Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10530 results found

1. AutoCAD has an option to create a "wipeout" feature that you can place behind text to hide the drawing behind it. When creating PDFs from AutoCAD, it looks perfect while viewed as a digital copy. However, when end users (not the PDF creators) try to print these onto hardcopy FROM ACROBAT, the wipeout areas appear shaded, hatched, or solid black. This is not an issue with AutoCAD, as they print out correctly from the source. It is a compatibility issue that needs to be a collaborative effort between Autodesk and Adobe. This has actually been a problem for years, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Cannot save PDF - File - save as - comes up blank - also unable to email from app. MACOS Catalina ver. 10.15.1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Cannot save PDF - File - save as - comes up blank - also unable to email from app. MACOS Catalina ver. 10.15.1

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One task I need to perform frequently in my job is to search 1,000+ page documents for certain keywords, then save to a file JUST those pages with that keyword.

I had been doing that by using Advanced Search with the keyword, identifying particular pages to print and typing the page numbers into Notepad as I went along, such as "250-255,260-263,266,270-276,278,281,287,290-294,302,304,305,307,309,311-320,322,333,334,337-339,343-347,355,357,370-372,379". Then I would paste that string into the Pages box in the Print dialog box.

But, come to find out, Acrobat has been TRUNCATING that to 100 characters, WITHOUT telling me. It would just go ahead and print fewer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You removed the option of "title" for a field choice in Adobe Sign. I have to use "full name," now. Signatories are confused by this. Please put Title back as a field option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

8. I often look up word translations and paste them into sticky notes beside the text. It would be great if there was a short-cut (Cmd+Alt+Shift+V) like there is in Pages to paste content right into the standard formatting of sticky notes. Otherwise, the text pasted from a webpage will often be too large or will contain distracting hyperlinks (see attached). Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Other users within team can see the signature requests and be able to send reminders on behalf of original team member.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please find enclosed a sample file that was convered from JPEG to PDF. Even after using "edit text & Images" the document is NOT EDITABLE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Every.
    Single.
    Click.

Sits on it for about a minute.

"Not Responding"...

"Not Responding"...

"Not Responding"...

"Not Responding"...

Did I mention

Every.

Single.

Click.

grrrr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Environment:
    Windows. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2019.012.20040

Expected result is that the text field remains Read Only when the digital signature is cleared.

What happens is the Read Only field appears visible as if it can have data entered into it.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to reproduce it on other forms, and I cannot attach this form as it is proprietary. Not sure if this is a familiar problem with others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. there is a security flaw in adobe acrobat Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 19.21.20049.354971
    AGM: 4.30.91
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.44610

sometimes, while opening a new PDF, a cache of the previously opened PDF (which is no longer opened) will be displayed for several seconds until the the newly opened PDF is fully loaded

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When changing anything within a text field to a subscript or superscript, and then changing the font size of the entire field later, the subscript or superscripts are also changed to that font size. In most cases, it would be preferable to maintain characters or words that are subscripted/superscripted during an overall font size change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Holding the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) should allow for selecting/highlighting multiple, separate characters or words within a text field. Similar to how the Shift key can be used to select/highlight a single range of characters.

This would allow easier batch modification, to be used when making many singular characters within a paragraph into subscripts, for instance. Command or Control-selecting each character to be modified then enables the user to only have to click the subscript button once, instead of for each character after highlighting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Holding the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) should allow for selecting/highlighting multiple, separate characters or words within a text field. Similar to how the Shift key can be used to select/highlight a single range of characters.

This would allow easier batch modification, to be used when making many singular characters within a paragraph into subscripts, for instance. Command or Control-selecting each character to be modified then enables the user to only have to click the subscript button once, instead of for each character after highlighting.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Need functionality to restrict the number of copies of print.
    2. We also would like to have a functionality to bind the PDF with a specific computer mac address to view the PDF and there by setup a license schema
    3. Restrict the document from unauthorized copying by making hte interface read only
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a graphic design, I use the same few .ai art files per day. duplicated into new files. For over a year, I've been able to select .ai files to upload directly into a image field in art proof form (which is also duplicated and reused over and over) that I created. This is a function that I was able to do hundreds of times over the past year.

Then after running an update to Mac Catalina on 10/31, Acrobat Pro DC no longer allows .ai files (however .eps files are accepted) to be directly uploaded into image fields. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Acrobat DC Pro is far behind what you already had with Acorbat Professional, slower, cumbersome-like I am using platform from 2yrs ago

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Very frustrated with Acrobat at the moment, I reguluarly save my work but every now and then it just randomly closes down! Sometimes it recovers what I do and other times like now has just lost it.
    Why is a service I am paying for work worse than a Microsoft product that can have auot save... and doesen't just randomly close throughout the day. Very annoyed. This issue needs to be fixed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?