Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10666 results found

1. Not having a subtraction option in the Text Field Properties reduces the value of the calculate function. The current "workaround" of inputting a negative number to allow for addition is a poor alternative.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Megha Jain responded

Hi Gary

You can either use a custom JavaScirpt calculation or the simplified field notation calculation, if your field names follow the required convention, with the “-” operator you will be able to perform subtraction.

However, we value your suggestion/ideas and we will have the engineering notified. Should we need more information inregard to this, we shall connect with you
    Thank you for your patience.

2. When Saving PDF's from Outlook, system will randomly crash completly, closign down both Explorer.exe and Outlook.

Just clicking the PDF attachment, then clicking, Save As, selecting a windows my documents folder, and save. Suprisingly often it will crash.

System was a recent fresh install of Windows 10
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    32GB RAM

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
    Version 2019.010.20069

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.11231.20130, time stamp: 0x5c5187a2
    Faulting module name: PDFShell.dll, version: 19.10.20064.48846, time stamp: 0x5c069227
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00007146
    Faulting process id: 0x4218
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c255006efdb5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. since the last Adobe software update the icons in my Acrobat DC toolbar appear unsharp. What can be the reason for that?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Current default color is nearly unreadable. All my PDF's are using this color, so it's the default. Unable to change the color except by opening every PDF with bookmarks & changing using properties bar. Color change should be easier

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I tried to export a PDF to Excel in order to capture and manipulate the data without having to retype it. When I did so, the resulting Excel document was unreadable and the formatting was off. I have several files like this that I need to extract the data from. I have Acrobat Pro for Mac. I'm using osSierra version 10.12.6. Please see the attached PDF and resulting Excel output file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chantal Smith,

The attached PDF is already an OCRed file whose output is incorrect. Try to copy and paste the text from the PDF file. It contains garbage values.

Please provide non-OCRed file for this issue.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Adobe Acrobat Team

6. The Adobe PDFMaker Add In does not work in Office 2019. The add in appears on the Add In list but when checked, nothing happens. This needs to be active in Office 2019

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. EXAMPLE: I just scanned 19 pages then clicked on TOOLS to use the stamp command. Aggghh I didnt realize that my original scans are now lost forever presumably becuase I didnt save or 'export' the scane? <weep>. Surely you should alert the user that he's not saved his work?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe Acrobat 11.x or other older versions Out Of Memory and insufficient data for an image issue

Hi, All,

Our company have adobe acrobat 9 and XI softwares which are installed on different PC (windows 7 and windows 10) some users report to me they have received popup windows error message "Out Of Memory and insufficient data for an image from their windows 10 pc
    Any solution to fix the issue?

Thank you for your support!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If Acrobat is to replace PDF generating software, scanning with the native scanner interface needs to be one click - it now is at least 3 clicks - adding this to the customizable menus previously requested would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug report - Text highlighting-Acrobat DC - when sending to iPad or iPhone-highlight is solid not transparent when receiver opens the file. I use Acrobat DC Version 19.010.20069 and this is a recent issue as I have been highlighting and sending pdfs to people with iPads/iPhones for years. Not sure if this is something new with my Acrobat or something new with an Apple update. I have sent the file to both my own phone and iPad and my clients are correct - wherever I have highlighted in Acrobat it completely covers the text with a solid yellow box over…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have 2 problems with the New Adobe update.
    1) There is No Way to Reverse Print so the doc does not have to be HAND Reversed to be in Readable Order on my HPOffice Jet Pro 7740.
    2) There is No way to Print Both sides on my printer HPOffice Jet Pro 7740

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Am running Acrobat 9 Pro, 9.5.5 on Mac OS Mojave, and it's suddenly become slow to open and open PDF's -- long lag time before it opens the doc and/or opens up. Was working fine until recently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I’m using Acrobat DC but I came from Acrobat Pro 6/7. Editing text in PDF on Acrobat 6/7 was almost perfect. On Acrobat DC working on same PDF files, is unworthy of a commercial product. Even editing a single character broke layout completely on DC. Same file on Acrobat 6/7 I could replace entire paragraphs without an issue. Even free apps perform better than DC on my files.

Btw, Word exporting is almost perfect and I can edit files as I want. But you should improve features, not destroy them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make Acrobat Pro DC function with Google Drive and work on the Chrome OS platforms...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to use commenting tools multiple times without having to choose them again (and again, and again). Perhaps a double click to make the tool active until a single click turns it off. At the present time the pencil tool is the only one that stays active once it is selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Per features available through at least Acrobat 8 -
    1) ability to adjust baseline of text, or portion of text
    2) ability to adjust letter spacing and word spacing - have PDFs where the source must have been justified, and current controls don't have good way to correct this.
    2) set fill and stroke for text
    3)find/replace single character or character codes - for example, find a 'fi' ligature and replace it with the letters 'fi'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to have an index page created (from name of pdf's) or the possebility to type in one myself at the first page when adding mutliple Pdf's into one. with a link on the index page to the pages througout the new pdf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have Microsoft Outlook and I send all my PDF attachments thru this email. Your October 2018 update no longer recognizes Outlook default that automatically sends an attachment to an email.

Now we must every time get diverted and click on attachment and continue to attach every single PDF in an email to Outlook. This creates a lot of work for no valid reason. EVERY user of Outlook is now going thru these extra steps for no valid reason. STOP IT.

I am surprised that Adobe management who probably use Microsoft Outlook have themselves not wondered why they are now…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?