Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

65 results found

1. Permanent crop tool that actually removes cropped content. Masking content does not work for PDFs that need to be later uploaded online. It botches thumbnail creation and causes files to be unnecessarily large.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry fot the inconvenience caused to you.
    You can crop the file by following below steps.
    1) Open a pdf
    2) Click on edit pdf
    3) Select option Crop Pages
    4) Now select the desired area and click enter
    5) Now you can select your desired settings for crop, click ok and save your file.

2. Adobe Acrobat Pro won't remember magnification setting (fit page) after save and close. If I reopen the file after quitting Acrobat it shows the previous default setting. If I force quit and reopen then the change shows. Seems its caching the old settings unless I force quit to clear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    You can get your desired results by following the below steps:
    1) Open a pdf
    2) Right click and go to document properties.
    3) click on initial view tab
    4) Select desired ‘Window options’ & save

After doing the above steps whenever you relaunch the pdf, you’ll get the desired page fit (you selected).

3. There should be a feature when editing PDFs to build bookmarks from headings/text format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Greetings!

You can directly create bookmarks by selecting the text and pressing ctlr/cmd+b.
    The bookmark will be created with required heading or text.

4. This is not about Adobe Reader it is about Adobe Digital Edition. As there is no entry for ADE I chose the first one on the list and hope that a category for the ADE is created.

The problem is that Adobe Digital Edition is a Digital Reader and that you can't actually read your books through loss of access to the file or it appears that way. I assumed it was this as I cannot access your file either so assumed there would be nothing wrong with that file. I am using it through my council library membership which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

I am assuming your concerns have been resolved. Let us know otherwise.

5. Every time Windows crashes all the Adobe files that were open get lost. Please tell me how to recover all open files when after restart

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi,

You can always check the recent files you opened, but as designed after system restart Acrobat will not open those files for you by itself.

Thanks

6. Changes are not able to be saved when source or destination folder name of document is changed while editing. Changing folder names is common on Mac OSX and applications typically do not have issues tracking folder name changes while the application and document is open.

1. To reproduce on OSX, open a PDF document and make edits. Change the name of the folder the PDF resides in. Attempt to save changes. Acrobat shows this error "The document could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The error is expected since you are changing the source folder name while the file-inside is in Write-mode.

You can try Save As to not lose any changes.

Just for information, on windows – you cannot change the source folder name while a file, is in write-mode.

7. Bug - I have up to date Microsoft Outlook for mac (subscription) as well as a subscription for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. The idea of a subscription (which is pretty expensive) is that you get the most recent version of the software.

I have been using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for about two weeks now. My experience has been very negative. The specific issue that annoys me is the ability to email a PDF file. When I attempt to do this one of two things happen:

1) The system just goes into Beach ball spinning mode - have to force…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cannot uncheck "whole word" from Find box. It's there but grayed out. There is no way to uncheck by default. Have to open the cumbersom full search panel, but it still won't change the default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I worked on a document for 3 hours. Then something unexpectedly happened as I was trying to save it. Now all is gone. Can I retrieve this document by any chance?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, I found a hang in current release Adobe Acrobat DC (2017.012.20095) when working with Microsoft Outlook on the Mac OS X. I've reproduced on two different Mac models with different versions of the OS. (10.12.6 and 10.12.4) and different versions of Outlook (15.37 and 15.28). This started happening very recently so the problem has to be in a recent update and I think it is because we upgraded Acrobat to the latest on the effected machines.

Steps to reproduce primarily setup related. We heavily use the Share menu so that we can mail PDF files quickly as they are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Steps to reproduce:
    Opened Acrobat DC --- a popup about integration with Microsoft Office appeared.

Environment: MacOS 10.11.6, Acrobat DC 2017.009.20044

Expected result:
    I should be given immediate access to the Close button or the Continue button.

Observed result:
    The popup hijacked the app, with a spinning beachball cursor, for several seconds - at least 10 seconds. This is not the only performance issue I've seen - I've reported others that still aren't fixed. It all ads up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Freezing on opening a PDF. Force quit is not working. Cannot restart or shut down computer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Using a professional solution, you can convert data from Thunderbird files to PST. With WholeClear Thunderbird to PST Converter, it is simple to convert Thunderbird to Outlook PST Files without losing any data. It is possible to move files swiftly and with the best results. The new Outlook PST file format can be used to store Thunderbird files. It supports Thunderbird, Apple Mail, OperaMail, Entourage, Pocomail, Eudora, Mulberry, MozillaMail, Netscape, and other email clients without any usage limits. Anyone should be able to use the application effectively without technical support or in-depth knowledge thanks to its straightforward user interface (GUI).…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since acrobat pro dc 20135, and patch 20138, acrobat is not working with BPDX files to update a search index. I call acrobat.exe with a bpdx file passed as an argument, acrobat launches, and then the window appears as it did before attempting to update the index. Then message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". I just went through an issue - after update 20135, with acrobat not being able to search a PDX file - saying file not found. Update 20138 fixed the issue with acrobat but I suspect the issue still exists…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release (version# 21.001.20142). Please update your Acrobat and let us know if you’re still facing this issue.

Thanks
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

15. Adobe Acrobat DC (21.001.20135)

Yesterday 11/2/21, my Adobe Acrobat DC pro stopped searching indexes I have made. I Opened an index file (*.pdx) which I built using Adobe Acrobat DC pro a couple of weeks previous and when you search for a term, no results are found.
    So I re-built the index again (~8 mins duration) and the index was then able to return hits on search terms. It worked throughout the day yesterday with no problems.

This morning, I opened the index again (the one I re-built on 11/2) and again it doesn't find any results on search terms…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I open a PDF and choose the save command or save from the File menu, the "save" screen that pops up is blank. This is a significant functionality that is critical to using the software.

I am running Mojave 10.14.3 and Adobe DC 2019.10.20098

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not able to reproduce at our end, can you please check this again by updating acrobat and trying this again.

17. Like many others I am unable to have more than one PDF open using Acrobat DC. I've gone through all the suggested troubleshooting measures and nothing has fixed the issue.

It doesn't matter how I attempt to open the 2nd PDF, Acrobat DC immediately crashes.

Any help with this would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you please update acrobat to the latest version.
    The 2nd pdf will open in the newer tab.

18. The Action Wizards that are custom setup can no longer save to a pre-specified folder.

Previously action would save to a designated folder when "Save to Local Folder" was the option.

It no longer saves at all even though the operation is checked.

What should happen is it should be saved in the folder specified as previously.

I'm running MacOS 10.14 and using Acrobat 20080 on a MacBook Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For saving the file to a particular folder you can click on File menu > save as.
    The popup opens up now select ‘choose a different folder..’
    Now you can save your file to your desired location.

19. This service operative wasted over an hour of my time. He is not qualified enough to fix simple problems.
    Please view chat on Bomgar and get back to me. He wasted over an hour of my time. Luckily I spoke to someone else and they fixed issue in 15 minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With Flash/Animate for years, I've had trouble with nested animations. In order to use the nesting to its full potential, and for organization, I will animate small pieces in nested animations (Flash) and am now trying to use pre-Composite groups on the main composition (AfterEffects). For multiple items, and for many nested animations, it's extremely difficult to create a uniform animation when I can't see what's happening in the Main Composition/ Timeline while in the nested animation or pre-composite. A feature to allow you to see what happens in the Main Timeline while working on these smaller pieces would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?