Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. When I try to convert a web page in Firefox to pdf using the icon on top right corner, it often does not work. If I try the convert to pdf using the print command on the right dropdown list, the optionto print, then adobe pdf will convert the same page to a perfect pdf. What is wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, I recently installed the Acrobat Firefox add on. Here are the issues:

1. it takes an enormous amount of time for the conversion process to complete

2. As you will see in the attached screencast, the "open pdf in acrobat" option is turned off, yet acrobat application opens anyway. either way, you will see that i'm logged into the account and logged in to the document icloud.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Gesucht ist folgendes: ein Prozess soll einfach einen Ordner alleine überwachen und dann, wenn ein Scanner dort eine Datei ablegt, die OCR-Funktion alleine starten und das Ergebnis in einen anderen Ordner speichern.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When selecting text or illustrations, ACROBAT DC (v 2019.012) does not highlight anymore, instead the selected object is pixelated in seeming random colors. this makes it impossible to recognize selected text (depending on foreground/background contrast).
    particularly an issue when searching PDF and the highlights can not be seen.
    tried re-installing etc. with no success

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The step in the export process in which the tool presents the options related to locations for saving the exported file has a blank screen that never completes the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is dropping Excel formatting (boxes around cells) when converted to PDF document. It also will not allow a PDF document to be changed and resaved as the same file name. You now have to save as a new file name every time, which makes it impossible to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have to use Editable Text and Image for our national database to add our header on the top of pdf documents filed in our database.
    Regardless of scanner used, OCR is not is not seeing the underlines as a solid line. It looks like a bunch of underscores. This results in the numbers above it to become distorted. Sometimes the amounts are not readable.
    here are times the line comes through looking like this: _----------__
    Are settings are 300 dpi, black and white document, OCR on / Editable Text and Images, front side. We have changed the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add a default option in Preferences that auto detects that a created pdf has attachments and sets the opening property to show attachments...

Same for bookmarks... If the native record has bookmarks for sections, have a property option to auto populate bookmarks in the pdf and set default property to open showing bookmarks

Instead of a default property to either show attachments or bookmarks upon opening, create an option to show both bookmarks and attachments contemporaneous upon opening, if the native document has attachments and bookmarks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I like the quick-access to the Tools in Acrobat, but please allow us to select WHICH 4 tools we see. The defaults are Create PDF, Export PDF, Fill&Sign, and Protect, but in my workflow, I almost never use these tools. I use Edit PDF, Combine Files, Organize Pages, and Prepare Form daily, and would very much like to have these on my front page.
    Also, I have the Mobile app already. How do I get rid of the ad asking me to download it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fujitsu fi-7160 scans disappear (crash) using the "Create new from scanner" option only. All other scanning works as intended.

the same issue occurs with WIA or the Twain drivers. All drivers and the program is fully updated.

Please help

Ed Brooks

• <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    • <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-17T17:28:02.962994900Z" /> <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>KCO-1021.kuenzicpas.local</Computer> <Security /> </System>
    • <EventData> <Data>Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>19.12.20034.1161</Data> <Data>5ccb9be1</Data> <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>10.0.17134.319</Data> <Data>c1f0557a</Data> <Data>c0000409</Data> <Data>000a24cb</Data> <Data>4528</Data> <Data>01d50cd5c99f40b6</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>3b536a66-c051-4f0d-9b70-02f7f014d22d</Data> <Data /> <Data /> </EventData> </Event>
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi. Our users are getting attached error when trying to install Adobe. Any idea how to fix? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. [Bug Report] - Acrobat DC will not open with MacOS Mojave V 10.14.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Something is preventing Acrobat from converting PDFs to image files such as jpeg, png, tiff. Never had this problem before.

Whether I do "export" or "save as' there is no file created

Mine in 9.5.5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I search for text in a PDF, the application begins to find instances of that text, then closes without warning or error messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The output file is super small.It is like 1/100th of the original size. Not useable at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The icon for Adobe Acrobat DC, is (for me) a blank piece of paper. This happens with no other Adobe apps but with Acrobat and it is really displeasing not knowing where to click in the task bar. Please fix it! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For legal and compliance reasons, my industry often requires large numbers of items (50+) to be available in our dropdown fields.

These items often require review and/or quick corrections/edits, and it can be very frustrating to scan for the needed item in the list when the display box can only view 4 or 5 items at a time.

It is also a frustration when the horizontal length of a field is longer than the box size.

Allowing the box to be dragged at the corner to increase the x and y lengths would be a small but tremendously helpful ui…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, if I send a fillable form to someone, they can't change the font they enter into the fillable fields. It would be great if they could change the font to suit them rather than have to keep the font that I've assigned. OR if I could assign a font and have it appear on the PDF at their end rather than converting to a default font if they don't have that particular font on their computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Please select “Allow Rich Text Formatting” for the text field in the “Options” tab of the Properties dialog box.

Formatting options are available on “Right Click”
    And font can be changed using the “text toolbar”, using the shortcut key CTRL+E or CMD+E.

I hope this help

20. Current version Adobe Pro crashing on scanning after 5 pages on some users
    Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6cc
    Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6a2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003c2ad
    Faulting process id: 0x26b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ea3757165205
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
    Report Id: 995f39a0-972b-4112-81b8-525cca3e6d69
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)