Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug? Acrobat doesn't support .ai files in Combine feature on PC but does on MAC.

I'm on MAC and I'm used to seamlessly combining .ai files into a .pdf easily with the Combine feature in Acrobat. Some of my peers would benefit from this greatly also but they are on PC and it appears on PC Acrobat can open and view .ai files but it will not acknowledge .ai files in the Combine feature. This feels like an oversight or bug since it clearly works fine on MAC. Can we please have equal support for this on PC as well? It makes it much easier for creatives to work smoothly with other areas of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for your feature request.
      I am not sure how you are able to combine .ai files on Mac using Acrobat as we do not have this support neither for Windows nor for Mac for .ai files.
      However, we have taken your feature request. It is under review.

Thanks
      Tanvi

• I PAY $190.68 YEARLY AND CANNOT OPEN MORE THAN DOCUMENT WITHOUT ADOBE CRASHING! This sucks.

Seriously, Adobe, why don't you work on your product stability? I bought my Acrobat DC subscription a few years ago and never questioned it until this point. Now, since Windows Creators Update, I've been toying with using Edge for my PDF purposes. So far, it's been better than my Adobe experience. In Acrobat Pro DC, when I need to EDIT/compare a document, I cannot open more than one PDF file at a time without the software crashing. Furthermore, it won't even provide the name of the document I'm working on in my TAB. See attached screenshot as evidence.

Our company's…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • BUG: cannot open PDF

Myself and a coworker cannot open a PDF with sharing/commenting capabilities. Acrobat DC Pro will open, but once I select a file, the program closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The PDF will open in Preview.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Checked box not showing up in Adobe Sign

This is a bug. I'm checking a check box on a W9 in Acrobat but when I go to "Sign". I want to check the box before it goes to the signer but the check mark does not show up. I don't want the signer to check the box.
          i get amessage in Acrobat Pro that I need yet another application to make a text edit so I can get this document out, which is not quite time sensitive.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Crash on deleting pages from document in portfolio

Acrobat frequently crashes on trying to delete pages from a document that is part of a Portfolio.
            Mac 10.13.3
            Submitted crash report.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting the issue.
              As the issue is not reproducible in-house, please provide below information:
              1.Request you to share the Acrobat version you are using.
              2.Elaborate step you follow which causes Acrobat to crash.

Thanks,

• twice received virus with adobe

twice I received an offer from Adobe in the last 4 days to download their software followed immediately by a warning that a severe virus had infected my computer. it's a trojan of some kind.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • PLEASE SOLVE ....'SAVE AS..FAILED TO PROCESS THIS DOCUMENT...I have spent over 2 hours trying to Export PDF to MS Word.....just does not wo

Please solve ...'Save As...failed to process this document...No file was created'..........I am using latest 7 Day Trial Version.......I have spent 2 hours trying to Export PDFs......I don't trust other online offers....so stuck with Adobe..... and DC

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please elaborate what issue you are facing ?
                    For better clarity, please include : Problem statement, reproducible steps, Acrobat build# that you are using and the pdf files.

Regards,
                    Adobe Acrobat Team

• WEBSITE NOT WORKING ACROSS ADOBE (Stock links broken, website glitches, no option to submit bug not associated with adobe product)

This is not directly associated with Adobe Reader. There are no options to submit any issues that aren't associated with specific products.

ADOBE STOCK NOT WORKINg
                    when you search for a template, you can view options, but none of the links work on the page (can't preview template, can't open template, can't save to library, can't download, can't do anything)

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Text Box (not font) is black

When I click on a field to populate, the text box becomes black. Therefore I cannot see what I type in the field. How do I change this?! I need to complete a document as soon as possible, and this issue is holding me up. Thanks.

I have Adobe Acrobat DC

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting the issue. We regret you facing inconvenience.

Can you please try delete the existing field and create a new one? Do you still face the issue?

Please share the version of acrobat you are using. You can do so using the link -https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

And also share the test PDF file using https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161 for us to investigate further.

