Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10666 results found

1. In order to disable the password encryption option within Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional DC, the complete security suite under Protected Mode needs to be disabled. This means that Enterprises that don't want users to password encrypt PDF documents have to remove the built in Sandboxing solution for PDF documents, thus compromising their security controls.
    There should be a granular capability to disable the option to password encrypt PDF documents, without having to turn-off other security features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe Livecycle ES 4 crashes repeatingly after opening the preview screen. It's irritating. I see a lot of ad hoc repair items in this blog by the Adobe Support team (outsourced). There are a lot of issues in this case. When will Adobe really do something about it.

Please let's have a call. In the early days Adobe issues will be solved. Since it's outsources the issues are increasing huge in my opinion.

Regards,

Ed Boon
    visioned.net

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After an upgrade to latest version 18.11.20040.19174 of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC was installed yesterday on my machine (Windows 10 Pro, version 1709) - Acrobat crashes 90% of times when trying to open any PDF file (sometimes it opens given file correctly and after closing the application and trying to open it again - it silently crashes). There is one third-party add-in installed that I'm using which worked fine so far, but now Acrobat crashes.

I can provide you with a crash mini-dump if you want (68MB as ZIP)

Event Log report data:
    Event name: APPCRASH
    Response: Unavailable
    Cab file…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I open a pdf and go to tools > prepare form> open then select a form.

As soon as I click on 'add a field' or an existing field, a stopwatch icon appears and Adobe closes. So I can't edit a form which makes a fillable pdf form impossible. Given the fee I pay every month I am NOT happy.

Yes I have the most current version, Yes I tried the 'repair Adobe' option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need to transform a PDF file to excel in acrobat PRO DC

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Previous versions of Acrobat had the ability to align text comments. Would you please return this feature? Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please consider a stamp that has a checklist included. This will allow teachers around the world to mark effectively. The custom stamp will relate to the criteria marked. The checkbox stamp will have custom skills to award the mark to the criteria.

Thank you
    Sean Udal - Shalom College Australia

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After converting an Outlook email folder it does it correctly with all emails and any subfolders, however, I am unable to search any of it. Please add a way to search through each folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great to be able to have links available in the headers/footers feature. This would help tremendously with very large doc’s with more than 100 pages, particularly if the reader of the document tries to jump from one section to another.

This would help if one tries to create ‘Back to home page’ links on every page in a large pdf document. Say, one creates a ‘Table of Contents’ in the beginning of the deck, with links to every section in the deck. Once you get to the respective section (e.g. pages 120-150 in the deck), it would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know how to set a default color for highlighting, and how to select from multiple colors. HOWEVER, I would like to be able to assign each color a name (ex. Dark blue = Main arguments. Light blue = supporting info. Green = Concepts). I would like these color and titles to appear in a key that I could continue to choose from easily. Then I would like to be able to search by color/issue. (Ex. If I searched for green/concepts it would show me all the text highlighted in green together). As a student and a professional this would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have multiple adobe PDF fillable forms that were create in LiveCycle when it was bundled with prior versions of Acrobat. Now I cannot edit them without purchasing LiveCycle ES4 or the product that is now replacing LiveCycle. I already pay for a 3 user license for creative cloud, and just purchased a 10 user license to Acrobat Pro DC, cost of over $350 per month...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In the Set Page Boxes dialog, under Margin Controls, when you use the
    Apply to: dropdown to switch among boxes, the top, bottom, left and right values do not update to the selected box. For instance, if I change the values for the TrimBox only, then select Bleed Box, the values I just entered display for BleedBox. however, the calculated Cropped Page size for the BleedBox correctly does not include the margins I entered under TrimBox.

I also found that if I choose CropBox again, which in my sample case has all zeroes in the margin fields, the values restore…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am trying to edit a scanned in PDF in which i highlight the necessary details as i put them into an autocad drawing. Every time i need to move around the page it is choppy, and every time i want to highlight one detail, the software stops and has to load (sometimes saying 'Not Responding') and takes anywhere from 5 to almost 30 seconds to recognize the command i want, and execute it, every. single. time. This is ridiculous, and wastes useful time in completing my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. During the correction process utilize a dictionary to look up words which contain most characters as determined by scan and in the same left to right order. Present these as choices to be picked rather than only allowing change via direct editing. Permit editing after a choice is made however because the choice might only be close.

So often I have seen "print" scanned as "primt" for instance. Since most text is words in a dictionary the correction process can offer alternative spellings with some high degree of probability that one of them is correct. This could also be used…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Could you put the old portfolio options back, and autogenerate the reader inside portfolio so it will open on any platform whether reader is installed or not

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In previous versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro, I was able to select what type of formatting I'd like the text field to be, such as Phone Number, Zip Code, and decimal numbers as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#format_tab_for_form_field_properties.

However, that option appears to not exist any more?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Crop marks: Make it easier to choose to save version with crop and bleed turn on or off. I frequently have to adjust a print ready file with crops and bleeds not showing and it is time-consuming. Why not have a crop/bleed SHOW or DON'T SHOW function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

20. I just started getting "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license" message even though my license is Pro. Not letting me combine files, organize pages, create PDFs, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?