Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. How do you hide the 'comment list"? It pops up every time I try to make something and it doesn't automatically adjust the document and takes up so much of the screen. Very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes I already have an underlying form in use (one that has check boxes) that I want to make fillable. Since the form already has check boxes, when I add a check box using Prepare Form, the borders can look chunky if I don't get the edges perfectly aligned. Making the fill and line transparent will still fill my underlying check box (part of the form design) but won't try to add a new box overlay.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Thank you for reporting the issue with us.
    Could you please share a screenshot of the issue you are observing.
    And if you can share the sample PDF for us to debug further.

3. WTF . . . what happened to the "save as" feature in my Acrobat DC program????

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please provide a detailed description of your issue faced along with the steps to reproduce the same.

Please also share the acrobat version and OS you are using.

4. DUPLICATE SUBMISSION WITH ATTACHMENT EXAMPLES
    The Acrobat Reader DC basic version has a very helpful "Save as" function where it brings up a user friendly window with 4-5 recently used folders, as well as the option to then browse further for another folder if needed. the Adobe Acrobat DC PRO version has a very different, very limited "save as" usability, where it defaults to a temp internet folder (that i cannot even find), which i will almost certainly never use as well. As far as i can tell there is no way to set a different default save as location…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If you wish to see the Save As dialog in Acrobat as per the “Save as ok” image shared by you, Kindly do as follows.
    1) Open Acrobat → Edit → Preferences → General
    2) Select the Checkbox “Show online storage when Saving files”

Try to Save as any pdf and check that you’ll see this dialog.
    Let me know if that solves your concern.

Also please let me know the current version of Acrobat DC that you are using.

-Ayush Jain

5. Document made in Acrobat Pro DC 2018 and sent for review.
    Came back with multiple comments. Those of them that got fixed got marked. Then I could come back later and show only unmarked comments. It works just fine in 2018 version. But with New Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 it does not work. As soon as i click on the filter button to sort the comments the whole Acrobat gets jammed. I have tried several times, also restarted computer. So there must be something wrong here.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We have tried at our end to reproduce the issue but we are unable to do so.
    Can you provide the review link of the review file or a local copy of the review file with all the comments to investigate further ?

6. Stop asking me to sign in!
    I Should just be able to use the product i paid for without the annoying sign in prompt every time I open a document

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is a new problem with the toolbar, whereby page controls that were previously present are now hidden. The file tools occupy the same amount of space regardless of how many commands are contained within that space. Please fix this bug. Commands like 'fit one full page to a window' are no longer visible unless you un-dock the page controls from the toolbar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After clicking on send button it says I need to be connected to the internet. I have shut down and restarted everything. Our IT department looked at it and says our settings are all correct and that it looks like it is on the Adobe end.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new update is HORRIBLE!!! I send paystubs to our employees using tracking and it is taking way longer and freezing up all the time!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I edit a document, I do not necessarily want to edit existing text. I do not want Acrobat to do an OCR process on the document and create uncountable text boxes (that can easily be messed up), when all I wanted to do was either crop the image or add a text box. Please allow the OCR conversion to be toggled off.
    Also when scanning, if you go into an option like increase resolution, all of the changes (like selection of document size) made on the previous screen are lost and have to be entered again Too time consuming!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PDF's when opened will sometimes crash the whole Adobe Acrobat Pro program. They open afterward, but the event viewer shows a fatal error of some kind. I copied four of these into the attached text document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Thank you for reporting the issue. We regret you facing inconvenience.

We would need more details on steps to reproduce the issue. And do you experience it on Win or MAC or both.

Share the version of acrobat you are using. You can do so using the link -https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

And also share the test PDF file using forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161 for us to investigate further.

-Bhavna

12. Printing only 50 page restriction is impacting our Disclosure team as their documents are sometimes 350 pages. So please consider increasing it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm getting errors when reading PDFs. All different sizes, all different sources.

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (109)."

"A number is out of range."

"There was an error while reading a stream."

"Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading."

"Out of memory."

It's a brand new Windows 10 machine with 8GB of RAM. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. How do I fix this issue? The program is essentially unusable at this point.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This has been reported on another thread and marked as solved - it isn't. I have just purchased a copy of Acrobat Pro and am unable to edit .pdf's, which is precisiely why I bought it. The subscription simply isn't worth the money without this capability.

I have noticed some suggested solutions but these are highly technical and not something I would have access to do at work.

Could a solution be suggested - fast - as it seems as though this is quite a common error?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How do I upload Open Sans Light Font into my Adobe Acrobat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I paid $190 (inc. tax) on June 26 for Acrobat Pro DC - yet every time I open Acrobat, there's a little circle in the lower left hand corner saying "subscription expired" with a "buy" button beneath it - I want to know I have what I paid for!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When zooming with the scroll wheel, Acrobat freezes and I get a spinning beach ball. The files I am working with are not large, but they do consist of lots of lines/content streams sometimes. If anyone can offer support for this, it would be greatly appreciated. I encounter this issue multiple times a day and it appears to happen only if I am trying to zoom with the wheel right after it opens and Acrobat is still trying to load the creative cloud profile, or when I have been working in the file for a period of time and try…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

18. Select Acrobat DC Preferences>General>Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer. Tick the box to choose this option, close preferences, then reopen it to discover Acrobat DC has unchecked it. Must generate hours of laughs around Adobe's watercooler. Using Windows 10.

Much has been written many many forums a fountain of sorrow from other users feeling the same pain. Please, guys. Fix it?

Your response team gives us a non-working solution, telling us to increase the size of thumbnails in Explorer to a point where content can be seen, but those thumbs are already being displayed at maximum size in Windows…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    We tried the scenario and it is working fine at our end.

Kindly share with us the acrobat version that you are using.

19. In Acrobat XI on Windows I save as the file to create another same file. But the text in the creating file has been modified.
    Steps to eproduce:
    1. Open the Demo File.pdf and click "Save As" in File tab.
    2. Give a name and save it somewhere.
    3. Reopen the new file you will easily find it is not the same as Demo File.pdf

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like the option to crop multiple pages in one go instead of individually. e.g. Document with non-print marks. Instead of creating separate PDF with InDesign or other desktop publisher, I'd like to crop all the pages in one go.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?