Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10684 results found

1. Please let us allocate RAM to Adobe Acrobat. I have 32 GB of RAM and when I open a few heavy documents (the OECD transfer pricing guidelines in different editions), one of them comparing 2 heavy documents, everything slows down considerably. I subscribe to Creative Cloud, everything is up to date.
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H2
    OS build 19044.1526
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Copy/Paste does not work with special characters (used in Spanish, French, German, Danish etc.) anymore. Instead of letters it just leaves blank spaces in the document. Here is an example:

Copy in Acrobat Pro DC:

"Nous vérifions volontiers la possibilité d'une telle
    production spéciale pour le cas individuel."

Paste in any other program:

"Nous v rifions volontiers la possibilit  d'une telle
    production sp ciale pour le cas individuel."

I have tested this on various different computers running macOS Monterey 12.1 and Acrobat Pro DC 2021.011.20039.

The same problem existed before and was addressed in this bug report in June 2021:
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/43675632-june-2021-acrobat-update-won-t-copy-paste-special

This…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pdfs created from Microsoft Word using Acrobat PDFMaker sometimes omit entire paragraphs of text. This has been happening sporadically and unpredictably since the Sept 14 update. Pdf output has become unreliable. In all but one instance among the cases detected, the paragraph that disappears is adjacent to a graphic object--either a line or an image. The missing text is not being covered up by any other object; the text is actually not present in the pdf. A few very inconvenient workarounds are available if the omission is detected: (1) Re-create the affected page by itself instead of outputting the entire…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe pro should be able to allow users to take two pictures (pdf) and impose them on the same page - example - front and back of a drivers license (two separate scans) and be able to put them on one page

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a work computer, home computer and laptop computer that I use constantly, interchangably. I have to log out of one computer with Adobe to be able to just view a .pdf on another. It is so annoying that I am looking for a different .pdf viewer just so I don't have to deal with it. MANY people have 3 devices and with OneDrive work seamlessly. Adobe, PLEASE allow your subscribers to have 3 devices or figure out another way to not require us to log out of one computer to access a file on another.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I review a downloaded file or make changes to a document and go to save the file I get a blank "Save as PDF" window that never completes loading. If I use [ctrl][s] to save the file I get a message that I don't have write privileges for the document. The program worked fine until yesterday.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I click "Fill & Sign" then "Sign Yourself," a vertical line appears in the center of my signature and persists after I add my signature to the page. The line does not show up for the initials. This bug never existed before today (9/28).

I have tried re-opening Acrobat, rebooting my PC, and doing a repair installation, but the problem persists. I have also tried deleting the signature and re-adding, but again it persists.

Note that the signature was created with on Apple Pencil on my iPad (and saved to my account), but the problem exists in Acrobat DC…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You do not need to collect individual user dates of birth for business accounts. (Not enterprise) the admin for the business can confirm that the users are of a certain age.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are many institutions that want to use AdobeSign, but are wondering how to track the number of transactions purchased by each department. If we were able to set a transaction limit within the group this would be very beneficial. The same idea is already in place for Adobe Stock with the credits.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make some way of locating the file of the currently open PDF.

Maybe right clicking the tab and selecting "open file location" or something. It's literally impossible to figure out where your current open file is located and is quite aggravating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This software is completely useless for editing pdfs. It glitches on all my computers and makes the worker frustrated and rightfully think that Adobe should do a much better job than they have in this context. You claim to be amongst the best software companies, so let your products demonstrate your claim!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. List the last usage of a product in the Admin Console for every user.
    Highlight non users and allow the recovery of wasted licenses.

OR We could just keep on throwing money at Adobe ?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, highlighted text only shows up as "highlighted text" in the comments. Instead, show the text that was highlighted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a color background to new text boxes ie. a white background so that text placed over other text or images effectively erases what the text box is placed over allowing new text to be seen clearly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I search for text on the page, the "highlight" that indicates the presence of that word on the page is IMPOSSIBLE to see. We need some way of really making text STAND OUT. For, example, in the image below I've searched for the word "chair." Can YOU see it? (hint: 22.18)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I right click on a word or excel file and "convert to pdf" it would be better if the new pdf could save to the same folder as the original file by default. There should be an option to allow this, which I found to be a huge time saver when using Kofax Power PDF. The current adobe saving options only allow for using one pre-defined folder, or the last folder that something was saved to. This results in files being saved to the wrong location, or time wasted navigating to different folders every time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is insane, letters disappear constantly, any idea how I can fix it? I use Adobe DC and win10

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I used to deskew in Adobe Acrobat Pro whenever I OCR'ed a document. And the deskewing worked so well: every page would be rotated a tiny amount and usually the improvement was noticeable.

In Adobe Acrobat DC (on macOS 10.15.7), the "Recognize Text" function no longer performs deskewing. So I OCR and deskew using the "Enhance" function under Scan & OCR:

Scan & OCR > Enhance > Scanned Document > Deskew

However it doesn't seem to work. Although the Deskew feature is turned on in Filters under Settings, when I run Enhance, it doesn't actually deskew. (And worse, unless I…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello,

I would like to see an update to the ADMX/ADM files for Adobe DC and other versions. It is a little bit of a hassle to try and find all the features and what can be done from an administrative space by looking through pages and trying to think of what we want and what can be done. The ADMX files that I was provided by support are really out of date and do not have things like turning off cloud storage. This could easily be done via some ADMX files, but since those are not updated with possible…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently this is possible through workarounds, but it would be nice if Acrobat natively supported embedding the fonts used in forms, so when users type in the form field, their typed text appears in the designated font face.

(This essentially means bringing Acrobat up to par with online web-based HTML forms with embedded fonts using CSS.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?