Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10701 results found

1. At random times when sending documents for e-signature the field box for an initial is not at the location of where the box is on the template. The area for the user to click to initial/sign is showing in between two pages where they cannot access or control it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When selecting the default zoom by going here:

menu -> Preferences -> Page Display ->Zoom percentage

...changing the Zoom Percentage value does not have any effect on the actual default zoom. When opening a new .pdf document, it defaults to 150%, which shifts the picture off screen. Every time I open a new .pdf I have to zoom out and it's getting annoying!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. -The new update has the "Fill in Form Field" button in a prominent place on the toolbar and it is the only text looking button in the default toolbar. Everyone in my design office mistakenly thought it was the text box tool and was extremely frustrated trying to redline documents. As designers, we do not use this software primarily for forms or even text documents, but for reviewing and commenting on drawings. Though I customized my toolbar and added what I need, it is not possible to remove the Fill in Form button from the tool bar, or even to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There are at least two scenarios in which Acrobat is busy, but provides no activity/notification of what it's doing or that it's busy:

1) With auto-updates enabled, Acrobat will download and install the update in the background. During the installation, the Acrobat application will not respond to clicks for 15 seconds - 2 minutes or so and no notification of what it's doing will show

2) When combining files, each time a file is added, Acrobat doesn't respond to clicks (it is apparently preparing the file in the background to be converted) until that processing is complete. This behavior occurs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In our office we have somepeople that have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 - Classic and some people have Adobe Acrobat Pro - Continuous Release. 
    We believe there are missing accessibility issue flags in the Acrobat Pro 2020 - Classic, specifically with the table headers, however, we are not certain if the issue extends byond this. 
    We will run the checker on a document and in Acrobat Pro - Continuous Release there are more issues flagged than there are in Acrobat Pro 2020 - Classic. 

Here are the following steps we follow on both Classic and Continuous Release:

Step 1: In your PDF, go…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If there is a comment written by someone else with a fediverse account name of the format [@]xxxx[@]xxxx.xxxx any attempt to edit that comment will trigger an unwanted sharing link being sent and an upload into the Creative Cloud. There needs to be an option to disable Acrobat from ever sharing a file via Creative Cloud without explicit permission to do so as this represents privacy risks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Zooming in with "ctrl" and "+" keeps cycling from 100% to 95% (ie, when zooming in one increment, Acrobat automatically and immediately zooms back out by the same increment).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 不要每次開啟都預設展開「所有工具」側欄,九成以上情境用不到,非常佔位。建議提供選項讓使用者決定要不要展開。
    Don’t expand the “All Tools” sidebar by default every time I open it. It will not be used in more than 90% of situations and takes up a lot of space. I'd recommend you to provide options for users to decide whether to expand or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In previous versions of Mac Reader, the blue info banner "This file claims compliance with the PDF/A standard and has been opened read-only to prevent modification" could be dismissed without side-effects by clicking on the circled-i symbol. In the otherwise much improved 2023.008 version, this useful capability has unfortunately been lost. That banner is an irritating waste of valuable screen space (for people like me who spend long hours doing research in PDF/A files) and should either go away automatically after a few seconds, or be dismissible as it was before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The problem occurs if you have a Link and the text content has a break-line; when you navigate through tab selection, normally the text is selected, the selection for those cases, the reader locates the selection in the wrong place, it depends on the resolution or the scale of the window, at more resolution, the selection place is worse.

Example of the FO structure used for a link with break-line is as follows:

<fo:block space-before="0pt" start-indent="0.63in" space-after="9pt">The Quick Response
            (QR) code images in some parts of this guide provide links to additional video
            explanations of particular topics. For example, you
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. La nuova versione è pessima !
    L'interfaccia di navigazione è stata inspiegabilmente invertita orizzontalmente, non si capisce per quale folle motivo.
    Inoltre dopo l'aggiornamento ho continui problemi: il programma si blocca e devo aspettare 15/20 secondi prima che inizi nuovamente a rispondere ai comandi.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a date field in a PDF form is set to "read only" and the user tabs or clicks into the box and presses the down arrow, the calendar picker still pops up and allows the user to select a new date. This was tested by setting the field to "read only" via signature, and by setting it manually as well.

Tested in both Windows and Mac environment on the latest versions of reader and pro.

Expected result would be that the field remains completely uneditable when setting to read only.

Observed result when following the steps outlined above is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Website Development
    Your website serves as the representation of your digital identity. Creating a website that captures the essence of your brand and engages visitors requires a blend of creativity, functionality, and optimization.
    Websites are more than digital storefronts; they're immersive platforms that showcase your brand, engage your audience, and drive meaningful interactions. With TheDigibee, your website development journey will be guided by innovation, aligning effortlessly with your brand's identity and goals.
    Recognizing the transformative power of websites, we've crafted a broader approach that ensures success:
    Strategic Planning: Our experts delve into your industry, understanding your objectives, target audience, and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm trying Acrobat Pro and it seems that the new UI that we can try doesn't allow me to correct OCR by marking something as "not text". With the old UI, you can simply erase the garbage text next to the picture, and press "OK" or whatever, then this part of the document stops being considered as text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I had to stop using Adobe Acrobat and switch to PDF X b/c AA would not let me sign my pdf files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. HDFC Securities Ltd generates reports in PDF form. Those PDF files dont open at my end where I have Acrobat Reader ver 2023.008.20421. When I checked with their technical team, they confirm that those files open seamlessly on Reader XI. Can you please confirm whether it's an issue of backward compatibility with latest Acrobat reader or some issues that need to be fixed at HDFC Securities Ltd end.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For Adobe Cloud shared reviews, there needs to be a way to give other users access to all your shared review documents. All of our shared reviews have a deadline. So, a team manager or a backup when a person is sick needs to be able to access those reviews and PDFs. This is critical for business continuity.

Going back to SharePoint or server-based reviews is not an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why won't my Google respond?

Make sure Google Assistant, Hey Google, and Voice Match are turned on if your Android device's Google Assistant isn't functioning or responding to "Hey Google": Open the Google Assistant app or navigate to the Assistant settings on your Android phone or tablet. "Assistant settings," you say. Google not Loading in Chrome.

https://sites.google.com/view/gooogle-not-loading/home

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a bug where the white background in any PDF file is shown as light blue in MacOS Sanoma 14.2.1. I have attached two screenshots for your reference, one from the default Preview app and the other from Adobe Acrobat Pro. The application is updated to its latest version, the details of which can be seen in the following:

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M2 Pro
    Build: 23.8.20423.0
    AGM: 7.1.3
    CoolType: 9.0.2
    JP2K: 4.0.1.53159

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to be able to search for words in the documents even if I don't type the beginning of the word.

To explain: in swedish lung cancer is spelt lungcancer and now if I search for "cancer" lungcancer don't show up. **** annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?