Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10536 results found

1. This is a bug report.

After a recent, involuntary update that occurred without my knowledge, I can no longer open PDFs with Adobe Acrobat DC (a product that is not listed in the product dropdown for bug reporting, by the way).

When I try to open a PDF file, it appears briefly and then a popup window overtakes it and requires me to sign in with an Adobe ID (which I do not have and do not wish to have).

There is no option to surpass the sign in and closing the window also closes the document I tried to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is a bug report.

After a recent, involuntary update that occurred without my knowledge, I can no longer open PDFs with Adobe Acrobat DC (a product that is not listed in the product dropdown for bug reporting, by the way).

When I try to open a PDF file, it appears briefly and then a popup window overtakes it and requires me to sign in with an Adobe ID (which I do not have and do not wish to have).

There is no option to surpass the sign in and closing the window also closes the document I tried to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We use Box Drive and Clio. When I try to save directly to these from Adobe Pro there's no option to sort the folders by Date Modified. I therefore have to scroll through 2k+ folders to get to my recent cases. I find this to be a ridiculous oversight that it isn't an option, when I was able to do it in the free "preview" version of Adobe on my Mac. This needs to be resolved ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View>Page Display > Enable scrolling. Make it easy to change the default for this OR even better please make enabled scrolling the default view. Who on this earth doesn't want to enable scrolling? Please tell me what kind of business person that is who likes the pages to keep jerking around as you get too close to the bottom of the screen when enabled scrolling is not enabled. Tell me! Probably seismologists.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When trying to save an edited .pdf, "the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder" error pop-up is presented. I am the only user with it open, I have made edits to the document (not read only) and, in several cases, I am the creator of the document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have a functionality till Acrobat DC October 2018 release which shows the page number when combining the PDF files on Page thumbnail. This feature was enhanced in such a way that now the users have to rollover the mouse to the document to see the number of pages. It would be great if we can have a separate column which shows the page numbers in such a way we can have both complete view of the document in Page thumbnail and the page number as well without rolling over the mouse cursor to PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sendmail doesn't recognize mail on Mac. Also tried using the webmail function and I get a error with it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Image pdf get started OCR mode automatically when we pick the Text tool (T) in the Acrobat DC, this OCR should be impact the original scanned pages, sometimes we unable to find out it had OCR when it is in the fit page view, because it is seems like as image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Image pdf get started OCR mode automatically when we pick the Text tool (T) in the Acrobat DC, this OCR should be impact the original scanned pages, sometimes we unable to find out it had OCR when it is in the fit page view, because it is seems like as image.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have spent about 8 hours remediated a form to make it accessible and now my final version (I have saved 14 versions during editing) will suddenly not allow me to edit the form fields or even enter the "Prepare form" tool. When I open this doc, I immediately get a message that "cannot reflow this page because it contains interactive annotations. I hit OK and then I try to enter form editing and get the "Cannot edit file as a form due to security settings". I didn't set any security limitations and when I try to open/edit security, it grayed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to disable thumbnails at startup and place flatten ability as a separate tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am currently trying to convert around 400 pdf documents to .txt files. In regular Acrobat Reader DC I can open multiple files but I cannot save them as .txt. Meanwhile I can save the PDFs as .txt files in Acrobat PRO DC but I can only do them 1 at a time. Am I missing a step or can PRO just not convert multiple files at a time?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to open another instance of an already opened file using Acrobat pro 2017. This version has tabbed display of files. I can open the next instance in another window, bot not in the same window under another tab. There is a work around to it in the forum discussion. https://forums.adobe.com/message/11222204
    But this is not an elegant method. I hope Adobe will provide the function that will allow it to be open in a new tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is javascript for this but you have to enter it individually for each field and it doesnt work for radio buttons. Please add this as a standard feature. The red boxes are confusing and misleading if a form has been properly filled in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Comment resize anchor points (the squares on the corners/edges) are too large - please allow option to change the size of the 'resize anchor points', similar to illustrator.
    See here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2515153

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Anonymous review (especially commenting) of PDF documents is an absolutely essential feature for academics. We are required to do anonymous peer reviews of manuscripts submitted for publication on a regular basis. This used to be simple, but is now impossible, unless one wishes to change each comment on a one-by-one basis. If you don't restore this basic functionality, you risk losing a huge group of users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Acrobat should ALWAYS have rulers up. It's too burried to click on it every time.
    Radio button should always come up as a group and
    there should be a way to alter the space in a field verticle.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I edit a PDF and copy text or change font, all the text gets scrambled into weird symbols

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If your Previous session had any PDF’s launched when it was last Closed, then there is a Menu item Under File→ Reopen PDFs from Last Session which will open the pdfs that were launched in your previous session before closing.

Attaching a snapshot to help you with.

Also there is a Preference unde Edit→Preferences→General which ould automatically open the PDFs from the last sesssion as you Open the Acrobat / Reader application. Here is more info on that : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Hope this resolves your concern ?

-Ayush Jain

20. Add authoring "modes" (desktop vs. mobile) to the JavaScript editor so that the syntax checker will alert the form author when JavaScript objects, properties, or methods in their code are not supported on Adobe viewers on mobile devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?