Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. print secured PDF fails in latest Acobat Pro build

New issue with Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098.
    I am on Mac Mojave, 16.16.7
    Attempting to print a college transcript from Parchment, a Secured PDF. Document Properties, Security tab says Printing should be allowed, but printing fails with "There were no pages selected to print" - see attached screenshot. My office mate has version 2019.010.20071 and can print this document no problem. This is the second bug I have found in this build.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. url's to jpegs or .psd files

Hi, I have hundreds of url's and need to save them as the jpegs each URL does belong to our catalogue, and I am assuming there is a straightforward way of converting them with some batch action?

To be clear I am converting multiple URLs to jpegs or .Psd files and am looking to do it in a batch process

There must be a way

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot open embedded pdfs in word

working on windows but I am on Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe Sign doesn't work properly when the requester forgot to sign first

When the requester forgot to sign, all the other participants will see a blank form and cannot sign. The only solution is to cancel and create a new request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop the Acrobat Welcome from Always Opening

Although no adobe products are set as startup items and the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC general settings have the option to show a start screen as OFF... with each newstart of the computer, the Acrobat Start screen opens.... and every time has to be manually closed.

This is a bug (although probably intended by Adobe) and needs to be fixed to remove this major annoyance.

The effect is that Adobe is trying to be an annoying microsoft application by making its own rules to decide what I want... but in reality is frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe is slow to open

Upon first start up Adobe is slow to respond. Contacted support with no help. It looks like Adobe struggles to connect my account to the cloud. I do not log out ever, nor do I log in. I am the only one in the office that struggles with it being slow to open. I end up having to keep the program open all day so I don't have to wait 30 sec for it to finally connect each time I open a PDF. I cannot find a feature that will keep me logged in so I don't have to keep…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recording notes

I have an idea that will help students such as me and a lot other:
    Which is doing an option to record a note and I write a lot of notes that waste my time that i can explain faster in a record or sometimes it's hard to write the idea wont be clear as recording it as i depend totally on studying on acrobat
    I really hope considering my idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HTML5 Flipbook Export

I would like to be able to Export PDFs as an HTML5 flipbook. Services around the web charge a ridiculous amount for this. Currently, this can be done as an SWF from Indesign, but not a lot of mobile devices can handle it. There has to be a better way. Even if you charged an extra $5 a month to host the files and then allowed someone to embed them (Life Flipsnack does) it would be worth it. They charge like $1000 a year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Artifacts in Image

We create PDF docs from Framemaker 2019. We have an image that is housed on a master page. It consists of 3 layers: background, corporate symbol, and a foreground group of people. The edges of the corporate symbol (a stylized A) show through the people in the foreground.

Image is created in Adobe Illustrator, is in AI format, and prints out fine. It is only an issue when viewed online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want pdf's to stop opening automatically, in any way, when I only want to download and save.

I want to stop pdf's from opening automatically after I download them.

I SIMPLY WANT TO DOWNLOAD AND SAVE

I have already turned off the feature that will automatically download in chrome because I want to choose what gets downloaded.

My problem arises when I have multiple pdf's to download and save, I do not want them to open every time. Period. I do not want them to open in my browser, or in any adobe product.

Currently, when I select download, the files are automatically opening in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Continuous Release | Version 2019.010.20098 every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop with the updates

Stop with the updates. Its the same thing year over year. you just move things around or do an "update" which breaks the program. If you do an update, test it multiple times, on different computers, different operating systems. Make sure it works before it is launched. Customer should get a credit everytime the product does not work. I am sure things would get tested correctly then.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crash on document close when using tabs, multiple documents, and comment selected.

Steps:
    1. Turn off tabbed browsing (if it's not already)
    2. Open multiple documents, at least one with comments.
    3. Open the comments panel and click a comment to select it.
    4. Close the window.

Expected result:
    One document closes or asks to save if modified.

Result:
    Acrobat crashes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Erroneous registry entry

Windows 10 1809
    There are two registry entries that appear to be put in by Reader DC that point to the wrong directory.

Computer\HKEYCLASSESROOT\CLSID{98D9A6F1-4696-4B5E-A2E8-36B3F9C1E12C} and Computer\HKEYCLASSESROOT\CLSID{D38406DA-E8AA-484b-B80D-3D3DBDCC2FB2} should be pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. problem dragging acrobat window from laptop screen to second screen

Whenever I try to drag the Adobe Acrobat Reader from my laptop to a second external screen, Acrobat crashes. I just get a message saying it quit suddenly. when I try to send a report, I get a message saying nothing could be done about it. I'm using a Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3. Can anyone help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Program crashes with this file - please explain

Simples: I scanned this file in via my $5,000AUD 2018 photocopying machine - I then went to re-arrange the pages and hit save - KA-Booom. Crash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No Response while Loading a New Page

Dear Adobe,
    The adobe acrobat is fantastic! but for some large-size pdfs, while it's loading a new page, the software will be no response. at that moment the window couldn't be moved, or any other operations. So my advice is to give a notification which shows that it's loading, and enable some basic operations if it's possible.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ring me

Overly charging
    Have two accounts
    How do I get them to ring me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. there needs to be the facility to recover files that Adobe has erandomly decided can't be saved

there needs to be the facility to recover files that Adobe has erandomly decided can't be saved. A file that I have spent two hours working on has just radomnly disappeared. Where are the temp files???a

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base