Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Verification email not coming through

I am not receiving the notification email to complete setting up my new account. There is nothing in the Junk folder.

Thanks,

Ben

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace All

can only replace one at a time, how does Replace All work?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Hi,
    Could you elaborate on the problem you are facing and exact steps to reproduce the problem?

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Exporting a PDF as a .docx should preserve the formatting

The .docx document created does not save formatting to allow updating of TOC or figures. It also removes spaces in some places. I understand from your tech support that this is not a P1 bug, but rather a feature that does not exist. This is a huge short coming as it really makes updating the document difficult. There should at least be a message warning the user that these features are not saved if one tries to export a PDF to MSW.
    Also, saving changes to the now .docx document will arbitrarily remove some spaces between words

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multi Select / Assign Participant Role

Please allow a user to assign a "Participant Role" to multiple fields at once inside of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Convert to Adobe Sign form). Similar to how you can select multiple fields and make them all required with one click. This isn't always a huge issue, but when assigning multiple fields in a large table format this can quickly become very tedious and massively time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlighting in Read or Full Screen mode

How do I highlight test in Reading Mode or Full Screen mode? As far as I see, the highlighting tool (and probably many other tools) switch off in these screen modes and even the pin button does not change this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Learning how to use my subscription

After 2 years and 7 months I am just learning that I have to be signed in to use my subscription to Acrobat Dc properly. Maybe this is understood but it would have been nice if it was explained back in 2015. I have been using software that works sometime and not others. I found it hard to edit or save files at times and thought the software was a beta version (not fully tested)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Soft hypen changes not showing in Acrobat DC PDF Compare Report

Hi Team

Issue in PDF Compare

SUBJECT: DC compare PDF soft hypen changes not shown

Issue: While comparing the below mentioned 2 PDF in Acrobat DC

a. Soft hypen checkingFPPCS6.pdf

b. Soft hypen checkingREVCS6.pdf

In "Soft hypen checkingREVCS6" there is soft hypen changes in First paragraph 3rd and 4th line, and in Second paragraph 3rd and 9th line.

In DC compare report it not showing the changes in both Textual and visual compare. I attached the DC compare report

If we compare the same in Acrobat 7 Textual compare Side by side report in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exporting to jpg format excludes markups and comments

In acrobat XI, text boxes and other markups added in adobe are excluded when exported to jpg format.

Exports to tiff format work correctly.

Workaround: export to tiff and then convert to jpg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't open previously created portfolio files

Portfolio file created in prior Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version. Upgraded version: 2018.009.20044.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fill and sign loses data

I fill data in a PDF form and save the changes. When I return to the document at a later stage, and make a single change, I lose all the previous data entered, only retaining the last change. It is annoying to lose all your typed data.

Luckily I save it in Dropbox, so can get back to original revisions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My account is NOT EXPIRED. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS TELL ME EXPIRED?!

My account is NOT EXPIRED. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS TELL ME EXPIRED?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't save Extracted page

Working on a MAC (mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.2 updated 12.14.17) in Acrobat Pro DC v2018.009.20050
    I think this problem started right after OS update.
    Open a PDF document, extract a page, and now want to save that page.
    A Save As PDF window opens but it is empty and you can't do anything. If you try it too many times it will lock up acrobat and you have to force quit. Does the same thing if you want to do a save as to an existing file and rename etc. Screenshot attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better support for VDI/Virtualized environments

Now that users need to authenticate towards the Creative Cloud it should be possible to be able to roll out Adobe products on VDI environments utilzing Non Persistent Linked clones.

The problem is that Adobe still uses the machine ID in the licensing. In a non persistent environment the machine ID changes each time the user logs on. Instead Adobe should re-authenticate the user and activate the Adobe products each time a user log on. Information about the users credentials should be stored in the roaming part of the userprofile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problems with Pitstop tools after updating Acrobat DC

After an update of Acrobat DC has been installed on our computers:
    the PitStop Pro toolbars had disappeared and
    the PitStop Pro selection tool frequently becomes unresponsive

Windows specifications: Windows 10 Pro / version 1709 / OS Build 16299.98
    Pitstop specifications: Enfocus Pitstop Pro 17 Build 786028
    Acrobat specifications: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - version 2018.009.20050

Are those issues known by you and do you have a solution for those problems ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Signing in is an arduous process which doesn't work more often than not. I have since found I need to close and open multiple times.

I get the confirmation licensing message after logging in, but it always stays as 'log in' on the top right instead of my name. Restarting and clicking the login box sometimes fixes it. Longterm issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. application hang when closing OLE window from PowerBuilder 12.5 application

Using Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.23 (Acrobat, not Reader), our PowerBuilder 12.5 application hangs for 8-10 seconds when an OLE PDF window is closed. The same delay is seen with Reader DC 17.012.20093 and all subsequent versions but is not seen with Reader DC 17.009.20058 and older, or Reader XI 11.0.23 and older.

There seems to be some delay in the destruction of the OLE PDF viewer object; the delay can even be seen when closing a window containing an OLE PDF viewer from PowerBuilder 12.5 IDE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it easier tobookmark pages in thumnail view

Make it easier tobookmark pages in thumnail view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base