Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhanced Search for PDF index search

1. Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search should be supported. Instead currently the user has to type and enter search for the search results.

2. Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search with number of hits found should be shown before hitting the search

3. Searching should be as fast as google. 10,000 pdf files of 100kb each and type ahead search should be less than a second

4. Other than scroll bar for navigating the results there should be a easier way to filter the search results.

5. Grouping of folders wise doesn't…
    8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save all tabs with one click

Please create a functionality to save all tabs with one click. Currently we need to go through every tab to save them. And while at it, close all and print all -functions would come handy too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF Thumbnails in PDF Portfolio : Portfolio/ View / Layout

In Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Classic & Acrobat Pro 2017 the PDF icons on the left are quite large in Portfolio / View /Layout . It would be great if PDF Thumbnails could be enabled like in Windows explorer by checking the preference in General . I realise not all file thumbnails for all types of files could easily be created ( example Excel , Word )etc ..but we combine a lot of PDF secured files into a Portfolio & the thumbnail PDF view would really be a great feature in Portfolio/View / Layout
    Windows 7 Pro 32 bit &…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing Adobe Sign Documents Before anyone signs using Workflows

Editing Adobe Sign Documents Before anyone signs in Workflows. You need to allow people to edit email addresses, documents, etc before anyone signs just like you do in the Send tab but for Workflows.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. crashes when scaning multiple pages

crashes when scaning multiple pages

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User Product Report

Within the Adobe Admin Console an administrator does not have the capability to export user data identifying which product is assigned to the user. To run the reports you have to drill to every product and export the data. I asked for the report from tech support and they said the feature I am requesting is not available but to request to it added as a feature. On the feature wish form drop list it does not specify Admin functions so I chose first Adobe product on the list. The function to export all user data to understand the products…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PATH AND FILE NAME INSERT OPTION

I would like to see a feature added to Acrobat that would allow Acrobat to stamp the path (location) and name of the document which was created. I am attaching an example of a document created with a different program in which the feature is highlighted..

It would also be great if that stamp would adjust and change as the document is renamed, moved or received and saved by the receiving party.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to eliminate words with mixed number and letters in OCR

Provide a check off that functions to prevent the OCR from mixing numbers and symbols in words.
    For example: Custodian should not be read Cu&t0d1an - only letters should be recognized in words.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove just one header/footer and not others/remove all headers/footers

It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Out of Memory Error/Draw Error

I am running Adobe Acrobat DC on a Windows 7 machine with 16GB of RAM and an NVidia NVS 310 Graphics Card. I have no issues regarding visual display or memory with other software. When running Adobe Acrobat DC, I frequently encounter issues where the file/program crashes, giving an error that it is Out of Memory or encountering a Draw Error. This has happened while reading multiple different PDF files, usually after I have been scrolling through the file for a short time. Usually, when this message occurs the page displays as a blank white page, and if I continue…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show the total number of files in a PDF portfolio.

In Adobe X the total number of files was shown on the PDF portfolio. Please include this feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Accessibility Requests!!!

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to HIDE email data from header using Outlook PDF Conversion

After searching for days on this forum and online, I've been unable to find any solution to preventing header information from appearing on Outlook PDF conversions.

Convert to PDF in Outlook automatically creates a header in the PDF file with the Author, Recipient, Date, and Subject of the email. Not only does it cause issues with formatting (forcing the layout of emails to be pushed down an inch or so) but there are plenty of circumstances where an email subject/author/date information may need to be hidden when printing.

Portfolios allow for bulk operations on several emails. Automatic Archival also preserves…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Acrobat Pro DC crashes randomly after scan

After scan from HP Officejet Pro 8620, Acrobat just closes/crashes. Random occurrence.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi,

We regret the inconvenience that you are facing. I will take this issue with the engineering team and let you know as soon as a solution is available.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

15. Don't capture bcc data when converting Outlook emails to PDF

When doing a batch conversion of emails in an Outlook folder, all of the emails are captured in a single PDF file. However, it would be nice to restrict what information is captured. For example, I'd like to have bcc information excluded from the email-to-PDF conversion.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to move files between Document Cloud and Creative Cloud

It would be nice to be able t move files between Document Cloud and Creative Cloud.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sync reading position across devices with Document Cloud

Many books are published in PDF format, and it would be convenient if the last read position would sync across all of a user's devices for PDFs stored in Document Cloud. This convenient feature exists with e-books published for Google Play or Kindle

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adjustable Graphic scale set for Measure tool.

As an architect or an engineer, we are always managing plans with different scales that have (usually) a graphic scale for reference. The measure tool would be EXTREMELY useful if includes an option to set the scale by selecting two points on an eventual graphic scale included within an existing pdf... this will help to quickly have the pdf in scale and ready to be measured.

Please, include this feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Group/Lock text and corresponding form field together so they can be moved together

I create many forms and every time I create a text field and corresponding form field (whether text box, check box or radio button) I have to move them around separately. the text fields end up grouping together with other unrelated text fields and adjusts line spacing randomly which makes it double-triple work to move around and adjust when laying out the form. Text fields should be left individual with option to merge with other text fields if desired. It takes me way longer to create a form than necessary because i have to constantly readjust the line spacing and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for report your concern. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. We will reach out to you if we need more information.

20. Transparency grid / solid background toggle.

There should be an easy to find, one click toggle type button that changes the background from white to the transparency grid.
    I often work with PDFs with some amount of transparency for one reason or another, and when showing people that are not familiar with the transparency grid it gets confusing, so if I could quickly toggle the background to white that would help out a lot. Actually, being able to toggle bleed lines and such on and off would be a big help too.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base