Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10660 results found

1. After the update, no longer able to change font settings of comments (ie font size, font color, etc.). After reaching out to help desk, it was indicated that this can only be done in the "Edit pdf" tool which only works once comments are embedded in the document. This does not make sense as I still need the comments to be "live" so that further edits can be made in the future. This is especially upsetting as I work on pdf's that are 24X36 and need the comments to stand out but the size is so small, it gets lost…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You need to add that back ASAP. As it is now, you can only share ONE file at a time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Having a problem with temporary files being opened instead of the file from the stable location when using "View PDF after Saving" from Illustrator and inDesign. I find the auto opening feature to be extremely useful as it saves me a lot of steps and helps me catch problems such as transparency overprinting issues or improper variable data numbering before items are sent to the printer. Not every time, but often I am finding that the temporary file is being opened not the file saved in the customer folder location. This is new to the latest update of the software.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When creating a binder using the > Combine Files function, all batch imported files should be clearly checked by default, with the option to uncheck individual files.

Alternatively: When clicking > Combine, the user could be notified:
    "It seems you have imported more files than are currently being combined. Is this right? (Tip: If you like to use all your imported files in this binder, please check all your imported files by doing X.) >Y/N

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since I upgraded acrobat Pro DC to version 19.021.20048, when I opened the software, it always stuck and couldn't be used at all. My computer system is macOS 10.14.6. I have tested two Macs (macOS 10.14.6) that also have this problem. What's the matter, please? Please resolve as soon as possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The pdf is too large to open in Adobe. (Assumed because the program crashes when attempting to open the file.) The only way to reduce the file size is to open the file therefore I cannot reduce it because the program continues to crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My pdfs do not print centered, even though I have "auto portrait landscape" clicked. they print left and down on the page. I can print correctly from any other program. What is wrong with Acrobat!!!???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In form edit mode, using the Select Object Tool. When selecting a column of form objects (e.g. check boxes) ALL non form objects are selected, and the tool reverts to the Edit too. This renders it impossible to perform actions on the form objects alone

In the file, try and select a column of checkboxes to match the behaviour.

This worked fine before the last update, currently on 2019.021.20047

I would suggest removing the Edit tool from the Form Edit mode, it is not necessary. It is available in the PDF Edit mode.

When I want to work on form…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. [BUG] Can no longer create outputintents.
    Acrobat DC: Build: 19.21.20047.353337

Get the following error:

Fehler beim Speichern des Output Intent
    Datei:
    Ursache: Standard library exception of type 'N5boost10filesystem16filesystemerrorE' caught.
    Message: "boost::filesystem::permissions: No such file or directory"
    OutputIntent
    DLG
    PREFSOUTPUTSetNameshort Neuer Output Intent 2
    DLGPREFSOUTPUTSetColorSpacelong (CMYK)
    ICC-Profil-Pfad- und Dateiname /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ECI Offset 2009/ISOcoated
    v2_eci.icc
    ICC-Profilname ISO Coated v2 (ECI)
    Registrierter Name (OutputConditionIdentifier) Custom
    Registriert bei (URL)
    Ausgabebedingung (OutputCondition) Custom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How long do I have to wait for Acrobat to recognize Thai text from scanned images/documents

I am trying to recognize Thai text from the enhance document tool but Thai is not listed in the languages available. While I can't use this fucntion I also have to pay the same price as the others who can benefit from this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SharePoint - Checking in Signed Documents
    Acrobat Pro DC allows the user to link to their SharePoint account and check in/out documents. There is a disconnect when the document becomes "secure" after receiving signatures and the document is unable to be checked in once it's been signed. Please allow the functionality to check in the secured signed version of the document as a new version (still unable to edit).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when using the comment tool with text, the text properties appears, if it is changed it disappears and wont come back until I close the tool and reopen the comment tool

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

13. I Just upgraded my CC account and now Acrobat runs to slow. When I use my Action Wizards scripts to use on 356 pdfs it would take about 5 minutes. NOW it takes 4.5 hours. Fix the problem now

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When dealing with construction drawings, it would be convenient to be able to select an area for the software to take the page label from and apply it to all drawings. Along with the ability to add multiple areas or other custom words to that same field. Bluebeam does this feature beautifully and I'll be switching to Bluebeam if this is not done asap. This should be a basic fucntion and is really a no brainer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When "Replace Document Colors" is used with multiple tabs (documents) open, the background will "window blind" as you scroll through the document. For example, if the background color has been changed to gray and a new PDF is opened in a tab, that PDF's background will have white, horizontal stripes as you scroll through that persist when scrolling stops. This only happens with the "Enable Scrolling" view option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How would you like the feature to work? I want the option to search within a certain page or a certain section of a PDF. I would want this feature really accessible because I don't want to jump all around a 1000 page PDF.

Why is this feature important to you? Improves my usability of this product.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When adding Radio Buttons on forms, users need options for "Open Square" and "Open Circle" Button Styles. The inside/middle of the button should be transparent, so that users can easily see the text behind their underlying choice. This would simulate users circling a choice with a pencil/marker rather than completely "filling in" the circle or square.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to change line color and line thickness of the "open circle" or "open square". Currently, users can only change the border color and line thickness of ALL radio buttons, regardless of whether the button is selected…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SVG graphics have some helpful accessibility features. Is it possible to incorporate these into the PDF structure? This could be a big improvement in PDF accessibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dear god. This is insane. The cursor in Reader changes itself from a bar to a circle to a bar to a cross to a circle to a bar to a cross to a circle. Completely randomly. I'm trying to work in a text document to highlight text. It's a series of professional documents that are just rows of text. Your product is completely unable to cope. I have no idea how these kinds of things get released onto the market. I know about the Ctrl key but seriously.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adobe Acrobat DC keeps turning off the shadows of my explorer windows. Changing the theme in Acrobat doesn't help.

Workaround if you encounter this problem:

1. Windows key + r
    2. Run: sysdm.cpl
    3. Advanced
    4. on Performance -> Settings
    5. Under Visual Effects tab -> Show shadows under windows -> Apply

Probably repeat after restarting Acrobat

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)