Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10535 results found

1. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, unlike its vastly superior predecessor, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, is extraordinarily poor in the file management window department.

The search functions are terrible, and it is not possible to sort documents by the various parameters. Nor does it 'remember' what folder you used previously, so that you are always having to search back through the folders to get to where you want to be. It's very hard to figure out where you are by looking at the top of the file folder screen. Basically what used to be a great UI, is horrible.

The idea is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. PDF Compressing/Optimizing Issues:

I have a PDF document designed in Photoshop and when Compressing using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC there are 3 issues that happen:

1. The text becomes illegible in only certain parts of the document

2. The images become warped and extremely fuzzy

3. The Compression/Optimization tool is not compressing the PDF enough, we would like the document to go from 80MB to 80KB as an example.

Attached is what the PDF looks like before compressing, and an example of what it looks like after compressing. I have spoken with several reps and no one is able to assist me.

Please…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. PDF Compressing/Optimizing Issues:

I have a PDF document designed in Photoshop and when Compressing using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC there are 3 issues that happen:

1. The text becomes illegible in only certain parts of the document

2. The images become warped and extremely fuzzy

3. The Compression/Optimization tool is not compressing the PDF enough, we would like the document to go from 80MB to 80KB as an example.

Attached is what the PDF looks like before compressing, and an example of what it looks like after compressing. I have spoken with several reps and no one is able to assist me.

Please…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to be able to sign a document after it has been received back from a client for signature. I am a photographer and most of my contracts are 2 way signatures. As of now I have to send it to myself to an unrelated business email in order for me to sign the document after a client to be able to provide them with a copy signed by both the client and myself. I find it to be labor intensive not be able to sign the document in Adobe Sign after they have signed it.

I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Overall Acrobat is horrible non intutitive a simple google search and you will see I am not the only one that thinks this. I would suggest you work with NON-PROGRAMING design and flow oriented people to fix the issue with Adobe Acrobat otherwise it will be a thing of the past since many companies like ZOHO, Microsoft and Google are doing the work better thought the demand in the business world is PDF because you have marketed it so...I do not believe Adobe will be able to hold up this software as people are innovating their software at light speeds…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat is an application and as such, I should not need to reboot the computer when it updates. I have lost information twice now. I will now block it from updating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After completing an editable form with no restrictions and fillable fields in Acrobat DC, the data typed into the fields does not save. The form is blank when the document is saved and then reopened. Even when "Save as Other" --> "Reader Extended PDF" --> "Enable More Tools" is turned on, the data in the fields cannot be saved. This is a frustrating and time-consuming issue since users must complete the form, and if there are any errors, must then complete the entire form over again from scratch. I have now wasted more than two hours total completing a form…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. These should be added immediately to make reviewing as easy as possible. Our team has paid for Adobe Pro DC thinking this would fix the problem to being able to use these tools, yet they still do not work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello,
    It would be very useful to have the possibility to save the split of a spreadsheet to share it with collègues (for example reporting). Today we can't save it and it is fastidious to make each time a new split.Is this planned in your road map work?
    With kind regards Sandrine

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why cant I zoom out of the default oversize document? Whose grandmother set these defaults?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I don't understand why I can't drag and drop an open pdf into another pdf that I am organising, ie adding the latest statement to a journal statement. It is all a bit cumbersome at the moment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to have Style 1 and Style 2 as choices for text boxes and callouts AND be able to have them as part of my quick tools. (For example, I want my comments that will cause changes to be in one color and my comments--which won't cause changes--be in another color.) Right now, I have one format (eg, red box with yellow fill) for changes. But I would like to be able to have another choice (eg, green box with blue fill) for comments that won't involve changes to the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

14. Create a right click utility option to be able to batch convert files to PDF without prompting for each document save. Your competitors have this feature and Adobe Acrobat should be able to do this without "actions" or other workarounds.

Complete the following use case.

1. Highlight multiple Office/Document files (even 50-100 is possible) 1A. Right click the documents
    2. Click "Batch Convert to PDF"
    3. A dialog opens, lists all selected files, has the ability to add new or remove files, asks where to save all PDFs and what settings such as PDF/A, quality, etc
    4. Have multiple conversion options such as "Convert…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi there,
    I'm using Distiller 19.21 ...
    To generate a PDF I always print to postscript from Indesign and afterwards the Distiller generates the PDF-file. When there is in error (somewhere in a bad EPS [binary EPS for example], foreign PDF or in a Picture) the Distiller stops the PDF creating, I can search and remove the cause for the error and finally i get a technically perfect PDF for any printing house.

That ist not possible for the PDF-X4-standard ... that is not good at all. To give away a clean PDF-file it is a MUST in my opinion…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I convert a complex-looking PDF to a word document, there are too many formatting elements. For example, there are multiple sections (which means multiple headers and footer) unnecessary columns, dotted lines converted into dots in a tiny text, margins that default to the very edge of the page. Numbered lists turn into automatically numbered lists even though I have automatically numbered lists turned off on Word.

I need to be able to have the option to stop Acrobat using formatting features when turning documents into PDF's. I need to be able to stop unnecessary columns, set sensible margins, turn…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC's Prepare Form mode, before one of the more recent updates, I could click and drag my mouse over 1 or more interactive PDF form fields to select/modify and move them as desired.

When I wanted to click away/deselect them, the selected items would simply deselect no matter where I clicked (including existing text elements) and leave me in Prepare Form mode.

Now, when I attempt to deselect interactive fields by clicking on any element, such as text, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC takes me to Edit Text & Images mode.

If I want to click and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Step back in functionality and hugely annoying--icons take up too much room, and seem to move/float around. I just had to add the "view one page" and "view full width" icons (side by side, BTW) to my toolbar, when they had been there just a few days ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be a shortcut for redacting and removing unwanted pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adobe runs extremely slow at times; I get a "not responding" error message numerous times each day. Files take a very long time to load or they just don't open. Adobe crashes (closes) several times each day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?