Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Version 2018.009.20050
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I save a portfolio in Split Vertical view.
    When I reopen the portfolio, it has Split Horizontal view.

Acrobat should remember it was last in Split Vertical view.

Setting Split Vertical view should also be an option in the Properties of a Portfolio PDF.

Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since upgrading my iMac to MAC OS 10.13 Adobe Acrobat DC has become horribly unstable. It crashes constantly, but inconsistently. Sometimes it crashes when it's just open and sitting in the background. Sometimes it crashes when I'm attempting to open a PDF. It crashes regularly when I'm attempting to edit a PDF into a form. I don't get any on screen feedback except the dialog boxes asking if I want to report the "unexpected quit" to Apple, and then Adobe. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can see certain documents were created in MS Word with simple follow on/flowing text and standard paragraph styles ie no **** text boxes. Even with the export options turned off, Acrobat does this incredibly annoying export to text boxes where it is simply run-on (flowing) text. You then have to extract the text, box by box to get the document to be in an editable form. Even exporting to rtf has similar issues. Exporting to plain text means you have to format.

In the end, you waste valuable time either extracting the text or having to reformat the text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am disappointed that your company has decided to remove the read allowed option. As a dyslexic masters graduate who is now studying for a degree in a different subject you are actively discriminating against people with protected disabilities. I am very angry and upset by you discrimination and prejudice because you have a monopoly in the market place. You are using peoples disabilities to make money so they have to buy an advanced product. I hope that the media runs a story about this and your disregard for legislation concerning disabilities. I feel upset and angry at your biased…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caroline,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Can you please tell me where are you not able to use Read Out Loud.
    Read Out Loud functionality is still available and is in use. There is not decision to remove it.
    Please share the steps and the OS details where you are facing this issue.

Please update to latest version to have the latest features.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. Please, please can we have the option to show the Zoom Value (percentage) on the main toolbar. I can't use the 'out of toolbar' display as it disappears, and can't keep taking the mouse down to show the disappearing toolbar every time I want to know what zoom value I'm at.

Thanks
    Mike

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Adobe... for over 20 years I have used Adobe products and with one or two tiny exceptions in the early years, and absolutely loved them all. Photoshop, Design, Creative Suite, Premier Pro you name it I've probably bought it and in many cases bought literally dozens of copies for numerous functions and colleagues too many to mention (see my old Adobe account). One of these which I have used almost daily for years was Adobe Acrobat Pro. I still have 11.0.23 running on an old laptop and it runs like a dream. Full of features and stable as mile…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the Issue that you are facing while using Acrobat DC.

Could you please specify what exactly do you feel Buggy with the latest version ?
    Also When do you face crashes/Slowness on using Acrobat.

Would help if you could send me the crash report when Acrobat crashes for you.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

8. Quit using this hunk of **** software. You've become microsoft. What a terrible, slow, cumbersome, bothersome package you've created.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently there is no easy way to create a form from scratch with numerous lines and fields. It is easier to create it in Word and then export it, but then there are issues with editing and aligning field boxes to the text. Please make a feature to snap the text boxes to field boxes so they line up perfectly and quickly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I can't email a PDF file directly from documents-just started recently. Have always been able to do so.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

Please also specify the Acrobat version you are using where this issue is occurring. You will find the version info in Help→About Adobe Acrobat.

11. Acrobat shows "Program not responding" on every single pdf file I open running windows 10 64bit. Please fix your ****** software

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When creating a signature for example drawning your own. Would be great if you could add a feature to save the exactly same signature across your devices. Because you want the signature that you draw look the same.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make it possible to Roam the User's login from PC to PC in a networked environment. My users sometimes move from desk to desk so it is frustrating to have the users login/logout every time they go to a new PC. We would like them to be able to log in once and then be auto-logged into every other machine they sign on to with their networked login (roaming profile).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

Hi Benjamin

Please take a look at the solution provided by Ravi below and let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks,
    -Amboo

14. When you manually check something like navigation links and click pass manually in the accessibility checker, it reverts back to needs manual check when you reopen the saved pdf. What is the point of allowing a manual check if you can't make it stick in the checker report?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a major problem with OCR in Acrobat Pro CD. I have recognized (OCR) text in many documents. They still contain a lot of recognition errors in the hidden text used for search. When I try to use the function/tool "Correct Recognized text" (translated from Norwegian), I get a message saying that there are no suspected errors. It is not possible to correct the remaining errors. This is just stupid, there is no 100% correct OCR program, there are lots of errors in the recognized text. There must be a way to fix the remaining errors, but your technical…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I updated to Adobe Pro 2017 and using Outlook 2013 with all current updates. When I use the Adobe PDF Maker in Outlook it will not include any jpeg files. I have verified the conversion settings are correct, I have even tried dragging a group of emails into "combine files" in Adobe 2017 but regardless the jpeg attachments to not transfer.

PLEASE HELP - I need the complete emails with all attachments for a legal case. I even purchased evermap to convert the attachments in a portfolio to PDF so they can be bates stamped. BUT if the attachment is…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How do I set my preferences so that the floating, transparent, toolbar at the bottom of my page NEVER shows.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    I would like to let you know that kindly update to latest available version of reader by doing a Help → Check for updates.

The Floating HUD toolbar will then be docked automatically into your Top toolbar.

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Ayush Jain

19. if I open an existing PDF and make changes it will not save, if I create a new PDF it will not save. I have tried save, and save as neither work. and I need this to work for my job.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also are you facing this issue with a particular document or this is a generic issue.

20. When viewing pages, they often flicker, as if they are redrawn infinitely.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?