Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use printer default setting for double-sided printing

Currently Adobe Acrobat DC does not recognise if the default printer setting on my mac has been set to duplex. There is a work around. By pressing the printer button and selecting 'duplex' from the print dialogue box that is revealed, pdfs can be printed double sided (DC warns against doing this by the way). The trouble is that it is easy to forget to follow this process, particularly when I am in a hurry, with the result that pdfs, in my case often 20 or 30 pages documents, are printed single sided. This wastes paper, is environmentally unfriendly and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk Changing of Font Color in Acrobat Pro XI and DC

As also expressed in a bug report related to the changing of font colors within a PDF file, I would like to see Acrobat Pro XI and DC have the ability to change the font color of all pages - or a specified range of pages - within a given document, in one pass. Right now this process must be laboriously applied, one page at a time.

This feature would be analogous to the Crop Tool, for instance, which does provide the ability to apply itself to all or to a range of pages within the specified file.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Out of Memory Error/Draw Error

I am running Adobe Acrobat DC on a Windows 7 machine with 16GB of RAM and an NVidia NVS 310 Graphics Card. I have no issues regarding visual display or memory with other software. When running Adobe Acrobat DC, I frequently encounter issues where the file/program crashes, giving an error that it is Out of Memory or encountering a Draw Error. This has happened while reading multiple different PDF files, usually after I have been scrolling through the file for a short time. Usually, when this message occurs the page displays as a blank white page, and if I continue…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show the total number of files in a PDF portfolio.

In Adobe X the total number of files was shown on the PDF portfolio. Please include this feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for the Data URL scheme

Currently, embedded links which use the Data URL schema are blocked by Adobe Acrobat even when adjusting security settings. Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to support reading these links as they're simply opened in a browser, but we need Acrobat to stop blocking these links. I've attached an example PDF with an embedded data url.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please restore the option to share multiple files

Please the option to share multiple files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why is there an Edit Text & Images tool in Prepare Form?

In Prepare Form, why can't I use the Select Object Tool to select multiple fields with a marquee anymore? I've always used it in the past but every time I use it now, it automatically switches to Edit Text & Images, which I don't want it to do. This change supposed to be an "improvement" in the most recent update of Acrobat DC, but it has made my job both harder and take longer. Evidently, there's no way turn off Edit Text & Images when you're in Prepare Form, so you're just stuck editing fields without using a marquee to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share/Track more than one file at a time

Return the ability to share/track more than one file at a time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Acrobat removed "Add files" option to the Share feature.

You need to add that back ASAP. As it is now, you can only share ONE file at a time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Consistency Placing Stamps and Signatures

Hello, I've already had a conversations with one of your representatives, Tanvi Bhalla. She suggested I go this route. If at all possible we would utilize a feature that allows consistency in the placement of signatures and stamps. While the grid feature does help, it is not consistent. We use documents that require signatures and stamps in the same exact locations. It would be beneficial if this could be done electronically and documents look more professional if they are consistent. Maybe a function that allows you to snap to the exact same coordinates every time. I see that there is…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. import-export option in acrobat to translate files using xliff or xml

We are looking for years a way to export an xliff or intermediate file like XML from adobe acrobat, translate it and import it back.

Could you add an option like this in future releases?

Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filter by unchecked should be a default filter

Seriously, the new Acrobat design hides the checked/unchecked options from the Comment filter until you check one. Also, to check a comment you have to right-click it now where in previous versions of Acrobat it was an actual checkbox you clicked. Just put it back the way it was Adobe!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Revert sharing emails back to old way

Please change the way we share PDFs through email back to the way you have before, or have it be the default to share over email. I'm not loving the toolbar that pops up because it adds another step to the sharing process.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reverse Page order

My problem is I audit large documents, usually multiple page documents scanned in pdf files. I often find the documents have been scanned in the wrong order ie last page first. Companies employ cheap labour and they do not care of the page order when they are scanning the document or they put it throughs the scanner the wrong way.
    A useful feature would be to have a way to reverse the order of the pages or of a number of pages very simply.
    It appears to be a common problem but I see people talking about writing scripts. I…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Highlight color

I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Highlighter

Make Highlighter tool more versitile.
    Different colors, transparancy levels, and .pt sizes please!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to turn off AcroTray notification sound when PDF printing

When printing to PDF, a sound is made when the AcroTray notification pops up stating the PDF has been created. This is extremely annoying to myself and my co-workers and there is no option to turn off the sound. I print to PDF continually throughout the day and there must be some way, other than turning off all notification sounds on my computer, to stop this annoying feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New E-Signature Format

Recent changes have altered the format completely. We loved the old format and now it appears "messy" and more complicated. Would like it to go back to the way it was.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Comment Tools / Custom Tools

I would like to be able to lock the Comment Tools and/or my personal Custom Tools to the top of the Toolbar so they automatically show up each time you open a .pdf file. I use the Comment Tools quite frequently and it would make it much easier if I don't have to add them each time I open a .pdf file. Also, it seems strange my personal Custom Tools show up on the right side of the file. I would think they would show up on the top Toolbar.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base