individual one. This needs a "don't ask me again" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

6. Multi-Layered PDFs that don't have to reload all content, hidden or otherwise, when the zoom level is changed. It would be a much better use of memory to only load what is visible at the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.
    Thank you for the patience

7. It is annoying that every PDF I open and print prompts me to save it. I am getting these from other people and do not save them. Why all of sudden is it doing this? It never did this before. Is it because of OS10? There should be a feature to turn this off. It wastes so much of my time as I deal with 100's of PDF's a month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I often woirk with groups of similar documents with long file names. It would make life much easier if I could visually look at a group and select the correct document to work on rather than hovering my mouse over the title of each document to see if it is the one I want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DC shuts down repeatedly. Tried installing on another computer and the same thing happened: DC opens, stays open for a few moments, then closes spontaneously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.

Please try repair installation using steps from helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-..

10. Add a method of stopping Adobe from trying to tell me where to store files. I have unchecked everything I can uncheck in preferences and it still does it. I have to save it move it and rename it each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an option to let Acrobat close and delete an open file when you have forgotten to close it before trying to delete it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.

12. Almost every time I try to open the Comments toolbar, I end up opening this webpage for feedback. Since that is not what I'm trying to accomplish, it seems like the user interface needs to be changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi!

How to permanently hide Navigation Pane? I don't want that every time I open a new pdf-file. I found some options but it did't work permanently. ( Right clic - Hide navigation pane buttons). Wastes a lot of time to have pictures full size. And I don't use full screen mode either, not possible for my work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When adding a file name to PDF document, it appears in white (or is unseen) - can only be seen in "Show Wireframe" view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. open adobe. don't ask people if they want to sign in. I should need to sign in for important things. not just to use stupid adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please support layers for mobile devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be very helpful to have a binder that is composed of links to documents, so that when the binder is opened it always opens the most recent version of that document. An example would be a binder of new hire handouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I use Excel with macros, and I use Excel binary spreadsheets to help reduce the size of my PDF. Your newest versions (since August 2017) of Adobe Acrobat Pro, do not support these formats. I can manually go into the registry keys and add them so the links in the PDF will open those files, however, this should be a regular feature! Add .xlsb and .xlsm to your registry keys!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Restore the function that used to be present in older Acrobat versions that allowed users to set the preferred 'Save to' folder location. When set, all PDFs generated would automatically default to this save location that is 'User Defined' This function/feature used to be present in versions of Acrobat prior to 10 and is a huge time saver and in many cases a necessity for frequent users. This has been a major complaint by many users over the past 4 years and this simple yet essential feature has yet to be restored to the current editions of Acrobat! For the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to take cut and paste from different documents with different formats and quickly have a template, or choice of templates, click on it and have it format the document automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?