Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10701 results found

1. When I want to save as, a new dialog window opens with a list of recent locations I've saved to. But if I want to save elsewhere, I have to click "choose a different folder" to open yet another dialog window where I can navigate to the location of my choosing. Can we have all this happen in the same window?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. After the last Windows-Update, several users suddenly could not save edited PDF forms by simply clicking the save icon as before.

Acrobat changed the name of the document and gave this message,"The document could not be saved. The document cannot be saved to this filename. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I have found a few workarounds online:

1. Users can close the File Explorer window before attempting to save the document. This doesn't work all the time and can therefore be frustrating.

2. Users can click on the original document in the save dialog…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please include Translate Feature- Translate French document to English.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Incluir la posibilidad de firmar todas las páginas a la vez

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I used Acrobat for pdf edit and I didn't find fastest way to change the font for the entire pdf. I had to edit 1 by 1 pages to change it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please "UN" Update the Edit PDF feature, so you can add text without the whole document having to be Converted/Scanned. Put "Add Text" back to the way it was. On its own. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open the advanced metadata window (see screenshot): document properties > additional metadata > advanced.
    It shows you the content of the attached screenshot. Which is incomplete and incorrect.
    Save the xmp file from the PDF and it shows you all metadata that should be displayed.
    In previous versions of adobe acrobat it did display correct.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This just started in the past week. When I edit a PDF, usually by dragging pages from another PDF, sometimes is will lose the original filename, create a new one that seems to be a random string of characters followed by .tmp. If I do "Save As', it tries to save it under that .tmp filename. I have to go back to where I originally opened the document and save over the one I started with. It doesn't happen every time, but I would guess about 70% of the time. I had to do this no less than 15 times…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have built a big Webform and need to edit the text in the underlying PDF.

The instructions say "Editing does not allow Changing the underlying file (eg: change the underlying file, page order, page orientation)".
    Do I really have to edit the PDF and upload it again and rebuild all of the fields?

Adobe can't expect people to recreate a webform every time they need to make a change to the PDF. Adobe could easily fix this by adding a text tool. I can't spend hours recreating over 50 fields just for a little text change.

How about a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The latest app update has been very confusing. Previously, Adobe reader had a red logo and Acrobat pro had a white logo. An update occurred and Pro now has a red logo and the name of the app on my desktop is just 'Adobe Acrobat'. I thought that my Adobe pro had been uninstalled and landed up wasting time with customer services to help me re-install it. Then when I opened a PDF I saw Acrobat Pro written at the top. What an unnecessary waste of time. Dont make changes like this when you have an established product. If you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Creating a numbered document and its longer then one page it would be nice to start the second page with any number. I have 1 thru 8 and wanted to start with 9 on the second page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I cannot print one page of my tax return--the payment voucher. I get the error that it is unable to convert postscript file when trying to print. I have an Epson XP5100 printer, a MacBook Pro using Ventura 13.2.1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You have implemented this feature 5 years ago https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/19741672-add-an-addional-field-type-picture-field-in-the

It seems like the feature is thus far undocumented: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/pdfstandards/PDF32000_2008.pdf

Would it be possible that you could document it in your next iteration of the pdf specs so that we can have a chance of it working in other software as well?

I have tested and the feature works in both acrobat and foxit, but when I load the document in any browser, the picture insertion field does not work...

I can't believe it if I am the only one facing this brick wall...

We are an NGO with the purpose…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Steps to reproduce issue: Open word, click "create and share Adobe PDF" wait for 5 min. receive error message. Repeat. It is pretty regular event. Lately its 90% of the time I try. When the product works it produces a beautiful PDF, and when it does not it produces nothing. Considering that my work requires this regularly, it is rather frustrating. To have something I pay $20 a month for, not work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do not understand why the file size increases so much when adding only one comment. The original file is only 66 KB. Adding a comment of a name makes the file size 1.39 MB. This is absolutely ridiculous. I used a different program to do the same thing, and the file was only 67 KB. When you have larger files with multiple comments, it becomes an issue with emailing the files. This has become an increasingly frequent issue over the last couple of years. I have no idea what has changed along the way, but this issue really needs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love to see refresh button to check for recently signed documents/agreements. I find the delay can be lengthily and often even require me to exit the application and reopen in order for Adobe to register a newly signed document/agreement. Most often I have to retrieve the signed document from my email after not being able to retrieve it within the Adobe PC application, due to the delay in the application recognizing the newly signed document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I drag the Reader window onto my second monitor the UI stops momentarily and then Reader window repaints on the main window. Can't move the app to the second monitor.
    Reproduce: Open a PDF in reader on the laptop, grab title bar with mouse and drag to second monitor; the drag stalls and the application snaps back to the laptop screen.
    Windows 11, Surface Laptop 5, second monitor is larger resolution than the laptop screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. the signature picture can not be moved or resized before saving the document. this is a new bug march 2023, reproduced on all my computers running windows 7,8, 10 32&64bit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Acrobat Pro was a great product. Your new product Acrobat DC SUCKS! It's a pain ********** to use. I wish there was another option because if there was, I would use it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Printing and saving from Chrome does not work.
    Acrobat reader's usability deteriorates continuously over time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?