Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10661 results found

1. Anonymous review (especially commenting) of PDF documents is an absolutely essential feature for academics. We are required to do anonymous peer reviews of manuscripts submitted for publication on a regular basis. This used to be simple, but is now impossible, unless one wishes to change each comment on a one-by-one basis. If you don't restore this basic functionality, you risk losing a huge group of users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat should ALWAYS have rulers up. It's too burried to click on it every time.
    Radio button should always come up as a group and
    there should be a way to alter the space in a field verticle.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I edit a PDF and copy text or change font, all the text gets scrambled into weird symbols

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If your Previous session had any PDF’s launched when it was last Closed, then there is a Menu item Under File→ Reopen PDFs from Last Session which will open the pdfs that were launched in your previous session before closing.

Attaching a snapshot to help you with.

Also there is a Preference unde Edit→Preferences→General which ould automatically open the PDFs from the last sesssion as you Open the Acrobat / Reader application. Here is more info on that : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Hope this resolves your concern ?

-Ayush Jain

5. Add authoring "modes" (desktop vs. mobile) to the JavaScript editor so that the syntax checker will alert the form author when JavaScript objects, properties, or methods in their code are not supported on Adobe viewers on mobile devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to open a the same book twice , and that is to view different pages of the same book,
    it is helpful while studying a book and wanting to quick reread a paragraph from another chapter

trying to open the same pdf for the second time will only send me to the already open window of the same pdf

a side-feature,
    if you decide to add this feature
    sync-ing the pdf between both instances after editting would also be great

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. i want some transient bookmarks that doesn't get saved after i close the pdf

or another bookmark panel

When reading a study material, i often have to go back and forth between pages / chapters to reread an idea the go back to the page i was in

it becomes a hassle to look for the same spot i was reading

ofcourse i can bookmark the page i was in but i don't want to mess with the original bookmark or the pdf

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Acrobat DC is an absolute PITA to use. It has no UX continuity with the rest of the CC suite, the tools are allocated to the vaguest of places and the basic functionality that is regularly used, Marquee Zoom Tool especially, are relegated to the top menu when they should be in the header with the page controls. These are tools that are regularly used, unlike the '-' and '+' buttons and search tool that are in clear view.

It's a pointless, redundant redesign that causes more problems and waste of time than it actually serves. Bring back the layout…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrobat Pro DC crashes, then all Adobe products crash. Restart machine for it to work again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe Fill and Sign does not work. I attempted to create a document to be signed by a customer and after clicking on Specify where to Sign button it dumps everything I had just worked on! This happened twice. Very frustrating...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF - not to MS/Word or any other MS/Office product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Is this issue happening only with one PayPal transaction file or with other files as well?
    Can you please provide us the details of the following:
    1. Acrobat Version – Are you on reader or DC? Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen
    a. Go to help → About Acrobat … and take a screenshot
    2. Operating system (Mac/Win)
    3. Input PDF File
    4. Screenshot of the issue or any error you see while performing the Export operation.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Software Engineer
    Adobe Acrobat Team

12. When I click on any PDF it will not open. I have tried multiple documents. Adobe software is up to date.

I am on a mac using MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Adobe Pro 2017 is my software and info is below:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 17.11.30144.342517
    AGM: 4.30.89
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.44103

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The pdf to word conversion is not much superior compared to other sites such as ilovepdf.com. There are various spelling errors in conversion from pdf to doc (Mac User). Please improve this aspect. The OCR is also poor (take a cue from apps such as pen to print).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello, I recently installed the Acrobat Firefox add on. Here are the issues:

1. it takes an enormous amount of time for the conversion process to complete

2. As you will see in the attached screencast, the "open pdf in acrobat" option is turned off, yet acrobat application opens anyway. either way, you will see that i'm logged into the account and logged in to the document icloud.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Split a scanned PDF page in half (into two pages) would be great feature!

This feature can be included in the latest updates?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'll make this simple and plain. The pop ups make me want to NEVER sign up for Adobe

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I am using any software other than Illustrator, I cannot seem to publish a PDF smaller than 1 inch. I am working on labels and I have a label that is 5 inches wide by .85 inch high and the PostScript Custom Page Size Definition has a min of 1 inch by 1 inch. The only way for me to create this label was in Illustrator. I used BarTender to create barcode labels and publish them to PDF, but I can't publish this label. I don't understand why you would have a minimum publish size, especially if PDF's are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. At file access problems while open last session (2nd menu entry in file menu) acrobat shows an pop-up notice only telling there is a problem (s. attached image, German version) but not showing which file this error-pop-up belongs to.
    Hence, the user is less informed to look for the problem and probably open the file manually.
    In case of more then one file having an actual access problem a Summary and a "try again" option would be very helpful.
    Belongs to Acrobat Pro DC 2019.012.20035.4663.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Translation of the newly introduced function "open last session" in the actual (2019.012.20035.4663) German GUI is "PDFs auf letzter Sitzung öffnen" the better Translation would be "PDFs aus letzter Sitzung öffnen".
    You see the typo ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the latest Update for Acrobat, 19.012.20036, Distiller broke all our Workflows! Distiller renamed the Input and Output folders on our German MacOS Installation from "In" and "Out" to "Nach innen" and "Nach außen". It seems to get somehow translated automatically, since "In" and "Out" correspond to the translations the folders now have. The Problem ist, we are working with scripts to check those folders, and those are now not working anymore! This needs to be fixed ASAP! Also, the "ß" in the "Nach außen" is a big problem when working with network shares, as this is a special character…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?