Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. We noticed that your PDF viewer doesn't have AccSupp ActualText support. This means that copy-pasting technical text such as shellscripts and programming code, does not work in your PDF viewer and this greatly restrains the use of your whole program.

The replacement text is said to be supported, according to the file "Document management - Portable document format - Part 1: PDF 1.7" both on Table 323, page 559, and on section 14.9.4, page 615. Available here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf.

But according to the tests made using PDFs produced by pdflatex using the package accsupp, the replacement text support seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern here. I have shared this with the higher management. We currently do not have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will pick up in future,

Check the latest features in Acrobat Pro DC by keeping the software on latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

2. Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

3. Trimakasih

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It's been over ten years since I sold the tech company I owned for 22 years. I've been enjoying retirement...until about a month ago! A friend recruited me to help convert some hard copy documents, produced in the mid-eighties, and make them into accessible PDF files. She knew I had some background in technology and specifically with creating PDFs from paper. The documents were going to be part of a new web site about the history of ADA! Given the nature of the site, the documents needed to be accessible! I downloaded Acrobat Pro DC (and a couple of screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,
    Thank you for such a overwhelming feedback. We appreciate your contribution in helping us provide better services to our customers.
    Please check out the latest updates in Acrobat Pro DC for new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. Hi Team
    Please include with Table Control, the option of reading table header with each column value so that it can become easy for person who is trying to understand the contents read
    Also it would be better if user can read a hidden column

Thanks and Regards,
    Manoj Prithiani

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. use of Acrobat DC must be seamless across operating systems, browsers, and devices. seamless interoperability = efficiency. Proprietary in-fighting between apple, microsoft, and google needs to stop. Why not work together for the benefit of all?The business models need to change. For example, "accessibility" of apps needs to be independent of browser, OS, and device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm having an accessibility issue that may be a bug with Acrobat or InDesign, or a combination of both. I have a single page of show notes for a podcast. Paragraph styles are used, export tagging is set, and order is laid out in the articles pannel. Upon export and listening with the NVDA screen reader, the reading order is correct, but the bulleted list of links is just read as "bullet, bullet, bullet, etc." without the accompanying text, and the links are skipped. You can tab through the links, but instead of identifying the object as a link, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI,
    I checked the issue reported by you. I would like to inform you that the bullets and the links tags are not tagged properly as can be seen in Tags panel in Acrobat.

Please report this issue to Indesign.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. Why default to yellow text on white background? It's impossible to read. Personally, some DARK themes would be desirable, i.e. yellow text on black background. Is a SIMPLE link to change SETTINGS in this regard?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Will the Accessible PDF be a ADA Compliant?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello,
    I made the document accessible. All items are tagged, including proper reading order, but a screen reader ignores the reading order. Would appreciate help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating a List structure, a "Create List..." menu/dialog box would be helpful. You could specify the number of levels and sublevels if need be, and Acrobat would automatically create the proper tag structure for that list. It is very tedious currently to manually create the tag structure with multiple levels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When "Replace Document Colors" is used with multiple tabs (documents) open, the background will "window blind" as you scroll through the document. For example, if the background color has been changed to gray and a new PDF is opened in a tab, that PDF's background will have white, horizontal stripes as you scroll through that persist when scrolling stops. This only happens with the "Enable Scrolling" view option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SVG graphics have some helpful accessibility features. Is it possible to incorporate these into the PDF structure? This could be a big improvement in PDF accessibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As the title states, the right-click context menu is not consistent when in the Accessibility Reading Order tool. For example, when right-clicking tables to access the Table Editor and/or Edit Table Summary views, those items are sometimes not available.

With the Table Editor you can still at least access the floating Reading Order window to click open the Table Editor. However, when the Edit Table Summary menu item disappears (they always disappear in pairs), I have to manually save the PDF to refresh its context menu. Sometimes I have to close out completely. It appears random. I can go for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We cannot mark the PDF document as Catalan when we make accessibility corrections in the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I tried to have adobe acrobat read a pdf for me today. I wanted to rest my eyes and listen to the document instead of reading it. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that the 'reader' spoke in such an incomprehensible way, to the point that I could not understand 90% of what it was saying. I have to think that the technology to provide something better is out there. The 'reader' didn't follow the cadence of normal speech. It didn't know how to pronounce most of the words. I'd be one happy customer if the reader could be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side. You can set the preferences from Edit→ Preferences (Ctrl/Comm + K) → Reading.

Kindly contact us for further assistance.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. When using auto-tag, often graphic elements are forced to back or deleted. See attached examples, where the text next to the HHS-CDC logo is messed up after auto-tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. When I open a document the reading order is missing.
    2. One of my clients has sent me a pdf with the reading order attached and the tags assigned, the document has been tagged, it's all good to go. However, when I open the document on my end, all of the reading orders have been removed. I know the reading order has been set, i checked the original document and it was tagged properly, but when she emails it to me the reading order is not showing up on my end.
    3. We both have Windows 10 Os, I am on the…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It has been important in my practice to review reports and multitask. The Apple OS version of Adobe Acrobat is not compatible with the system-wide keystroke of option+s, which activates text-to-speech. This essential function works with MS Office 365 and other third-party apps. Secondly, the rate of speech (even after changing the preferences) is too rapid for use. Clearly, the options of reading the whole page or whole document are limitations. I work with patients who have auditory processing problems, and I can imagine that this function makes some document reading inaccessible. The current configuration is probably an upgrade for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I had somehow turned the Grid on. I love keyboard shortcuts, so I tried "CMD+G" and nothing happened. "CMD+R" turns the ruler on/off. So I went through the view nav, and found that the key command for turning the Grid on/off is "CMD+U" .... why is it "U" and not "G"? G would make the most sense because it's a Grid. There's not even the letter "U" in the word Grid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?