Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HELP ME RESTORE ADOBE WRITER

I had pdf writer installed on my Mac when it died. I tried bringing it to this new machine from my backup disk and it now wants me to buy some adobe cloud. Been on the phone on hold for hours, been on chat for hours, frankly the customer service is horrible or non-existent. Please help men get back up and running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create PDF from scanner menu item doesn't work in OS X

When attempting to scan a document to a new PDF the menu item for File --> Create --> PDF from Scanner does nothing after scanning and closing out of a previously opened PDF. You have to close Adobe Pro DC totally and re-open it in order to scan.

Mac OS X 10.13.3
    Adobe - 2018.009.20050

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I SPENT TWO DAYS SCANNING TWO VERY LARGE FILES INTO THE COMPUTER, NOW IM GETTNG AN ERROR SAYING THAT THE FILES COULD NOT BE OPENED OR REPAIR

I SCANNED A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF PAPERWORK APPROXIMATELY 400 PAGES INTO MY COMPUTER YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND NOW I CANNOT OPEN THE ITEMS (2) WARNING SAYS "ERROR CANNOT OPEN FILES DAMAGED AND CANNOT BE REPAIRED" WHAT CAN I DO? IS THERE A WAY I CAN RETRIEVE MY WORK AND POSSIBLE BREAK IT DOWN INTO SMALLER SEGMENTS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We need some information to understand and resolve this issue:
    - Acrobat version
    - Scanner details
    - Scan settings
    - Number of pages scan
    - Does it happen for small files also or only for these bulk scanned files.

Thanks.

4. Allow selecting sheets I want when combining macro enabled excel sheets

Allow users to select which sheets they need when combining macro enabled excel sheets like it does when combining non macro enabled excel sheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We have logged a feature request for this issue. While we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

With Best Regards!

5. Partial drop down search giving unexpected results in DC

I have been discussing an issue on this thread in the support forum: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2445804

I will outline the issue below again, however.

I have a drop down that is being populated dynamically: https://i.imgur.com/QKohGq5.png

Users have the ability to do a partial search of the drop down, to filter down to what they're looking to find: https://i.imgur.com/S0P3T17.png

However, when selecting one of the options from within the remaining options available, the results are not always as intended. In this case, I will search "Adult B" to choose Adult Brass Dragon. When selecting Adult Brass Dragon, the following script is enacted via…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Crop Multiple Pages

I'd like the option to crop multiple pages in one go instead of individually. e.g. Document with non-print marks. Instead of creating separate PDF with InDesign or other desktop publisher, I'd like to crop all the pages in one go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a feature in Acrobat that will allow edits in PDFs made by other applications

Create a feature in Acrobat that will allow edits in PDFs made by other applications (e.g. illustrator).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. convert fonts to outlines as a simple function

dear, it is very frustrating to have to convert fonts to outlines through the process of placing watermark and flattening transparency.
    don't you want to add a simple function for converting fonts to outlines?
    thank you very much

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: When I go to edit PDF and add web links to a full paged image, the image tilts.

Bug: When I go to edit PDF and add web links to a full paged image, the image tilts and causes a white line to appear in the bottom right of the page where the image is no longer covering due to the tilt. Also the entire image will look crooked at this point too. I have to go to Edit > Undo to make it go back. This is weird and very annoying and happens every time I use Edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. my email account is wrong in this how to fix it please

my email account is nit right how can I change it on this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. scan bug multiple pages adobe pro freezes

When scanning multiple pages to make a new PDF the program freezes. It uses the default scanner driver and can not change the driver

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the issue you are facing.
    Please try some troubleshooting options available in the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html. Please install latest update of Acrobat and see if the issue is still reproducible.
    Also, can you please provide some information to help us understand and resolve the issue ASAP:

Acrobat version you are using
    OS detail
    Scanner details(like scanner model number)
    Scanner driver you are using

Thanks.

12. For Vip / Teams it would be helpful to have a Standard DC installer

Instead of having to install pro and having it downgrade when you login with your Standard license. It would make the process much smoother for Corporate end users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: Can not select a color patch to change text color.

While editing text in a .pdf I try to change the texts color by bringing up the color picker. When I try to change the color by clicking on a color patch nothing happens. I end up using the eye dropper to select a new color.
    This problem started after I upgraded my computer to the new iMac Pro.
    See the attached .png & .jpeg files showing my configuration and the color picker window that I was using.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the issue.
    As a workaround, after clicking on the color patch, you can press enter/return or spacebar to select the color.
    Let us know if it helps.

14. Adobe Sign no longer remembers emails or offers them in type ahead

Adobe Sign no longer remembers emails or offers them in type ahead. Should link to your contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. email is incorrect for sign in

I was attempted to use the feature fill and sign and I put the incorrect email. How do I change?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Error

Hi!

There is a bug on your log-in page.

Here is the video link that recorded it:

https://admin.qa-recorder.com/r/ccbcb5c3-1bd6-413f-8ff9-d4660695e312

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Network License Management Tool

Hello Adobe Company,

We've been your customer for 10 years. We have about 400 users that have a lot PDF requirement of use but not frequently. So, we worked with Adobe supporter to deploy Acrobat to our server for user working with PDF in order.
    However, Adobe suppoter confirmed that Adobe company hasn't had any solution for license management which control users using license at a point time or kick someone who forget exiting Acrobat after using.
    So i hope Adobe company can develop this solution it's very very important with a company has >400 users like us that the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to flip a pdf horizontally or vertically

I would like to be able to flip scanned pdf floor plan drawings horizontally or vertically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Did you mean flip or rotate?

To rotate:
    Go to Organize Pages. Select the required pages. Click on one of the rotate icons on the above toolbar.
    OR
    Right click on the Left bar. Select Page Thumbnails. Now Right click on any page thumbnail and select Rotate Pages.

To flip:
    Go to Edit PDF. Right click on the image that you want to flip and select Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
    Note: You would need to uncheck the Recognize text checkbox (present in the right hand pane) when you open Edit PDF for the first time.

Let us know if that helps.

19. To have the option to turn off messages when I add/or place a signature

To have the option to turn off messages when I add/or place a signature, really annoying. Otherwise, I like the product, I use it everyday

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. batch rename form field based on selected form fields

batch rename form field based on selected fields so that a simple Javascript can hide or Show them based on the simple syntax of the Field name.
    How to implement it:
    1. Select form fields in overview panel
    2. Right-click Batch rename selected form fields…
    3. Done and great for javascritping with ease.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base