Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open new doument moves app window

Every time I open a PDF the Acrobat window moves and resized. I have "restore last setting" unchecked. Very annoying when I'm editing other files from PDF markup and have to keep moving and resizing the Acrobat window, even if other pdf files are open in tabs and view has been set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print as PDF from Adobe Acrobat on Mac

I know there is an option to "Save as PDF". However, sometimes, you don't want to "Save as PDF". You may want to "Print as PDF" (as it is in windows).

These 2 are different since "saving as PDF" simply saves the page as it is while "Printing as PDF" gives one the flexibility of saving as booklet, multiple pages e.t.c.

Also, "printing as PDF" enables one to save PDF forms that are not traditionally enabled for saving.

All these are important and standard features on the Windows version of the software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot combine documents!

No matter what way I try to combine documents, it doesn't work! I have version 2019.010.20100

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Action crashes with too many files

I'm using Acrobat Pro 11.0.0 on Windows 10. Running an action to convert pdf to pdf/a. If an input folder is specified to process and the folder has a large number of files, the Action stops at about file #250 with an error message that a .dll file (sorry I didn't get the full file name) is missing or corrupt. Have to use Task Manager to close Acrobat. Works well if number of files is less than about 250.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move menubar to titlebar or remove it completely and make it some buttons in toolbar

Move the menu bar to title bar like Photoshop and stop wasting screen space. I always have to press F9 after opening each PDF file because I rarely use menus and they insist to be there to waste my time and space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. some help would be good

very frustrating Cannot edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. page navigation

I can't get the number of pages to show up in the navigation pane/tools. In previous versions it was where the hand, arrow, and + and - buttons are. Is there some way that I can get the number of pages in the document without having to open thumbnails and scrolling down to see the total number of pages. Usually there was a box with 1/200 pages etc. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe DC keeps freezing just after openning and often crashes later on

Adobe DC keeps freezing just after openning and often crashes later on My idea is that Adobe improve performance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove hang time when opening small document on $4000AUD PC

I'd rather the document not open fully until Acrobat DC Pro sorts itself out. The hang time in today's fast pace world eats away at me... Please fix!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. font replaced with

I had successfully edited a PDF, resizing boxes, fonts and changing styles. I saved the file and closed acrobat. When I open the file again, heads (see attached) changed to display this X boxes. This happened more than once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. mirror a scanned image

Haven't been able to find a method to mirror a scanned pdf image. Your older software worked relatively easily, but not Adobe Acrobat Pro DC!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. pdfconverterhub virus cause pop-up - came in with Chrome extension - can't delete

This morning's update of zemana, Bitdefender finally recognized the threat. But, they can't remove PDFConverterhub
    Microsoft is looking into it an Norton can't detect it either.

Please look into this, It is not only irritating, the pop-up of young Russian girls in your neighborhood looking for love is horrible for any business meeting!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. One Incorrect letter is transposed

I scanned a document into PDF format. I am editing the document. The editing process behaves fine with the exception of the letter "o" being replaced by the letter "p". This is the only issue. No other letters are transposed. I am a CC subscriber running Windows 10 64-bit pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PDF Distiller to work with internal encyrpted documents

We have internally developed, encrypted PDF forms that we own the intellectual property for. We make these available to internal users to generate publicly distributed documents where company private data has been removed via a control on the page. At present PDF Distiller complains that it cannot re-author an encrypted file. But if we own the encrypted file, there should be a way to internally sign this document for use amongst our users without needing to release the encryption password to our users. There are elements within the form that even our users are not permitted to alter, hence the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the menu/tool system easier to use.

Please put some thought into the menu and tool system. Try to develop a logical interface with the goal of making it easy to use. Basically dump what you have now and either go back to earlier versions or start over. Consider hiring someone to manage the process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PDF Compairion issues

While comparing PDF docs, most of the differences are not the real ones, but due to font,fill,color,size. How would I avoid getting differences due to the above reasons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why does it take so long to Open acrobat, I believe you need to login every time it opens. Which is annoying when you don't have internet.

Annoyed that Acrobat always need internet to log in, every time I open a PDF file, just slows down the process. I'm in a third world country and internet is slow, so every time I open PDF, it's slow. Just log me in once and that's it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Acrobat Pro DC fails to recognize text with "Unknown error" repeatedly

I have a page that I have scanned 5 times using "PDF Producer: Adobe Photoshop for Windows -- Image Conversion Plug-in". This creates a valid pdf when exported as "Photoshop PDF/*.pdf", but repeated fails when Tools | Enhance Scans | Recognize Text is selected. I have repeated the scan numerous times, and have generated a fresh pdf using this process 5 times, with the same error each time. I have attached the pdf for use in bug reporting

Platform info:
    Windows 10 (1809, Build 17763.437)
    Acrobat Pro DC (2019.010.20100)
    Photoshop (20.0.4)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Check marks not appearing when opening coworker's PDF.

When I open my coworker's copy of a PDF with most of the 500+ comments checked as addressed, I don't see his check marks. I have Version 2019.019.010.20100. He has an earlier version. The commenting feature no longer makes collaboration easy. Is this a result of the update?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base