Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10530 results found

1. Can we get the Acrobat XI version of the Scanning stuff back? This multiple page setup in order to get to scanning a document is horrendous. When you update things, try to avoid bloating them into more steps, more bells and whistles that are just eye candy and do little to enhance anything....I like when we go update and find out that the newer version has less garbage on it, less junk added to it for overall performance gain instead of the industry standard of new versions = more bloated programming = less productivity and horrible GUI - Why does…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The mother-tongue of the people living in the state of Odisha is Odia language. Around 45 million (http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/censusinfoindia_pca/) of people in India and abroad speak Odia language. Odia is a primarily spoken language in the Indian states of Odisha, parts of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. Odia is the official language of Odisha and the second official language of Jharkhand.

The Union Cabinet of India classified Odia as classical language on 20-February-2014. (https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=103967). So far Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia have been declared as classical languages in Indian subcontinent.

Therefore Adobe is…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to change the margins and the paragraph spacing on a simple document with just 4 pages.

YOU MUST GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND MAKE YOUR TOOLS MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY TO THE AVERAGE PERSON. UNTIL ADOBE FIGURES OUT HOW TO MAKE THEIR TOOLS MORE USER-FRIENDLY, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE CUSTOMERS IN THE MEANTIME. GREAT TOOLS AND RESOURCES - awful user-friendly applications. When we spend 2 hours with an Adobe customer support person on chat who cannot even do this simple task with time efficiency, then it is clear to…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

4. Adobe fails to open files when a file path & name exceed MAX_PATH. Windows no longer has a hard path character limit if the LongPathsEnabled key is set in the registry. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Modern applications are adopting this new standard with the mentioned file management hooks provided by the OS.

Adobe is falling behind in this regard. Please add proper Long Path support.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A fully functional spell checker is necessary for Acrobat DC (17.009).

Frequently I get documents requiring proof-reading and the only option is to export as a DOCX, run a spell checker there and, for every error, go back to DC and either comment the error or correct it myself. Not ideal, to say the least.

Such functionality would also provide useful features. For example, to check French text has the correct accents or, even, being able to "translate" from US English to British English

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

6. It would be very useful to be able to scroll 2 pdfs simultaneously as in office tools.
    Best would be to be able to scroll side by side with the possibility to do it Synchronously or not (in case of different number of pages).

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat needs to be multithreaded. I have a top of the line machine with 32g of ram and an I7-6700k processor an m2 SSD, yet am unable to successfully run OCR on a 4000 page document without splitting it up into 250-500page chunks, which is cumbersome. Even then, acrobat will only use 12% of my resources.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I HATE the new layout of the Acrobat PRO, it is the most frustrating layout. I have been using Acrobat for YEARS and everytime there is an update it gets worse and worse. There is nothing intuitive about the layout of the tools or that you have icons with no words to express what they stand for. I liked having the menu bar across the top. Please at least give us an option of how to go back to the old style! My workflow is constantly interrupted to have to figure things out!

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new interface makes Acrobat unusable for me. It is counter-intuitive, not intuitive. I can't find the tools I use. I don't even know if they exist anymore. I use it all day for commenting on documents and I can't find the tools such as text callout, circle, arrow, or line. This is only one of many problems. Thankfully you allowed me to revert to the old design. Without the old interface availability, I would need to abandon Adobe Acrobat as a viable product.
    If Acrobat was a car the new interface would be equivalent to removing the steering wheel…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe Acrobat DC keeps turning off the shadows of my explorer windows. Changing the theme in Acrobat doesn't help.

Workaround if you encounter this problem:

1. Windows key + r
    2. Run: sysdm.cpl
    3. Advanced
    4. on Performance -> Settings
    5. Under Visual Effects tab -> Show shadows under windows -> Apply

Probably repeat after restarting Acrobat

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We want real smooth scrolling (not just continuous scrolling).

I mean that kind of scroll we get when using a web browser. SMOOTH scrolling! It would also look like dragging text with a "hand tool" in Reader but with a mouse wheel.

Current method makes text jump one or three lines at a time (depending on your mouse settings), which pretty much irritating!

I appreciate your attention.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I HATE the new interface. Please return it. It is not space friendly nor user friendly on my end. I use Adobe quite a bit and this is costing me time and efficiency.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove this new interface. Due to the update all settings of my old interface (shortcuts, custom button position) are lost and I have to set up my "workspace" new.
    Stop deleting the users setting when an update is made - while we pay 700 Euro per year and person.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Absolutely HATE the new interface. Hate it so much so I am taking valuable time out of my day to come here and make this post. Be interesting to see if anyone with Adobe even looks at these posts.

First, I struggle to see anyway, so making TINY LITTLE ICONS MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR!!!

I have to hover over said icons to see what they are even for then strain to see what the pop up says.

I need to be able to advance pages, zoom, etc from THE TOP OF THE DOCUMENT…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Most of the time when there is an upgrade you get used to it and after a while see the benefits of it or at least accept the change.
    But I have never seen such an awfull designed UI like with the latest Upgrade.
    Everything is moved for no reason where we are used to locations of buttons and functions. Why is the Save button on top right where in 99% of all other applications its top left same for print etc.

If someone works with this the first time, he might gets used to it but for me personally…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new layout for Adobe Reader is ****. There is no easy way to find out how to turn it back to the normal default layout.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Put all the commands and buttons back where they were.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add the ability to disable creating a shortcut to the desktop when installing on Windows.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?