Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. I am looking for the ability to search for a term where the term is "contained" and Acrobat will highlight all of these occurrences.

For example, I wanted to search for the term "scenario" and highlight all occurrences of it whether it is found as "scenario", "scenarios", or other variation. Unfortunately, I could not find any option that allowed for this. All I got was a teaser when typing the search term where it showed me that it could find the term as "scenario" (19 of them) or "scenarios" (just one) but would not for a combined result where it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Your new version (2023.003) is just TERRIBLE. :

1) WHY change something that was working well before, and that everyone just KNEW how to use? WHY? What is the purpose of changing the interface just for the change. It is TERRIBLE.

2) It is also very BUGGY, and freezes constantly by simply moving the window, opening documents, closing them, etc. Windows 10 22H2 latest patches, 16GB RAM on i7. WHY purposefully make our lives harder?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the update approximately 2-weeks ago, Adobe Acrobat Standard crashes (with a "not responding") at just opening a document about 5-times a day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat Pro will not search all documents in a directory. It gives 0 results for any key words. I ended up combining all the PDFs in the directory and searching within the combined PDF. Please fix! I use this every day for my work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new update does not allow custom colours for highlighting, clicked on one of their default colours and lost my original highlight colour forever... thanks Adobe

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In past versions of Adobe, if I was saving multiple documents, the program would remember the last folder I saved the document to, so it would automatically go to that folder when saving another document. At the moment, it will only open temporary files and I will have to waste time clicking around to find the correct folder that I want to save the document to. There needs to be an update to allow the flexibility to save documents to the last folder selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. The last folders where you have saved your previous files should get listed under the My computer section of the Save As dialog.

Can you please share the snapshot of your Save As dialog?

Regards,
    Sandeep

7. If we create a tagged PDF from InDesign, the contents item for hyperlinks is missing. This can be fixed with Acrobats single preflight fix: Create Contents Item For Link Annotations.

However, this broke already in 2019 and still is broken in 2020!
    In 2018 it works in one go.

In 2019 and 2020 we have to run it is many as five times before it is actualy applied!

We save the document each time under a different name, sometimes the third time we run the fix it sticks, sometimes after five times, sometimes not at all.

Now we heard this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am encountering problems with poorly labeled controls in the Acrobat DC Action Wizard. As a blind screen reader user, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to improve the control labels that are spoken by screen readers. I am using the JAWS 2020 screen reader with Acrobat DC version 20.006.20042.
    The issues I have encountered:

1. Some of the button control labels are unclear and it is difficult to determine which control has focus. For example, when adding a Watermark, the button to add the watermark is spoken as “Add”. If I press “space” to select this option, another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked the issues after your response.

For point 2, the behaviour is as designed. It seems that the user have to select the option as the default selected item is the last added item in RHP and if no addition is done, then none of the option is selected. Further, I’m not able to hear “AV container View” with controls. I’ve informed the engineering team regarding this.

For point 3, I have raised the issues with engineering team and hopefully it will be fixed in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. I receive this error message when I select File -> Compress PDF.

I currently have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC installed on a computer running Windows 10.

I have used this feature to compress numerous other PDFs made from documents that contain text and images. I'm not sure why this feature has found a problem with the images. It would be nice if the error message also included suggestions on how to fix the problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I cannot upgrade to a newer OS to see if this corrects my problem. Company IT controlled MacBook, licensed to use Creative Cloud. Acrobat DC is having issues opening simple low to medium resolution PDFs. Will just spin and not respond. Have to force quit and relaunch. I can't pinpoint the cause - happens if I have one file open or 10, happens if I add a comment or click on one, happens if I do nothing and just have a file open while working in other programs. I can't tell if it's because our company's system is Microsoft-based and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat Pro DC crashes intermittently at various points during my use of the program. I use it all day long at work, to review claim documents and invoices, and I have to run recognize text, highlight/edit things, and move throughout legal documents by scrolling or searching. It crashes when I try to do literally anything but not every single time. Whenever it crashes, it shows me the crash window twice (window comes up, I click close, it lags and closes the message box, then brings it back up-- every single time, I get the crash notice twice per crash, losing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while using Adobe Acrobat.
    Could you please share the Crash dump when Acrobat crashes.

Steps to collect the crash dump :

When Acrobat crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”)
    1. Open Windows Task Manager
    2. Got To Processes, there you can see a process “Adobe Acrobat DC” / Acrobat.exe
    3. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    4. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    5. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us.

We will try to analyze your issue on once you share this information with us.

Regards,
    Arvind

12. We need to be able to save WCAG compliant, semantic HTML files (e.g. from Firefox) as PDF/UA, but Adobe PDF does not offer this option. Saving as PDF/A does not produce a tagged (UA) file.

Adobe's pdf print gadget should use the browser accessibility tree, and tag the PDF accordingly.

PDF/UA has been an ISO standard since 2012. WCAG 2.1 was finalized in 2019, and WCAG 2.x compliance is now mandatory for public sector procurements in North America, the EU and various other jurisdictions.

What on earth is going on with your accessibility roadmap, Adobe? Apart from Acrobat on Windows,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am told that it is not compatible and have to buy Adobe DC. Not happy. I am so tired of spending money on new computer programs. Everything worked just fine. Upgraded and now it wont even open. I refuse to buy new program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is nothing more frustrating that being invoice in USD when we are in Canada! It is a doable thing to add another currency to an accounting program. SO DO IT!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to compare signed documents. I don't want to change them - just compare to identify changes. Been beating my head against the wall and I cannot understand the logic that prevents using compare.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the compare feature.
    It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the bug:
    - What is the version of Acrobat Pro and the OS that you are using currently?
    - Could you please share the workflow that you’re using while using the Compare tool?
    - Could you please share some sample files with us so that we could reproduce the issue at our end?

For info on how to share the files with us, please read the steps below :

To share the file using Adobe send – cloud.acrobat.com/send
    - Open the above mentioned link
    – Click on “Select files to Send”
    – Click link “Choose file from my computer” and Select the file
    – Click on “Add Files”, if you have more files to add…

17. In versions before Acrobat Pro DC you could scroll through advanced search results with the down arrow. Now you must select and click on the entry, a HUGE time waster and annoying step backward in Acrobat's functionality.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [Bug Report] - Acrobat DC will not open with MacOS Mojave V 10.14.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I search for text in a PDF, the application begins to find instances of that text, then closes without warning or error messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The icon for Adobe Acrobat DC, is (for me) a blank piece of paper. This happens with no other Adobe apps but with Acrobat and it is really displeasing not knowing where to click in the task bar. Please fix it! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?