Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Paste in Place

A preset setting to paste copied elements in place would a valuable improvement.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please restore ability to copy and paste comment shapes (arrow, line, rectangle, oval) from one PDF to another

Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Smooth Scrolling

We want real smooth scrolling (not just continuous scrolling).

I mean that kind of scroll we get when using a web browser. SMOOTH scrolling! It would also look like dragging text with a "hand tool" in Reader but with a mouse wheel.

Current method makes text jump one or three lines at a time (depending on your mouse settings), which pretty much irritating!

I appreciate your attention.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide a Preference to condense the Comments panel

I often deal with PDFs with hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of edits. The Comments panel in Acrobat DC includes way too much blank space, including a title line ("Strikethrough Text", "Highlighted Text", etc.) and needlessly provides a default "Type your reply..." area for every comment. This isn't Facebook (meaning, replies aren't always necessary). Please provide preferences that allow comments to appear in more compact form, as they did with Acrobat X or Acrobat 11.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tool bars in acrobat Pro DC

DC Pro is very flash with some nice fearures. However, It is extremely frsutrating that it is not possible to open more than one tool bar at a time. For example - it is not unusual to want to edit AND comment - as this requires two tool bars for access to the different tools, there is a slow and annoying requirement to close and open tool bars when trying to edit and comment on work . Please consider reviewing. This was so much more efficient in Acrobat 10. thanks

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make "enhance thin lines" and option to turn on NOT DEFAULT SETTING

having this checked as a default setting is offensive to clients and vector artists...lets be professional and turn this off as the DEFAULT in the next upgrade for Adobe Acrobat Pro....it has been this way to long.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons missing from tool bar.

The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  51 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Search Function/Box to Cloud File Storage Services (e.g. Box, Dropbox, Onedrive)

We need the ability to query a Cloud storage account for a present folder (and the ability to create a new folder) when opening or saving files directly from Adobe Acrobat.

Since it seems Adobe uses the same infrastructure for all cloud storage systems, if this is implemented for one company, I'd imagine it'd be entered for all compatible ones (Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc.).

We already have this functionality in the Microsoft Office integrations of these same cloud providers, so using Acrobat significantly slows the process of opening or saving files from the cloud when one has to go through…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
    We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
    We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
    Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.

Thanks
    Rachit.

10. Multiple highlight colour palette

To support quickly highlighting text with an array of colours (for tagging and coding text)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Acrobat needs an append option... or at least print multiple docs to a Portfolio

Acrobat needs an append option... or the ability to print multiple docs to a Portfolio.
    All of the competitors have an option to print multiple files and add to single document. Acrobat even allows you to append scans to exiting pdfs. Why is there no option that does not require you to save multiple pdfs and then combine them. Seems easy enough... but when you have users refusing to switch platforms because they email statements to customers all day, the added steps of saving and combining documents would literally add hours a day to their workflow, You are not going…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More user friendly arrangement of Quick Tools area

I have just installed the latest "Acrobat Standard DC", and I'm disappointed to find that still the way in which you have to personalise the "Quick Tools" area is not user friendly.
    Apart from having a mandatory set of icons on the left (I can't see an easy way of removing them), the way you have to add / remove icons is annoying - right-clicking on the quick tools bar then selecting or deselecting an item to have the menu disappear so you have to right-click and find the item again and again...! Then not being able to change the…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Acrobat Windows 10 Crash

My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Acrobat CC excessive Ram usage

Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Organize attachments into folders or categories

We have many attachments to each of our PDF files. It would be really great if the attached files could be organized by folder of category and not alphabetically. Please see attachment for an example.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Inherit Zoom setting for all bookmarks (Court requirements for filing electronic documents)

The standard setting for a bookmark is Fit Width. The ability to change that to Inherit Zoom or other setting is necessary as the Courts require bookmarked documents with Inherit Zoom setting. It takes 8 clicks per bookmark to change this. There is no way to select all bookmarks and change them all at once or make a permanent setting. I submit Administrative Records with hundreds, sometimes thousands of bookmarks and each one of those has to be individually clicked on and changed - x 8 clicks. Very tedious and time consuming.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide Option to Hide Welcome / Home /Startup Screen

My Acrobat Pro DC opens automatically when I boot my Mac.
    Each time I have to close the annoying start-up screen where the last documents are displayed. I don’t need it! Please provide an option again to disable this feature as it where in past versions of Acrobat. Thank you.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rotation on the text boxt

Allow the text box to be rotated

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. HIghlighting Text

For the highlight function, there should be the ability to change colors easily. Right now the process is cumbersome and time-consuming. When I have to be able to access my highlighted test for citations, it would be wonderful to be able to export to word documents with a click.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    We have been looking into this issue, will let you know once we plan to release the fix.

Regards,
    Arvind

20. Editing or creating new stamps involves too many steps

I'm required to fill in a lot of forms with my signature and the date. And since the date always changes, I edit my signature image in PSD and then bring it in to Acrobat and make (or edit) a stamp. But in Acrobat the process of editing a stamp with a new image is grueling! ... 10 steps! (see attached).

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base