Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10661 results found

1. When you have a file open twice, it crashes Adobe reader when you click on the display button to show display options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When generating a PDF from InDesign at 5.5" wide by 8.5" tall, the PDF comes out as expected with no borders. I can even tweak the PDF settings to display 2UP in the window just like I want it to print.

From Acrobat, taking that borderless PDF and selecting the Acobat PDF printer installed in Windows, the second you select Multiple pages in the printer settings window, Acrobat adds a margin around each page. Even when selecting letter, custom letter, custom 5.5x8.5.

If I wanted margins on my multi-page PDF output I would have built them into my document. There…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hallo, Adobe Acrobat will in regelmäßigen Abständen aktualisiert werden. Leider so, dass man beim Öffnen eines Dokuments den Hinweis erhält, man könne das Programm erst nach einem Neustart des PC starten. Das stört enorm. Wie kann ich das ausschalten?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use Google Chrome with Reader for all new documents. Does not solve Safari existing or old files

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Description : We would like to restrict the ‘save as pdf’ option for Encrypted/Do not forward emails only.
    Why the feature is needed : Currently we are able to use the ‘save as pdf’ option for Encrypted/Do not forward outlook emails - hence able to save and share the such emails to other users (who are not supposed to receive the info). Hence, we would need this restriction to eliminate the security gap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since the Adobe Acrobat Update in December with version 23.008.2042x, our
    coworkers reporting Adobe Acrobat crashes.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    We found out, it is only, when opening the pdf and click instant a linked document (another pdf) on a fileshare, so that you hover the link, it does not display the full URL.

Expected result:
    Opening the hyperlink / another document.

Observed result
    If you wait around 3-5 seconds, and the mouse hover shows the full link, than Adobe does not crash, and asks with security dialog, if you want to open this file.

All affected Users have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The latest continuous Acrobat release (2023.008.20458) broke my Pitstop plug in making it basically useless! Extremely frustrating. Please fix quickly!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The user name seems to draw its data from the Adobe account on record. There my name has an accent. In the Identity section in the Acrobat settings I entered my name without an accent as this obviously still leads to some display issues.

Maybe this could be changed so that the display name for the comment is taken from the “Name” in the Identity settings.

There are so many names with diacritics worldwide and they probably get all spelled in a wrong way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mac OS offers the option of using text abbreviations to insert several words or entire sentences (text replacements). For example, "#--" becomes "delete hyphen". Acrobat used to understand and implement these abbreviations. Since the version from December 2023, this no longer works. Please restore the function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AcroCEF.exe - Application Error when opening PDF document.

The Unknown Software Exception, is Exception (0xc06d007e)
    this has occurred in the application at the site
    (0x00007FFCC172567C.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Help me, please! Adobe Acrobat Pro stopped working, so I tried to re-install it and failed. Now it is gone from my desktop and all my PDF files icons changed and I can no longer open them by clicking on them. Repeated attempts to download Adobe Acrobat Pro and re-install it have failed. What do I have to do to get it back?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't force installation of McAfee or try to be sneaky with Adobe Reader.
    You guys are better than this. Don't associate yourself with this bloatware ****, otherwise soon Adobe may find their image tarnished as bloatware-related. At least for me, it's making me consider alternatives to PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Everytime my computer goes to sleep, Acrobat DC "hangs up" and I'm forced to close the application and reopen files.
    This seems like a new problem and an unnecessary glitch/inconvenience..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. At random times when sending documents for e-signature the field box for an initial is not at the location of where the box is on the template. The area for the user to click to initial/sign is showing in between two pages where they cannot access or control it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When selecting the default zoom by going here:

menu -> Preferences -> Page Display ->Zoom percentage

...changing the Zoom Percentage value does not have any effect on the actual default zoom. When opening a new .pdf document, it defaults to 150%, which shifts the picture off screen. Every time I open a new .pdf I have to zoom out and it's getting annoying!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. -The new update has the "Fill in Form Field" button in a prominent place on the toolbar and it is the only text looking button in the default toolbar. Everyone in my design office mistakenly thought it was the text box tool and was extremely frustrated trying to redline documents. As designers, we do not use this software primarily for forms or even text documents, but for reviewing and commenting on drawings. Though I customized my toolbar and added what I need, it is not possible to remove the Fill in Form button from the tool bar, or even to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are at least two scenarios in which Acrobat is busy, but provides no activity/notification of what it's doing or that it's busy:

1) With auto-updates enabled, Acrobat will download and install the update in the background. During the installation, the Acrobat application will not respond to clicks for 15 seconds - 2 minutes or so and no notification of what it's doing will show

2) When combining files, each time a file is added, Acrobat doesn't respond to clicks (it is apparently preparing the file in the background to be converted) until that processing is complete. This behavior occurs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In our office we have somepeople that have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 - Classic and some people have Adobe Acrobat Pro - Continuous Release. 
    We believe there are missing accessibility issue flags in the Acrobat Pro 2020 - Classic, specifically with the table headers, however, we are not certain if the issue extends byond this. 
    We will run the checker on a document and in Acrobat Pro - Continuous Release there are more issues flagged than there are in Acrobat Pro 2020 - Classic. 

Here are the following steps we follow on both Classic and Continuous Release:

Step 1: In your PDF, go…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If there is a comment written by someone else with a fediverse account name of the format [@]xxxx[@]xxxx.xxxx any attempt to edit that comment will trigger an unwanted sharing link being sent and an upload into the Creative Cloud. There needs to be an option to disable Acrobat from ever sharing a file via Creative Cloud without explicit permission to do so as this represents privacy risks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Zooming in with "ctrl" and "+" keeps cycling from 100% to 95% (ie, when zooming in one increment, Acrobat automatically and immediately zooms back out by the same increment).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?