Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

145 results found

1. I much preferred the more compact layout of Adobe Acrobat Pro 10. DC uses far too much screen space with large icons especially on a 13" laptop. I cant see the improvement really??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

Thank you for your patience

2. Can you please add a "Save/Open Document Group"?On many occasions, I may have several PDF Documents open in Adobe Acrobat DC, relating to a specific project. It would be good to save that "Document Group" to be able to open them all with one click, instead of opening individually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you in case we need more information.

3. DC shuts down repeatedly. Tried installing on another computer and the same thing happened: DC opens, stays open for a few moments, then closes spontaneously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.

Please try repair installation using steps from helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-..

4. Add a counting tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, have been informed there are others that have a on screen counting feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.

Thank you for the patience

5. Please support layers for mobile devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.

6. I dont understand why you wont consider adding this plug in . By way of esample I have over 5000 documents and notes in Evernote and it is not convenient to have to move a document to the desktop in order to use Accrobat to change or modify it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. For whatever stupid reason, Adobe Acrobat on Windows (both reader and Standard and Pro) change their scrolling speed when it comes to large documents. This is ridiculous, as if you're reading a textbook suddenly the pages fly by with the slightest touch.

The preferred behavior can be found in MacOS's preview: scroll speed is proportional to sequential scroll events. Thus, for large documents, users that want to scroll quickly can do so but navigating a small number of pages is much more reasonable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restore the function that used to be present in older Acrobat versions that allowed users to set the preferred 'Save to' folder location. When set, all PDFs generated would automatically default to this save location that is 'User Defined' This function/feature used to be present in versions of Acrobat prior to 10 and is a huge time saver and in many cases a necessity for frequent users. This has been a major complaint by many users over the past 4 years and this simple yet essential feature has yet to be restored to the current editions of Acrobat! For the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think there should be a way for us to retrieve deleted photos from a back up file because sometimes we delete Post with the picture and then later on we want to retrieve it but we can't I think y'all should save the deleted photos from post that's been deleted

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It is silly to remove the embedded index automatically after just adding a note.

We use the index as a tool to save time. However, everytime I add a note, I need spend additional time to reindex the file, let alone I can do nothing during indexing.

It is understandable that the content of notes might also be included in the index. But please preserve the previous index or provide a messagebox to let me choose update my index or not.

It's annoying to reindex the file again and again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please fix the scrolling speed. This is the only software that has such a high-speed scroll. It's always been this way for like 7 years. It's impossible to scroll through a document at a slow speed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I work with large-format pages and need to see information that is on the top left corner of the page AND a tiny text detail. When I use find, intending to use the loupe tool to check the detail and compare to the top corner, the halo effect option zooms in. Then I have to reset the zoom (and often, my page position too, because un-zooming resets the page on the screen and I can't see the corner I need.)

The zoom should either be only active when you're NOT already using a zoom tool (like loupe or marquee) or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We will be receiving hundreds to thousands of pdf reports daily. Each report will have anywhere from 1 page to 250,000 pages, and we need to quickly identify the total page count for each report.

Originally we thought we might have to open each report and read the page number on the last page. However, we realized that the page number may not always be accurate.

We know that when you manually open a PDF, it gives you the adobe page count on the top left. So, we’d like to know how we can automate and use that instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I usually have to work with up to 20 PDF files at the same time that are located in different folders. Very often I need to search among them for some term, reference or key word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do NOT like the format for the on-line user guide. I much prefer the layout and format for the previous reference guides that were available for every application.
    When studying for Ace exams, the reference guides were ideal.
    PLEASE don't phase them out. I'd sooner see the on-line guide taken away than the reference manual.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have difficulty in using Adobe Acrobat. It is not as good as it used to be. I can't save or attached it to the email. Need new people to do the job.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. assign a unique id to acrobat document and when ever a document is copied or edited a new id is generated that link it to parent document. a central data base to be established by copyright owner of article.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Thanks for bringing this issue up. We do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future,we might revisit at an appropriate time in future, and would update you regarding the same.

18. When people work with adobe acrobat, they have say 10 tabs open.
    when you close the app to re start the system, you loose the tabs
    is almost impossible to remember what was open and it sucks
    the expert at adobe pro, told me, is the way it is
    really? :) txs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Yes! This is actually as designed. Regardless, thanks for reporting, we might revisit it in the future.

19. DC is not worthy of professionals. Bring back a professional grade Acrobat like 8 or 9 and stop with the cute icons.........

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I was having trouble editing a PDF. Called Adobe techinical assistance and allowed him access to my computer. Ever since, AND NOT BEFORE, Adobe keeps crashing as i trying to work on same document which WAS NOT SAVED IN THE CLOUD OR ON MY COMPUTER, as technician assured me it was. I am now worried about security of my computer, not to mention the amount of time i am wasting trying to edit an extremely important and timely document, as technician was clearly not at all proficient or even efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?