Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10664 results found

1. I cannot find where / how to create an Index of multiple PDFs like I used to be able to do in the older version of Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is an issue accessing the right panel in Adobe Acrobat pro if your window display scaling mode is active. The arrow that helps you access the right panel cannot be selected unless the courser is on the very edge. If the scaling is 100%, the issue will not show up. It would be great to fix this, especially for laptop users with small monitor sizes (I am using 15.6 inches 4K display) and High resolution since scaling is necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This behavior has been around for some time, but here goes, maybe they will pick this up to fix it.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro on macOS.
    I open Adobe Bridge and choose Color Settings to choose a color setting and synchronize across Adobe apps.
    I open Adobe Acrobat Pro. I choose Preferences and go to Color Management. As expected, it shows "Synchronized..." etc. I choose a different panel in Preferences, and then close it.
    Now, open Adobe Bridge or Acrobat. Now, the Color Settings is Unsynchronized.
    Basically, it looks as though if I ever select and open the Color Management panel…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The PDF Recovery Tool is a one-stop solution to retrieve your lost PDF file data. This utility allows recovering corrupted and damaged PDF Files. Furthermore, it offers two modes of recovery: standard mode and advanced mode. The software works with multiple versions of Windows OS and PDF files generated by Adobe Acrobat variants.

read more:- https://www.datarecoveryfreeware.org/pdf-recovery-tool/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Acrobat Reader DC 22.001.20117 completely freezes in this scenario:
    * deselect from the signature validation preferences "Verify signatures when the document is opened";
    * open a signed document and validate the signature(s) (tested using "Validate All".
    The only way is to close it from the Task Manager.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When opening the attached PDF Acrobat DC on Windows and Mac don't display the image. Sometimes they also report an error: There was an error while reading a stream. I haven't been able to reliably get it to report that error.

To reproduce open the PDF in Acrobat DC. There should be a large photo filling the page. Instead the image isn't loaded and the background is white. If you load the PDF in any other PDF viewer you will see the image.

Reproduced in MacOS 12.3.1 and Acrobat DC 2022.001.20112 and Windows 10 running Acrobat DC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the newest update, I can highlight the redaction, but the "apply" button remains dim, with no further instruction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When opening a PDF with a long name, extracting pages as separate files leads to unexpectedly truncated names in the output PDF files, specifically around the 32nd characters.

Steps to reproduce:
    Create a new PDF in Adobe Acrobat. A blank page will do.
    Save the PDF under this name: 0000000000000000000000000123abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789
    Open the Page Thumbnails view and right-click on the page and select "Extract Pages..."
    In the Extract Pages dialog, enable "Extract Pages as Separate Files" and then save anywhere.
    The resulting file name will be truncated to the first 32 characters and last 32 characters, resulting in a loss of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the moment from InDesign, when exporting interactive documents, we have Publish Online or Interactive PDFs. Neither of which support reviewing/commenting very well.

When trying to use the commenting tools in Acrobat you cannot select text for replacement in any rollover state textboxes. Uploading interactive documents to the document cloud only supports static pages, InDesign's own review document functionality doesn't support interactivity and Publish Online doesn't support any means of providing feedback - although it does support interactivity.

Come on Adobe! The web has been alive to interactivity since day 0. You are supposed to be the defacto authority on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My work includes creating MS Word docs that can have a lot of footnotes. Because of its benefits, I often use "Save as Adobe PDF" when I am ready to file the document, which much be in PDF form. However, sometimes the resulting PDF does not match the original MS Word doc. That is, the last line or so on a page in the MS Word doc ends up being moved in the conversion, so it appears on the next page in the pdf. This increases over the rest of the document, so that the resulting pdf. does not match,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For three main reasons, students commonly have trouble writing research papers. They are unable to comprehend the language, the writing style, or the subject.
    This is why students in Los Angeles seek the help of SourceEssay Dissertation Proofreading Services. Our business provides students with the opportunity to purchase research papers online.
    There are four easy suggestions that can help you improve the quality of your research papers.
    To begin, each activity is accompanied by a set of instructions that explain how to perform the task. It also describes the structure, referencing style, length, and, most importantly, uniqueness of the assignment.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the Acrobat export dialogue (File > Export to) I'd like to be able to export just a single page as e.g. a PNG file. When adding PDFs to websites we often need to create an image of the front page to use as a button or link to download the PDF. Currently we have to export the whole document and then delete the pages we don't need. A simple 'select page to export' would do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Dynamics Adobe Sign, the recipient type is limited to signer and a few other options. Need too add in Delegator as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To ensure that assistive technologies can parse tables, headers that are repeated across pages should be marked as artifacts. This is recommended by the PDF Association's Tagged PDF Best Practice Guide: Syntax: https://www.pdfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/TaggedPDFBestPracticeGuideSyntax.pdf . However, this structure is not followed by PDFMaker when converting from Word to PDF.

Steps to reproduce the issue
    1. Open the attached Word document.
    2. Go to Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Press Save.
    4. Open the resulting PDF (also attached).
    5. Open the Tags panel (View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Tags).
    6. Expand the <Table> tag.

Environment (OS, other related application versions,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Acrobat XI Pro it was possible to undock the comment list into it's own window. That feature was highly useful but has been removed in current Acrobat DC Pro. Please restore that capability to Acrobat to make the commenting tool more useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When adding layers to a PDF need an option to make the background (of the added layer) transparent - this would allow a base CMY to show through multiple K layers (showing different plate change versions) allowing registration to be verified

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A new bug in Adobe.

When combining Word docs (and I believe it may affect other file types), the file name cannot be very long. Not sure how many characters but not very many. This is causing inefficiencies in my work where I publish research articles and the file name contains important information to identify each article. Having to shorten the file name wastes time. If this is an unintentional bug, please fix it!

The error received is "No PDF file was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error". Less than helpful generic message leading me to believe this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not an idea. Just please make it work on large plan sheets like it used too please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to propose that in the drop-down list application we can add a long text to it and that it appears completely on the form. I currently have a problem with this since the texts in my drop-down list are long and unfortunately they do not appear completely on the form. It would be interesting to add a parameter which authorizes the line to return itself automatically as it is possible in Excel. Thanks very much !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello,
    I'm using a MX Anywhere 3 mouse on my Mac and unfortunately it's not possible to change the scroll speed using the mouse in scroll view compared to 1 page view. Changing the scroll speed in macOS' settings or Logi Options has no effect on acrobat.

Sincerely

Marius

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?