Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. The new update does not allow custom colours for highlighting, clicked on one of their default colours and lost my original highlight colour forever... thanks Adobe

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Not only is the DC interface confusing and more time-consuming to use than the old one, but it does not comply with Section 508 of the Americans With Disability Act, which requires that the federal government, in its software procurement process, consider accessibility. Adobe Acrobat does not take into account the needs of users who rely on voice recognition software to accomplish actions that fully abled users accomplish with the mouse. When using voice recognition software, it is quick and easy to dictate a shortcut key or sequence of shortcut keys, but extremely slow, cumbersome and error-prone to get the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags should be imported. Currently the language tags are lost for the documents inserted. Adbobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe DC

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I have shared your concern with Engineering team. Meanwhile Please share some sample documents via weblink which you are trying to combine so that we can fix it for you.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. Please revert back to an older version. I hate the new DC version. I used to be able to have my frequently used toolbars readily available when I opened acrobat. Now I have to use several additional clicks to get to the tools I need. It defeats the purpose of paying for acrobat when it defaults to nothing more than a reader. I've spent considerable time looking for a setting to leave the toolbars on the side of my extremely wide screen, but they are well hidden if available at all, and I refuse to sign in to anything.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. What happened to File-Save and File-Save As? Adobe Acrobate Pro DC updated itself and they're gone.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

6. I recently discovered the new feature in Acrobat Pro DC that allows me to use the highlight tool to highlight "text" in a scanned pdf that has not been ocr'd. I tried to use it today but it would not work. Was the awesome feature removed? If so it should be brought back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Several of our clients who use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC have complained of issues printing PDF's. After troubleshooting the issue we found the cause to be the Enhanced Security option located in Security (Enhanced) in the Preferences. If this option is enabled, disabling it allows our staff to print. We even came to a point where we had to enable it and then disable it to fix printing. This issue seems to have started several weeks ago.

OS affected:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 7 Pro

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whenever I open Adobe Acrobat DC, within 10 seconds of it being open/as soon as it shows my name sign in, in the top right corner, I get the spinning wheel and app completely freezes and im have to force quit. EVERY TIME, DC is un-usable. I've uninstalled, reinstalled countless time, restarted, shutdown, nothing.

CC is up to date
    Running on MAC OS 10.11.6 (el capitan)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since the update approximately 2-weeks ago, Adobe Acrobat Standard crashes (with a "not responding") at just opening a document about 5-times a day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I search for text on the page, the "highlight" that indicates the presence of that word on the page is IMPOSSIBLE to see. We need some way of really making text STAND OUT. For, example, in the image below I've searched for the word "chair." Can YOU see it? (hint: 22.18)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. STOP THE POPUPS!!! I KNOW HOW TO USE ACROBAT AND AM SICK OF ADOBE'S INCESSANT MARKETING WHILE I'M TRYING TO GET WORK DONE!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a file is shared using a link in Acrobat Pro DC, the page that opens tries to open the file. The problem with this is that some of the features don't work properly on this page (such as portfolios and initial views within portfolios). Please make the download button more prominent so that user can open the file in the Acrobat software easier.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A number of people continue to think it's a "bug" rather than a "feature" that the pan tool selects images & text by default in Acrobat DC. And they ought to be right, this is not a desirable feature for a pan tool, vice a select tool. In fact, it's why you have a select tool in the first place: to select images & text.

Pan tools PAN, as allow you to navigate through the document by clicking & dragging. This feature is literally defeated by having it select images and text when you click & drag. As such, it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. What happened to the +/- zoom function? I need the ability to manually input the % of a zoom when comparing files; so that I am comparing "apples" to "apples" when it comes to the percentage size the the zooms. Why does it seem that every new version of Acrobat worse than the previous version?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Zoom Percentage Disappears from the Toolbar when you turn off the option to "Open Documents as new tabs in the same window"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In previous versions, I could highlight text and the highlighting would print when the document was printed. Now it does not.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I often receive PDFs but after opening them, decide not to keep them and delete them. Nevertheless, the file name still appears on the Recent File List when I say I want to open a file for editing. This makes it harder to find still existing files that I want to edit. At the minimum, be able to click on a file name on the Recent File List to highlight it and then delete that name (via Delete key or pulldown option). Even better would be to also add a option that I can click on that highlights files on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a download button which facilitates a download to the customer's computer instead of just getting the page address downloaded

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Could you be more specific? Where do you expect a download button? Also, what do you mean by ‘page address downloaded’?

• Don't see your idea?