Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report - Acrobat Pro DC hangs on external Javascript editor

I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot type anywhere and keyboard shortcuts do not work.

We have 19 windows 10 PC that have Adobe Reader and you cannot type anywhere. This includes the search filed, form fields, page range on printing, comments, etc. it is like the program is not accepting input from the keyboard because Ctrl + F does nothing but you can open the search by using the mouse and toolbars. You can paste into all of these fields by right click and paste but not Ctrl + V. The issue seams to be isolated to Windows 10 and the reader version. the Windows 7 machines that we have are not having the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. stop "Recent" screen on opening DC and constantly opening

Please Please stop the "Recent" screen opening, just put it back to where it was.

The checkbox that was in Preferences - Catalogue, no longer exists, for windows, (yet it does for Mac)

Thi sseems also tied into the chssck box to "stop" files opening as you are converting various files into one PDF, as as DC opens the individual files its stops the conversion process with the error "cannot continue as the xxxx file is open" i get round by being ready to close the file as it opens, but this is represents several steps backwards.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I HATE the interface - I hate it I hate it I hate it!

The GIANT icons! The in-app sending that doesn't work! The childishness of the design and interface! The distance from the powerful controls that I have come to use and count on from decades of using Acrobat pro and seeing it grow in capacity and power.

Every
    Single
    Time
    I open this, save a document, send a document, reset the screen again to show thumbnails, I curse you all.

How can it be both harder to use and more childish?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused !

Could you please let me know the exact issue you are facing so that I can suggest a workaround.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sahil

5. Comment Tools / Custom Tools

I would like to be able to lock the Comment Tools and/or my personal Custom Tools to the top of the Toolbar so they automatically show up each time you open a .pdf file. I use the Comment Tools quite frequently and it would make it much easier if I don't have to add them each time I open a .pdf file. Also, it seems strange my personal Custom Tools show up on the right side of the file. I would think they would show up on the top Toolbar.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return Acrobat to the easy, elegant program it was and not this stupid, childish UI.

Why it is impossible to have editing options as they were previously? Can a 'Classic view' be added for those of us older than 5?
    Everything in this new 'charms' based UI is fussy and time-consuming. I've been using Acrobat since its inception and now I'm having to relearn nearly everything. WHY?
    It wasn't broken, so the need to 'fix it' has created a frustrating experience.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Black Menu Font

Please consider returning the menu option's drop down menus to black letters. The current very thin grey font, while fashionable, does look very similar to the well established 'grey = unavailable' menu entries. Especially on LCD laptop screens who's hues & tone are affected by screen tilt. Thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. crop

Ctrl Alt T back please (cropping one page or all pages)

I'm not sure why you took it out, or why you hid it, but I would really like it back! I use it monthly if not weekly for work and it is WAY easier than the new version. Maybe you thought we didn't use it, but we do :-)

I have Acrobat 11, the full version. Please bring it back.

thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove just one header/footer and not others/remove all headers/footers

It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a way to remove/move Request for signatures button in Office Home ribbon

In a recent update, Adobe Acrobat added 2 buttons in Microsoft Office applications to "Request for Signatures" and "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

This integration doesn't appear in the Ribbon or in the Add-ins list, so currently there is NO way to remove/move those buttons. It is a significant problem when you work with documents side by side or in lower resolution displays because they take too much space in the ribbon and force other more important buttons/groups to collapse/hide.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add "Add Stamp" button to the customize quick toolbar pane

I would like to be able to add a dynamic stamp to the quick access toolbar, but I am not able to accomplish this. Please see attached Adobe Version and the current quick toolbar. Is this not possible with Adobe DC Pro?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Named User Licensing - Actual Usage

As Adobe System Admin for my large enterprise, I very much need the ability to run a report on demand from the Admin Console that'll identify which users are utilizing which Adobe licenses to include their last usage date. This should be quite possible given Named User licenses (Federated ID) must check in to Adobe constantly and so Adobe already tracks user interaction with licensed apps. This would very much benefit my enterprise as I will remove users who are not utilizing the products after a period of time. Reference Case ID E-000007273.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Acrobat OCR

When modifying a scanned document, Acrobat automatically launches an OCR process, which is indeed very useful. But, as I work either in French or in English, very often the language is not appropriate and it is only AFTER this process that the language is displayed. In the case of a bad language choice, I have to change the language and Acrobat restarts the OCR process with the correct language. So, I would like to suggest to add (perhaps as an option to be set in the preference dialog box) BEFORE the start of the OCR process the display of a…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add 'Send and Track' tool back to the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro application.

In the most recent update to Adobe Acrobat, you removed Share & Track tool. I realize this tool has been changed to 'Share' and the original Send and Track is still available via browser. Even so, having Send & Track within the application tools is much more convenient.

Why don't I use the new 'Share' tool? Unfortunately the Share feature does not allow us to send a protected document. It is also very clunky to format a message longer than 5 words with custom subject line.

Bring back Send and Track in the UI please.

Thanks!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC constantly looses page content on open documents, requiring me to close the document.

pdf documents not opening properly, with blank pages. It is worse if I try and scroll through the article soon after opening it. It will also loose text from the after a time not reading the document. This may be after the computer has been put to 'sleep' for a period (even a few minutes). It reports the error message 'Insufficient data for an image.' The new version is MUCH worse that previous versions. Please sort it out Adobe.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Default Font for Adding Text to PDF's

I have wasted hours upon hours of time changing my font from minion pro to arial every time I edit/add text to a new PDF, and even when I switch pages within one PDF. It should be the most basic tool offered, the ability to set a default font for all Adobe PDFs. If this does not exist yet, IT NEEDS TO, please!!!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace All

I wish Acrobat to have option "replace all" under Find and Replace.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customize Comment Pane

The comments pane takes up WAY too much space. I would like the ability to customize what I see there.

Currently in the Comments pane, it display the:

-Author Name
    -Type of Comment
    -Text within the pop-up note
    -Date and Time

Sometimes all of this information is useful, but most of the time, I don't need to see all that! It is a waste of screen space. I would like the ability to show to only those options which I need. In this case, I just want to see what is in the pop-up note, nothing more.

We can customize…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Highlighting

It would be great to have multiple colors or options so you can highlight different topics and organize your note making.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: Have one standard icon for PDF bookmarks

Have 1 icon for bookmarks wether it is created by adding a new bookmark or combining pdf files.
    If you need to add a new bookmark to a file you cannot get it to display the same icon as those created using combine pdf's. Unless they offer different functions there is nothing but confusion caused by having 2 different icons.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base