Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Leanguage

Please do it for Polish users in Polish program

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Advanced Print Options Do Not Save Correctly in Custom Profiles

In Acrobat XI Pro and Acrobat DC, when using the Advanced settings in Print, items such as Screening do not actually persist with saved custom profiles. If you select settings and save it under a new profile, switch to another and then view the profile where you had the desired settings, the settings will be found to never have saved in the first place.

Additionally there is no way to save these custom profiles as a default.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have added it as a bug in our database.

Best Regards!

• allow

Allow to insert from Clipboard into a open PDF that is currently being used. Only work around is multiple document merge.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Portfolio layout macro

I have several potfolio with simial structure. Each time I open them I want a view with a vertical split in the window and the source folder added to the file deails pane. Not a big deal but adds up to some time. I have not been successful in finding a custom layout which provides this - they seem to be a daunting subject.. So my question is would it be possinle to write a macro I could run on opening the layout and where could I find hints/advice on how to write such a macro.
          Thank you for any…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Compare Documents function not catching noticeable document changes

Bug report: Acrobat Pro Compare documents is missing noticeable changes from the old document to new document using the "Reports, spreadsheets, magazine layouts" option.

Can be reproduced by using the Compare Documents feature and comparing an older document to a newer document.

Version: 2015 Release (Classic) 2015.006.30355

Expected Result: Compare documents feature should catch noticeable changes in the document from the old document to new document.

I attached a screenshot of an area missed by the compare feature (highlighted in red circle), if needed I can provide the 2 documents used to compare.…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • How to show CSS gradient background from HTML to PDF using Acrobat?

We want to create a PDF file from local HTML files.

It can show gradient background if we save PDF by using printing function in browser.

However, It doesn't works when created in Acrobat.

We don't want to use printing function to create all PDF files, due to there are many pages waited to be converted.

The gradient background are written in CSS.

Could we have a solution?

Tks.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • delete button crashed Acrobat when editing

crashes on 'edit pdf' > editing content, if pressed delete (not backspase), simply crashed and quits.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Running Sierra 10.12.6. Acrobat pro won't open properly.

Acrobat pro won't open properly on my iMac running Sierra 10.12.6.
                  I can see it in the menu bar at the top of the screen, but it won't open any further than that.
                  I have been able to click on file-open and managed to open a file, but none of the tool functions work.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also please provide the following logs:

“~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat Update Helper DC.log”

“~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat Updater DC.log”

“/Var/log/install.log”

• Some stamps disappear when you apply redactions

Occasionally after defining text to be redacted and assigning a stamp notation beside it, when you apply the redaction some of the stamps disappear. It is not consistent and very random. It's not all the same stamp or in the same place on the page. They just don't all make it to the redacted version. Help!

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Issue with Order Tabs Manual versus Unspecified

May be a bug. This is for Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Version 2015.006.30355. Happens when dealing with RADIO buttons and using Manual Tabs setting. I can move the Radio group field over and over in the right panel, but it will go right back to original position after a Save and open in edit again. After moving it in right panel, it won't change the tab # when viewing tab numbers either. Discovered I have to select "Order Tabs Unspecified", make the move, and then save. It defaults back to Manual after every save (even when still in edit mode),…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Feature requests for enhancing PDF Portfolios - • Distribution of content updates - Ability to manage a portfolio centrally without trying

Feature requests for enhancing PDF Portfolios from Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board -
                        • Distribution of content updates - Ability to manage a portfolio centrally without trying to go through a content management system like Sharepoint.
                        • Annotations – mainly the ability to carry over the comments and highlights each board member has done when a document in the central portfolio is updated.
                        • Easy to Navigate – Ability to add an Agenda page with hotlinks to the different sections in the Portfolio.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Payment Link

Docusign has partnered with Stripe to allow payment gateway links. For systems generating PDF estimates or invoices, this would be a handy feature.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • BUG: sort comments by author not showing all

When I sort comments by author, then try to select all comments by one of those authors, I am unable to select all of them, only a portion. It *looks* like it grabs them all, but if I change the properties, then look at the sort again, it shows only a portion changed and the others still have the old properties.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Page Display "Use system setting" preference is broken

Not sure which category this should go in, but Preferences > Page Display > "Use system setting" is broken. When enabled, it causes a spinning beach ball to appear for about 15 seconds with every click or cursor action. When "Custom resolution" (the default) is enabled, there is no problem. "Use system setting" is necessary to display content at the same size as the printed page. The problem is negligible for single page documents, but intolerable for multipage documents (dozens of pages or more). This suggests that Acrobat is rendering every object on every page all the time, not just…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Adobe Acrobat DC Pro crashes at a specific page when click option to edit

When I open most PDF files to Edit, I have no issue. Have been using it for quite a while without issue, then out of no where the program crashes on a specific page of a flat scanned document. All other documents scanned in the exact same way from before had no issue. So why this specific few? And the problem page is only 1 page in a PDF document of 13 pages. I've tried all the steps of updating, repairing and checking the distiller but none helped. I've got urgent work and no solution for a paid program.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • am not able to find a newly created pdf from my mfc brother printer mfc 7340.why? i could find it easily under acrobat X

look this is feedback & if it is not where is it really?

But my immediate problem is I am not able to find a newly created pdf from my brotherscanner/copy/Brother printerMFC 7340.why?
                                  This was easy in Acrobat x? thanks for a reply

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Acrobat don’t save the file by default after scanning. You can select any location while save.
                                    Can you please share the steps you are using to scan. It will better help us understand.

Thanks.

• Vector Rasterise

Rasterise all vectors option in the export PDF dialogue window.

I use lots of detailed vector files in my layouts and when producing PDF's for approval this can be an issue as the files sizes can be too big to send back and forth over email. There are numerous work arounds but none really give a seamless document flow that should happen. Making a JPEG of my files and placing those instead of eps or ai files can be a headache also.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • "acrobat dc has stopped working" on Build full text index with catalog

1. Select Full Text Index with Catalog
                                        2. Select Directories to Include
                                        3. Input Name of Index
                                        4. Select Build
                                        5. "Acrobat DC has Stopped Working"

Any ideas on how to work around?

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug:Acrobat aborts when I do File -> Create -> PDF from scanner

How to invoke crash: Open Acrobat. Select File -> Create -> PDF from scanner. Select "HP Office Pro 8740 TWAIN". Let it scan 2 pages from the document feeder. After the second page has been scanned I get messages "optimizing", "converting to searchable image exact", "optimizing" and then error dialogue "Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working".

How to avoid: Open Acrobat. Select Tools -> Create PDF -> Scanner. Select "HP Office Pro 8740 TWAIN". Let it scan 2 pages from the document feeder. Once I have scanned via the Tools menu path, I can scan successfully using the File menu path that failed…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base