Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10658 results found

1. Acrobat needs an append option... or the ability to print multiple docs to a Portfolio.
    All of the competitors have an option to print multiple files and add to single document. Acrobat even allows you to append scans to exiting pdfs. Why is there no option that does not require you to save multiple pdfs and then combine them. Seems easy enough... but when you have users refusing to switch platforms because they email statements to customers all day, the added steps of saving and combining documents would literally add hours a day to their workflow, You are not going…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My Idea is this: stop wasting precious developer time fixing things that AREN'T BROKEN! Geez, who wants to learn an all-new interface in in order to do the same work they've always done? Geez, you people have lost touch with reality. Software is supposed to support the users, making their productivity higher, and easier. Changfing interfaces does not do that Thank God someone was smart enough to include a Disable option! But you should have saved your energy for something important. Because all that time and effort making a less useable interface for me was a complete waste. Blind users…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My idea is that "rearraigning" everything doesn't make things better. People who use tools like to have the function remain the same. This new interface is terrible. Changing the way things look all the time should be left to social media pages. Adobe is for work. My workflow is not improved with this change, it's worse.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Th new userinterface is all over the place. We have a big grey unused border at the right and some random icons and tools at the left. It's not possible to move te tools from the left to the right, so theres always a toolbox above the pdf I want to read, while the right border is half empty. This is horrible, non-efficient and really annoying while reading.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new install of Adobe DC is terrible. There was no reason to change the user interface and make the program so MAC Like.

The changes to the interface are causing our agency to incur tremendous down time and loss of productivity. Nothing about the new user interface is intuitive or helpful!

Is there any way to reinitiate the older menu driven interface? We can not even utilize the certificate signing that was used regularly with the previous version of Adobe Acrobat.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After install of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Release (Classic) Version 2020.005.30362 on a brand new Macbook Pro (14 in., 2021) with Apple M1 Max running Monterey version 12.4 already with Microsoft Office successfully installed and working fine, opening Powerpoint or Word for Mac version 16.63.1 (22071401) in Office Home & Business gives multiple, successive Adobe-related Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime Error '53'. Multiple calls with tech support do not resolve the problem. Following advice at https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/run-time-error-53-and-acrobat-freezing-up-not-responding-quot/m-p/11823639 resolves the MS Word errors, but does not resolve the MS Powerpoint errors.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the text box to be rotated

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hate this new format. The sidebar icons are too small. The quick tools is not intuitive. Why was it necessary to move the pages and bookmarks to the right when we are accustomed to seeing them on the left. Really frustrated that I can't revert to classic layout or rearrange the tool bars to my preferences. I also don't like that I can't remove drawing and signing from the quick toolbars. I rarely use those features. Just a really poor update with no recourse for the user.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we please have the ability to draw real shapes (rectangles,circles, etc) in the Edit PDF view? I know that we can draw these shapes in the Comment view but it's not good enough - doing it that way makes it impossible to adjust certain aspects of the shapes (like, "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front" - those options do not exist in the Comments view, but when you go to the Edit PDF view, shapes that were drawn in the Comments view are untouchable. They are always on Top and obscure anything else that is in the PDF…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When the system setting on macOS for "Show scroll bars" is set to "Always", Adobe Acrobat does not honor this setting.

If you toggle the setting in macOS system settings to another option and then back to "Always", the scroll bar shows up.

If you close the PDF or Acrobat, or open a different PDF, the scroll bar disappears.

The scrollbar should always be present on all PDF's when this setting is checked in the macOS System Settings, OR an option should be available in the Adobe Acrobat preferences with similar functionality.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1
    Build: 23.6.20320.0
    AGM:…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. It is extremely hard to find things. Just as an example, I struggled with as simple a task as printing. It is not at all obvious to find the print button. No other application I use makes this as difficult as your new UI.
    2. This may either be another example of point 1, or the function is missing. Where is the button to display info about the application? The "About Acrobat" button? I can't find it.
    3. The application wastes massive amounts of my screen space. Stick to the purpose of the application and just display the document. I don't need…
    35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Working in the medical field, it would be extremely helpful if I could convert a pdf to an EDI file. This would allow me to upload the file into the EMR system and auto post payments.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to lock the Comment Tools and/or my personal Custom Tools to the top of the Toolbar so they automatically show up each time you open a .pdf file. I use the Comment Tools quite frequently and it would make it much easier if I don't have to add them each time I open a .pdf file. Also, it seems strange my personal Custom Tools show up on the right side of the file. I would think they would show up on the top Toolbar.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need the ability to query a Cloud storage account for a present folder (and the ability to create a new folder) when opening or saving files directly from Adobe Acrobat.

Since it seems Adobe uses the same infrastructure for all cloud storage systems, if this is implemented for one company, I'd imagine it'd be entered for all compatible ones (Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc.).

We already have this functionality in the Microsoft Office integrations of these same cloud providers, so using Acrobat significantly slows the process of opening or saving files from the cloud when one has to go through…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why can we not set a default font in our editing tool. One already seems to be the default, but I can't change it.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Go back to the old layout appearance as this new one sucks. You have taken what once just lived in the old file menu bar, hen taken it and shifted repeatable functionalities to the right hand side bar in the previous "new layout", but this "new simplified" layout takes that and now gives you two side bars and almost no functional "settings" adjustments you can make all from one place. You have decentralized all the settings, options, and tools thus making it look more sparse but in actuality making it less simplified.

Do better.

Don't change the appearance and functionalities…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The dialog to configure a digital signature currently requires the use of a mouse. If the steps cannot be completed with a keyboard alone, the interface is not accessible.

Please fix this.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add the ability to set defaults for the Share feature, So that Send as Attachment can be set as the default

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?