Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Constant crashes since updating to MAC OS 10.13

Since upgrading my iMac to MAC OS 10.13 Adobe Acrobat DC has become horribly unstable. It crashes constantly, but inconsistently. Sometimes it crashes when it's just open and sitting in the background. Sometimes it crashes when I'm attempting to open a PDF. It crashes regularly when I'm attempting to edit a PDF into a form. I don't get any on screen feedback except the dialog boxes asking if I want to report the "unexpected quit" to Apple, and then Adobe. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to disable auto emails of sent documents.

Add option to disable auto email of sent documents. It is annoying to get 100's of unecessary emails if you don't need notification of sent docs..

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Seeing out-of-date PDF in Acrobat

If I update a PDF (Export from InDesign) on the server or the desktop, I use View After Exporting, and despite closing the PDF between updates Acrobat always and only shows the previous PDF - until I quit Acrobat. So I'm quitting and reopening Acrobat 20 or more times a day which is REALLY annoying. Only started happening with version 17.012.20095 on a Mac Pro running CS2015 onwards.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing Adobe Sign Documents Before anyone signs using Workflows

Editing Adobe Sign Documents Before anyone signs in Workflows. You need to allow people to edit email addresses, documents, etc before anyone signs just like you do in the Send tab but for Workflows.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Action Wizard to "Close" files

The feature was available on early versions which made batch processing easier. I believe it allowed the user to Execute a Menu Item. Please bring it back. The javascript work arounds all seem to have their own little issues.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export PDF as InDesign file

We often receive multi-page PDFs of publications initially created in InDesign with a request for updates. In order to make these updates flexibly, we would have to recreate the document indesign and then make the updates.

I seams reasonable to ask Adobe, to create a functionality, where one can convert or export PDF (generated from InDesign document) to .indd InDesign file format.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Roman Numerals (Page Labels) in headers

I would like the ability to add Roman Numerals in headers. Right now, adding a page number within the Headers and Footers dialog box does not allow me to use Roman Numerals (page labels).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We have logged a bug for this issue. We will update you, once the engineering team will prioritize the bug and fix it.
    Thanks.

8. Password Authentication for Adobe Sign

Adobe Sign has a major flaw. The product allows you select Password Authentication to require signers to enter a password before signing, but once signed, the signer no longer has to enter a password to access the signed document. This is a major security flaw. If I am having a signer sign something with personal identifiable information, the signer should have to enter a password both when they sign the document and attempt to view it later. This seems like a very easy addition for Adobe to make and would substantially improve the security of the signing process. Please contact…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Editing Arabic text in pdf leads to corrupted pdf

We discovered a word that need to be replaced during our final pdf output from Framemaker so we edited the pdf. Once we copied the Arabic word from our excel spread sheet the entire book became corrupted by scrambling letters, changing font appearances and reversing parenthesis and other characters. Need this fixed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Acrobat Reader for Linux

Linux users are in dire need of a PDF reader and editor ever since Adobe discontinued the Adobe Reader (version 9.x) for Linux!

None of the currently available (free or proprietary) PDF readers for Linux has proper support for annotating and commenting PDF files. Filling forms and signing documents is also only rudimentary supported by some of the currently available PDF readers for Linux.

Thus, this is a request to revive Linux support for the latest Adobe Reader as well as the full Adobe Acrobat suite.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Maximum font size setting for form fill

Allow the setting of maximum font size for a field when creating a fillable form. This will prevent huge text in a field if there is a small amount of text but would still allow text to reduce in size automatically to fit within the field if needed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Highlighter

Make Highlighter tool more versitile.
    Different colors, transparancy levels, and .pt sizes please!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. new update makes work inefficient

This recent update is extremely frustrating. It dropped off tools that were in my toolbar previously (page view/zoom options disappeared) and I had to figure out how to get them back.

Not only is the comments bar is now uglier/bulkier, when you have sorted comments to not include ones marked as completed it no longer dynamically removes the comments you mark as you go. You now have to go back and clear your comment filter and reapply "none" to hide completed comments.

To add insult to injury, there is no longer an option for other versions in ACC, so I…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow One Button Scanning

Please create a shortcut that would allow the creation of a scanned document. Too many clicks to create pdf from scan. Your attitude seems to be the more clicks the better.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi Robert,
    Thanks for reporting your concern. We will forward this request to the engineering team.
    We would keep track of this request and keep you updated with the status of the request.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

15. Cannot set select tool as default instead of hand tool

I'm trying to make the select tool the default when Acrobat opens instead of the hand tool.

I was running Acrobat DC fine with the select tool as the default on Windows 7. I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and now I'm having trouble. Same version of Acrobat, just a new operating system.

I've tried almost everything mentioned in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179758

The one thing I couldn't try was the scrubbing tool, because I have Creative Cloud. I did uninstall and reinstall Acrobat. It didn't work. Then I tried the "Repair Installation" option in the Acrobat help…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Import files or folders to Document Cloud

It would be nice if I can import pdf files from various folders or folder on my desktop to the cloud without opening and saving each file individually. Also, a security feature at folder level would be an advantage.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing your feedback. We will inform the engineering team about it and will let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

17. New Feature - Adobe Sign | Comment Field for Signer/Approver

Comment field for signer/approver and/or email button attached to document to email comment or questions regarding received document.

In some cases, the signer or approver may have questions about the document prior to signing it. Instead of having to deny the document, the signer/approver should be able to submit a comment when signing or submit a question to the sender prior to signing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Measure - Feet & Inches

Measurement tool provides measurements in feet and decimals. American metrics are feet and inches, decimals need to be converted to be understood by the end user.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pen and touch input defferenciation

There is no differentiation between ben and finger touch input und windows tablet pcs. I'd like to hightlight, write etc with the pen and move the page withmy fingers without selecting the "move" tool every time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. shrink or resize the print dialog box, and make it scrollwheel responsive

Needless to say, I print a lot from Acrobat. It bugs me constantly that when the print dialog comes up, it's too big to fit entirely on the screen. The actual "print" button is off screen on the bottom, and requires scrolling down to be able to click it. That should not be the case. Even more annoying is the fact that the dialog itself, although it has a scroll bar, is not responsive to my scrollwheel mouse. It absolutely should be.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it as bug in our database.

Best Regards!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base