Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10652 results found

1. On Adobe Acrobat Pro (32-bit; version 2023.001.20143) I'm trying to combine 3 documents. I used this feature last week with no issues. I used this feature today and the software only converted the first documents to a PDF and stopped.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The floating toolbar is ALWAYS in the way. Users should be able to hide or at least MOVE and CHANGE Orientation. For example, documents converted from powerpoint to pdf. I need the entire horizontal field to view, not the top or bottom. I should be able to move the toolbar there. Or just stick those functions on the right hand toolbar, there is a lot of empty space. By the way, I have a Mac and F8 doesn't work to hide the toolbar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. (Using Acrobat DC on a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.6.3), Continuous Release 2023.001.20143)

I annotate PDF page proofs constantly. Just recently the Text Callout box started not updating in real time as it's being edited. The revised text appears after cmd-S Save, but doesn't appear while being edited. This happens when editing an existing Text Callout box, and also when adding to a new one that appears below (rather than above) the text being pointed at

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why is my PC (RTX 3080/Ryzen 5800X) able to run Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign simultaneously without a hiccup. But the minute I open Acrobat Pro (64-bit) it begins to stutter and lag. For example, I close everything on my PC, open a PDF file, try to resize the window, and I have to wait 2-3 seconds for the window resize animation to occur. This animation is fluid for all my other Adobe applications, so why does it only happen with Acrobat Pro? Please, please, PLEASE give Acrobat Pro a stability/performance update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After placing a drawn signature using the "Fill & Sign" Tool on a PDF prepared with form fields, you are unable to move the signature box or delete it using the "Trash can" above the signature box.

Issue can be bypassed by closing the Fill & Sign tool and reopening it.

I cannot identify any document properties that might be causing this, when compared to a blank PDF there are no differing properties; however, when using the Fill & Sign on a blank PDF I get more options on the tool bar, when using Fill & Sign on the document…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I open a PDF through the File Explorer (File library) and still have the file chosen in File Explorer (Highlighted in Explorer) it is not possible to save the file after commenting or editing. (another user may have the file open ...)
    Please make it possible to save a PDF even if it is highlighted in File Explorer, since this a normal way of working with PDFs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have documents with sensitive information that need signature. I do not want the signed document to be sent to the receiver once it is signed because I do not want their sensitive information sitting in their email for potential hackers. Why does this take a support call to have you disable the feature from the backend? This should be a preference for the users in their account settings.

Secondly, I still want a copy of the signed document with the audit report as the last page. Yet, once this feature is disabled, I can no longer receive a copy.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Does the 2-device maximum make any sense for Federated IDs? People aren't going to be sharing Federated IDs at an enterprise level in order to circumvent paying adobe licenses. These accounts are tied to PC logins, emails, file access, etc. and are protected by 2fa basically everywhere. People get fired for sharing their credentials. It's silly to still have a 2 device limit at the enterprise level when every other software vendor in the space allows 5-10, often with an additional 5-10 for mobile devices.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We live in the future now. the 90's were more than 20 years ago. I am uninstalling your product & using someone else's because you couldn't be bothered to provide basic accessibility. Nobody needs to ruin there eyesight for Adobe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using PDF Maker to export a tagged, accessible PDF from MS Office applications, use the Caption paragraph style to identify and create the <Caption> tag in the PDF.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I often highlight and add text to PDFs. The current workflow is cumbersome, especially when I need to switch from one feature to other.

Given that it's a premium product, I find that there are just so many unnecessary toolbar options visible while the tools I need often require multiple clicks and cumbersome navigation.

I often find myself hiding all toolbars left, top and right. Worst part is app doesn't remember my settings so I have to hide these toolbars everytime.

Would be nice to have a student mode which provides a light mode version, allowing highlighting and adding/deleting text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add the ability to import a list of contacts when using the "Send in Bulk" feature. Also, more than 50x at a time would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The latest 64bit version of Acrobat Reader is very slow on a larger file (13MB, 2800 pages of primarily text).
    Specifically version 2023.001.20064 64 bit.
    Loading takes at least a minute. Opening the comments panel requires 30sec.

Moving by clicking a Bookmark is fast after everything loads. I have plenty of memory, 64GB vs 8GB used.

Testing finds the slowdown occurs after comments have been added. And I mean only 2 comments. Even after the slow load, it requires 18sec to jump between the pages with the comments. In contrast, FoxIt Reader, is functionally instantaneous.

Acrobat Reader is unusable in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I get constant reminders of new features when I open PDFs. I don't want constant reminders. Just once at most.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New toolbar overlapping a ruler.
    It should adjust screen position automatically to avoid covering other interface elements.
    Give us option to move that floating toolbar too and also possibility to change default buttons position.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BUG: In the convenient user-friendly previous version of Acrobat, a user could turn on the highlighter and then double click on a word or triple click on a paragraph to select, then move to the next segment to highlight.

In the current please, for God's sake roll it back, version of Acrobat, when trying to highlight by a double, a popup with a bubble, color chooser, and trash icon pops up before it's possible to double click on the word. It's impossible to dump the popup of useless tools to mark the word. ESC does not work, clicking around it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating a PDF from MS Word, the table's Alt-Text is not sent along.

Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2211 Build 16.0.15831.20220) 32-bit

Adobe Version 22.003.20310.0

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Admin Console missing KEY Admin feature, reset a user's password. I am going to flood these forums once an hour every day until I get some to respond to why. Security reasons is not acceptable, I am the admin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Even if a single document is open in New Acrobat Pro the file name is displayed as trimmed. This is totally unacceptable in workflows where file names carry important information and must be inspected together with visual PDF information. This simple interface change makes Acrobat useless in prepress work, please fix this or provide a solution in settings.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro for mac version 2022.003.20314.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Case # E-000820640
    I am looking for a true "blank" option in a dropdown list with properties that pass a "null" value in Acrobat Pro.

The blank should be filed as a label but should not show as an option in the dropdown.
    I do not want to use a spacebar because it creates a blank option in the dropdown menu which means it’s technically not “null” or empty.
    This can already be done in Microsoft Excel, but Acrobat does not recognize this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?