Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

362 results found

1. I am attempting to generate PDFs which are considered accessible using Python.

I am checking their Accessibility in Acrobat and getting what I think spurious warnings with regards to the title tag.

The XML packet before the acrobat "fix" looks like this:
    ```
    <?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?>
    <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="Adobe XMP Core 9.1-c001 79.2a0d8d9, 2023/03/14-11:19:46 ">
    <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
    <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/" xmlns:xmpMM="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/" rdf:about="">
    <dc:format>application/pdf/dc:format
    <dc:title>
    <rdf:Alt>
    <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Vendor Report: VENDOR/rdf:li
    /rdf:Alt
    /dc:title
    <xmp:ModifyDate>2023-05-26T12:54:04-04:00/xmp:ModifyDate
    <xmp:CreateDate>2023-05-26T12:28:56-04:00/xmp:CreateDate
    <xmp:MetadataDate>2023-05-26T12:54:04-04:00/xmp:MetadataDate
    <xmpMM:DocumentID>uuid:befe056c-5bfe-4c4d-9d90-0d6b1d008200/xmpMM:DocumentID
    <xmpMM:InstanceID>uuid:328eb639-0111-ac4b-a9ba-a39da14175e0/xmpMM:InstanceID
    /rdf:Description
    /rdf:RDF
    /x:xmpmeta

<?xpacket end="w"?>
    ```

The XML packet after the acrobat "fix" looks like this:
    ```…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am over 70 and still active on line. Could you please grant me a senior discount for use of your Adobe Pro or Standard

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please let us customize the Keyboard shortcuts. There are so many possibilities with Acrobat and so many shortcuts with pre-setup and confusing key-combinations. Please allow this to be editable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Visual accessibility for people with less than optimal vision: I am 82 years old and the font size for the Menu icon is really small. Why not make it a little larger? Everything else on the page is larger. In fact, if everything were in a slightly larger font size, it would be a blessing too!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Font size control in the program on the menus and the recent list and such. Without using Windows' horrible magnifier. With bad eyes everything is way too small.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 最新版的快照工具在編輯中找不到,在工具清單也沒有顯示,除非使用搜尋欄才會顯示以點選啟動,這影響到處理大型影像的工作效率,請盡快修正

For the latest version Acrobat (23.6.20320.0
    ), Snapshot is no longer listed in Edit and not able to be found in Tools, unless trigger it via the search bar, working efficiency is impacted for dealing with some large image, could you fix it asap?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move the Zoom Buttons, Page Navigation, and Page Number display BACK to the top center where I'm expecting them to be. This is NOT simplifying your design, it is interfering with my productivity for absolutely no reason. The simplest design is the one I'm already familiar with.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a report to get the detail of active Adobe license users and last time they used their license, so as to help us take a decision while renewing the licenses for our organisation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The fact that my invoice isn't emailed to me each month and I am having to post that as a feature request is beyond ridiculous.

It's obvious that you aren't doing it already so people just continue to pay each month without a visual reminder that they have a subscription however it is extremely frustrating.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello,

To whomever may be competent to solve the problem....

There are several incomprehensible bugs with accessibility in Acrobat. Many tags are not correctly created, even if the link has been created directly from acrobat.

Links give problems of "tagged annotations - incorrect", recursively.

Problems with the establishment of the reading order, when the programme wants to, it does not tag correctly, those declared as artefacts do not disappear from the reading order, you try to remove a reading order from the structure and it does not do it, you try to mark it as another type of element and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why can't I change the speed of the Read aloud just because I am dyslexic does not mean that I need to have have the material read so slowly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Please follow the below steps to change the speed of Read Out Loud:
    1. Go to Preferences. (Ctrl + K)
    2. Go to Reading in Left hand navigation bar
    3. Under Read Out Loud Options heading, Uncheck Use default speech attributes and enter the speed in Words per minute field between 50 to 450.
    4. Click Ok and use Read Out Loud

Similarly you can change other attributes as well. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. The text reader in MacOS is not a typical screen reader, but it does provide easy, fast access to spoken content from on-screen text. Unfortunately, it does not work with Adobe Acrobat. Ideally, it would speak selected text with a keyboard shortcut, but only reads the document name in Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat screen reader is difficult to use, does not read selected text, and often fails due to pdf accessibility issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Within Adobe Acrobat there are options to Create a Portfolio of documents or to use the Attachment feature to create a group of documents. While keyboard shortcuts allow you to browse some of the menus, get to the document list, and select a document from the list. However, there is not a keyboard short cut to read the document in the view or to access the Open Document link. It seems to be only available through mouse selection.

This places users of these features at risk because the end user can't access the document to read it using only keyboard…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    As I can see, the issue is related to keyboard keys, Please follow the below controls to access the Open Document link.
    Use tab to click on Attachment in Left Hand Pane. Press tab multiple times to bring the focus on the Option menu. Click Enter and Use arrow keys to navigate inside Options menu items. This resolves your access to Open Document Link.

Secondly, Use Ctrl+Shift+Y and then Ctrl+Shift+V/B to read the document using Read out loud feature. You can alternatively see it in View Menu → Read Out Loud → Click Activate ROL → Click Read this page/ end of the document.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. We need a way to setup adobe Pro to automatically utilize the accessbility scanner when saving a doc to become more ADA compliant.

Out of the box, this should be a feature we can turn on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can check the Accessibility of a pdf by running the Run Accessibility Check feature in Accessibility App.
    Also we have kept this request in a radar and will try to provide the support in future.

Please check out latest features on Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. Current Behaviour - If a PDF document has a title present in the “Title” document property then the default initial view of Acrobat Reader and Acrobat PRO is set to "File Name" rather than the "Document Title".

Impact - Acrobat's Accessibility Checks report the "Title" error while the title is already there. This requires the "Initial View" setting to be changed on each PDF manually.

Desired Behaviour - Set the “Initial View” to “Document Title” as default when a PDF is opened on Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC Pro.

Why the feature is needed - All organisations want to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI David,
    We tried on our side on the latest build. It is fixed on our side. Please update on the latest build.
    Although the issue faced by you may be because you have not turned off Protected View, Please turn it off and you won’t be facing the issue anymore.

Thanks
    Rachir

17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Accessibility remediation of PDFs is chewing up an inordinate amount of labor, and at present, the steps required to yield accessible PDFs from InDesign are at a ridiculously unrefined, fussy, deep-in-the-weeds stage. This seems like an ideal application for AI. PLEASE create an AI tool that can handle all of the picky details of PDF remediation. I'd love to be presented with a simple set of questions to define things like reading order (in Acrobat and InDesign), then just have the AI handle giving me a PDF that passes muster and works well with assistive tech. I want an AI…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Legacy Menu reversion would be nice, there is too much change in the software now and for those of us that have been with Acrobat since the beginning, it is almost like learning a brand new program with the way it's being presented.
    Would be nice to have a choice of layout version.
    Also, having the software auto update without knowing the scope of what is being done, is not kosher. I wouldn't have updated the software to this version if I had known that this was being done. Just sayin.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here