Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. DC Pro is very flash with some nice fearures. However, It is extremely frsutrating that it is not possible to open more than one tool bar at a time. For example - it is not unusual to want to edit AND comment - as this requires two tool bars for access to the different tools, there is a slow and annoying requirement to close and open tool bars when trying to edit and comment on work . Please consider reviewing. This was so much more efficient in Acrobat 10. thanks

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please create a functionality to save all tabs with one click. Currently we need to go through every tab to save them. And while at it, close all and print all -functions would come handy too.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I often deal with PDFs with hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of edits. The Comments panel in Acrobat DC includes way too much blank space, including a title line ("Strikethrough Text", "Highlighted Text", etc.) and needlessly provides a default "Type your reply..." area for every comment. This isn't Facebook (meaning, replies aren't always necessary). Please provide preferences that allow comments to appear in more compact form, as they did with Acrobat X or Acrobat 11.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. having this checked as a default setting is offensive to clients and vector artists...lets be professional and turn this off as the DEFAULT in the next upgrade for Adobe Acrobat Pro....it has been this way to long.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat needs an append option... or the ability to print multiple docs to a Portfolio.
    All of the competitors have an option to print multiple files and add to single document. Acrobat even allows you to append scans to exiting pdfs. Why is there no option that does not require you to save multiple pdfs and then combine them. Seems easy enough... but when you have users refusing to switch platforms because they email statements to customers all day, the added steps of saving and combining documents would literally add hours a day to their workflow, You are not going…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the text box to be rotated

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we please have the ability to draw real shapes (rectangles,circles, etc) in the Edit PDF view? I know that we can draw these shapes in the Comment view but it's not good enough - doing it that way makes it impossible to adjust certain aspects of the shapes (like, "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front" - those options do not exist in the Comments view, but when you go to the Edit PDF view, shapes that were drawn in the Comments view are untouchable. They are always on Top and obscure anything else that is in the PDF…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need the ability to query a Cloud storage account for a present folder (and the ability to create a new folder) when opening or saving files directly from Adobe Acrobat.

Since it seems Adobe uses the same infrastructure for all cloud storage systems, if this is implemented for one company, I'd imagine it'd be entered for all compatible ones (Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc.).

We already have this functionality in the Microsoft Office integrations of these same cloud providers, so using Acrobat significantly slows the process of opening or saving files from the cloud when one has to go through…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We have many attachments to each of our PDF files. It would be really great if the attached files could be organized by folder of category and not alphabetically. Please see attachment for an example.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Acorbat Pro DC is so slow it is almost unusable. I am ready to find an other .pdf creator. I have tried every fix found in the forums and nothing has substantially helped.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save. 'Save as'. CMD + S. It doesn't matter how I attempt, I cannot save regular PDFs from inside Acrobat. I have to create an 'optimized PDF' in order to save any of my work inside of Acrobat. I have been loving the functionality of the new Acrobat, but now I can't even save. Very frustrating.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create shortcut on Home page to "Create PDF from Scan". A lot of users primarily use Acrobat to create pdfs from paper. It shouldn't take 4 mouse clicks to get this done. Also, there is now no way to use keyboard shortcuts to effect a scan. Alt-F-R-S is as far as one can go because the new blue Scan button does not have a keyboard shortcut.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When macs left unattended and Acrobat pro running the application increasing consumes CPU time and memory. Coming in the next morning my machine is extremely slow to respond. This is happening on two mac machines I use.. one Sierra 10.12.6 and one High sierra. Both machine regularly use MS office applications and Saffari and Chrome browsers. Both utilize Mcafee. Acrobat will not close unless being forced to do so.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the setting of maximum font size for a field when creating a fillable form. This will prevent huge text in a field if there is a small amount of text but would still allow text to reduce in size automatically to fit within the field if needed.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rather than re-ordering and re-arranging pdfs within a combined file, I would like to be able to determine the order files are compiled. This can be by file title (alphabetically) or others. Right now when I combine several files into one pdf, they are scrambled out of order and I have to rearrange manually which can be cumbersome for larger compilations.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I host a G Suites account for my business and it would be great it Adobe & G Suite integrated together for auto-saving and collaboration with documents

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?