Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

247 results found

1. Why no confirmation when a shared file is read,
    This is one of the main reasons we subscribed, and now the feature has been removed?
    is it coming back?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide an option to set an expiration date on shared documents, Links, Signatures, and Files.
    Creates an option to chose an expiration date for the share & collaboration to end. For example, deadlines are necessary for premiers and limited short run editions. Dates that Expire would be useful when users want to stop sharing rough drafts with numerous individuals who may be collaborating on a marketing campaign.
    Any files that can be shared are automatically given the option to add expiration dates. After the expiration period is over the links, documents, files, and signatures options would no longer be accessible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. having an access removable button would benefit all account users who shares files with other individual. By having an option to remove a person from viewing a document you've shared with them would give us great ability to deny people from viewing this document. For example: If you've shared a document with "John Doe and *" you should be able to remove "John Doe and * would still have access to the document rather than having to "unshare" the entire document .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Acrobat 2020 when selecting "Send File..." displays a prompt "Send by email" with a prompt to select either the Default email client or Webmail. Every...time...

Adobe Reader 2020 when selecting "Send File..." displays a dialogue the initial time with an option to "Remember my choice" to select Default email application or Webmail. If the application and
    "Remember..." option is selected this dialogue does not display again and future PDF emailing drops directly in to Outlook.

The paid Acrobat software needs to behave like the free Reader by not having an errant pointlessly repetitive prompt every single time to attach…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi, when I use the Acrobat plugin for Outlook, I had expected that I could track comments, but I cannot. This is not explicit.

I would like more options for shared review of PDFs directly in Outlook, as this means I would not have to send follow up emails (for internal tracking this is required in our organization).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prompt or notify user if a PDF file is already open. Currently the file just opens and locks both users from being able to save the file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc / Version 2019.012.20040

See attached image of how user interface looked.

Had the ability to share/track/send multiple files. A must have feature
    for all users especially designers who use the Adobe software more than anyone else.

The newer versions do not WHY?

Please Adobe bring this feature back !!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sending PDF attached emails through Acrobat using outlook crashes after sending the email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow to set a pathway for the review of a document by 2 or more people so there is an order to the review process and not multiple people reviewing and commenting at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would nice to be able to unshare a document, make changes to it, and reshare it again without losing comments & suggested edits made from previous users that were invited to it. I currently to manually copy/paste client comments from a previously shared file into a new one any time a partial change is made to the doc but old comments still need to be addressed or referenced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prevent modifications to PDF files and forwarding of files when sharing as an attachments in emails. For example, Microsoft allows encryption of a select file formats through Outlook that can prevent further forwarding and editing of the file when attached to an email. This feature would be a great addition to protecting and securing PDF files when the option of cloud access is not feasible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently only one file can be shared at a time, but it often makes sense to share multiple files. Add the ability to share multiple files with one link.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using Share for Review on DC, with several reviewers. I, the owner, made 2 comments. The next day 2 colleagues (A and B) tell me they have commented. I open and see nothing. At 5 am I get an email from Adobe that 1 commenter (B) made 40 comments. I look again and see nothing, and realize there is a problem. Commenter A shares a screenshot of her view in a browser, and it shows "[owner] deleted this comment 13 hours ago". I never deleted any comments, and there seems to be no way to view or retrieve deleted comments.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Customer.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working at our best to resolve your issue. Meanwhile could you please help us with the below info.

1. Are you also not able to see the comments on Web(Browser)
    2. Issue appears for specific file or on every files.
    3. Also facing any error while posting comments.
    4. Also please check if any filter is enabled in Shared file to show only specific comments.

15. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro allows access to Google My Drive, but I work for a company and most of our files are on Google Shared Drives which now makes editing pdfs a real pain. Please fix by allowing direct access to Google Shared Drives using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.
    Thanks,
    Ben Black
    Right of Way Tech Support
    205 S. 17th Ave MD 612E
    Phoenix, AZ 85007
    602-712-7143
    WWW.AZDOT.GOV

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the Desktop Version of Acrobat Pro DC i am missing the shared folders from Goolge Drive. In the Acrobat App on the iPhone i have access to them though. Please bring them on the Desktop Version too, its really needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Public Speaking 1103 D04 Bay Stevens self evaluation, Informative speech

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need the ability to redline, add formatted text (just like track changes in MS Word) and easily and efficiently strikethrough. In the update as of April 2021 it is a lot of different clicks to configure a redline, strikethrough, adding text and comments. Right now you have to create a redline from scratch and confirgure text when it should be automatic or done with one click.

From a legal doc standpoint this would make docs easier and more efficient to collaborate on and easier to share instead of converting PDFs to Word docs, tracking changes and converting back to a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As an organisation we receive many PDF documents which are centrally stored within SharePoint. We have a requirement to read and provide comments on the content from a multi-user base, i.e. we need the ability to collaborate on a single PDF where all Users can read and write comments on the same PDF document, plus all edits are saved centrally. Essentially can Adobe provide the same collaboration tools as Microsoft does with Office 365?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have been trying to send a document as an email for over an hour and it gives me an error message. Thank God this is not an emergency. Your system charges and then it does not deliver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?