-Bhavna

• 1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Turn off the go-to-web-first stuff. I only need access to local drive. Slow internet service makes me despise paying for this service.

Acrobat DC performance is *glacial* in comparison to any other way to make or modify PDF.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug viewing PDF files which contain a .notdef glyph

When viewing PDF file containing .notdef glyph for a type 3 font, Acrobat displays incorrect output. Other viewers, such as Chrome, display the file correctly. Attached is an example of such file.

Using latest Acrobat PRO DC on windows 7 32 bit.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shared file notifications showing when someone is already editing a document

I am needing a way to have a notification pop up upon entering a document letting me know if someone is already in the pdf and editing. As it stands now, the only notification you get is when you are finished editing and ready to save. At this point neither individuals can save their changes unless someone closes out without saving changes to allow the other to save.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Boomark/Page Thumbanails

Can we make it possible to be able to view bookmarks and page thumbnails simultaneously? My department is now using Adobe to aid switching to electronic filing. This would be a huge time saver!

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Adobe Sign Multiple Field Reassignment en masse

Adobe Sign should allow you to reassign multiple fields at once. As it is now, it automatically imports fields on a form assigned to "Anyone". In order to reassign the fields to a specific person or to "Prefill" before sending, you must go field by field and change each one. Being able to reassign en masse would be a huge time saver. Also, other options like marking fields as required en masse would help as well.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Compare two PDF's by content alone. Ignore page order

Hi,

It'd be nice if there's an option that let's us compare the two files even when the page orders of the 2nd pdf does NOT match with the 1st.

Eg: PDF 1 : Page 1 : 'First alphabets' "a,b,c,b,d,e"
                                    Page 2: 'Next alphabets' "f,g,h,i,j"

PDF 2: Page 1 : 'Next alphabets' "f,g,h,i,j"
                                    Page 2 : 'First alphabets' "a,b,c,d,e"

This options can let us know that the page orders are different but the content matches 100%.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Auto rearrange pages

Say I have two PDFs with same/almost same content. The 2nd PDF is the revised one but page orders are different due to some reason. Now, if there was an option that compares the two files and rearranges the 2nd PDF's pages exactly like the 1st by comparing titles or line by line content, then I don't have to manually arrange it. It makes it easier to review.

>> Scenario 1 :
                                      If the 2nd PDF has 'more' pages than the 1st (the content doesn't exist in 1st), then all pages but these extra pages should be rearranged and these…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• acrobat 2016 crashes after scanning, in particular when the scan settings are changed.

acrobat 2016 crashes immediately during the screen asking for more pages to scan
                                        i use windows 7 pro on a dell vostro with 8 gb memory and an epson s60 scanner

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Please provide some information to help us understand the issue.
                                          - Does it crash everytime scan mpre pages comes?
                                          - Uncheck “Scan more pages” option and select “Front side” and see if it still crash.
                                          Also share
                                          - Scan settings
                                          - Scanner driver details
                                          - Crash logs.

To create crash logs please follow these steps.
                                          1. Create c:\temp\
                                          2. Download and extract http://download.sysinternals.com/files/Procdump.zip into c:\temp.
                                          3. Make sure no Acrobat instances are already running — check via Task Manager.
                                          4. Launch Acrobat
                                          5. Launch CMD prompt and type “cd c:\temp”
                                          6. On the command-prompt type: “procdump -e -ma Acrobat.exe c:\temp\01.dmp”. Procdump will now wait for the crash to happen.
                                          7. Perform the actions in Acrobat that cause it to crash.
                                          8. Procdump will have created c:\temp\01.dmp.

• Bug report: More Tools and accessibility improvements do not appear in Acrobat DC continuous

My DC continuous license and Acrobat program are up-to-date according to the Creative Cloud app, but I don't see the "More Tools" option in the tools panel or any of the accessibility changes as described in the Acrobat New features summary for February.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.

Can you please let me know the Exact version number of Adobe Acrobat DC that you are working on ?

-Thanks
                                            Ayush

• Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base