Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. I suggest a feature that would read out loud individual word(s) as selected by the user and also be able to read out loud the alt tag on images if the image is clicked. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. would be nice to have the option of remapping existing shortcuts for moving around, adding bookmarks, etc..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

This is an enhancement request but we currently do not plan to cater to this as it is not very critical and also, not many people have supported this.

3. Ich würde mir auch im Acrobat individuell anpassbare Tastaturbefehle wünschen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

4. Adobe Read out loud feature is reading some section and figure numbers as a date. It only seems to happen where the number has a format of 3 digits, separated by a decimal, and where the 3rd digit is greater or equal to 10. For example, 3.2.11 is read “March Second, Eleven” and 4.4.10 is read “April Fourth, Ten”. I’m assuming it is a setting in Adobe somewhere, since it is doing it for text within the document as well, not just figure numbers or alt text from images. There was nothing odd about the text from the word versions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change the background color of a pdf even if there is a background image to avoid visual fatigue or a option of capping the brigntness to avoid changing screen settings

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I run a lot of scripts on Acrobat and it would be nice to have the tools tab be the one that opens on launch. Currently, I need to do 4 clicks every time I want to run an action script Tools > Action > Choose My Action > Select Files.

Even a shortcut to specific tools would be amazing! You can do this on all other Adobe programs (assign shortcuts) but you cannot do this on Acrobat and it makes my workflow on this program so much slower.

I saw a lot of requests to remove the tools pane,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is a problem with switching colors for reading and printing. There is no button whitch would allows easily switch between both modes. For example when I read book I would expect dark backgrpound and white letters in order to by not blinded by the huge area of default white background. For now I have to use Tools / Preferences / Accessibility / Document Color Options to set colorors which I need. Unfortunately it has influence on printing where white background is desired. So in consequence, I have to do a lot of changes of color mode by going through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We have escalated the request to the higher management and we want to inform you that there no plan to implement it right now. However, we have kept it in our radar, and would implement in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags are not imported. This has been a long-standing issues across all Acrobat versions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It needs james.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think it could be nice to click on the same button to deactivate the previously selected option. For instance, I selected the Highlighter to highlight some words. I though it was the same button to quit this state, as the same interactivity gate. Instead of that, I needed to go on the Arrow symbol to deselect the Highlighter.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The process for adding alt text is rather onerous, especially for pdfs created from jpegs or other image files. It requires typing in all of the text and doesn't provide for an easy way to separate out sections of a pdf, as in a poster with a varied layout, such as a biographical poster with a photo, titles, subtitles, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need the text to speech reading-out-loud feature; however, it's painful to use for my purposes.

I want to select a block of text or a region of a page, and have it read to me like my Mac does. I do not want it to arbitrarily start at the top of the document or even at the top of the current page. Often it trudges through character-by-character read-outs of long, arcane URLs, and other nonsense, cruft, and noise embedded in or sprinkled around the document.

Not only do I not have time for that, it's very painful to sit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am in output preview looking at the cyma color composition on my document and because the background of the document is 50% k I'm having problems seeing the cursor. Being able to change the cursor color to something like magenta or cyan would help me immensely identify where the cursor is

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like to have Adobe Pro DC continue out the functionality of keyboard shortcuts for Tools. I can send Alt, V, T and it will bring up a list of the tools. Usually in these menu’s it will give you an underlined letter so that you can select that option. I would think R would be underlined for Redaction but it is not. The whole list of tools does not have any underlined letters in their names. The next one that is underlined is O for open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have noted this request and the team may prioritize it in future.

16. Thank you for your reply to my previous post to this topic a few hours ago:

"Hi
    Can you please be more specific about which menu are you facing the issue with?"

Maybe its better not to remove the post before letting me answer.

The issue covers all drop-down-menus (top menu bar) and Sub-menus and also sidebars just as 'Page editing' including tools.

By now now we have around 120 licences and almost every user has reported problems navigating through the program due to low contrast between text and Background.

We hope this Problem will be fixed by an update…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?