Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. I am running Adobe Acrobat DC on a Windows 7 machine with 16GB of RAM and an NVidia NVS 310 Graphics Card. I have no issues regarding visual display or memory with other software. When running Adobe Acrobat DC, I frequently encounter issues where the file/program crashes, giving an error that it is Out of Memory or encountering a Draw Error. This has happened while reading multiple different PDF files, usually after I have been scrolling through the file for a short time. Usually, when this message occurs the page displays as a blank white page, and if I continue…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you have elements with no alt-text you get accessibility errors when running the checker. However, if you right click on the error and choose "fix" and walk through the items and mark them as decorative, instead of actually making them an artifact it simply changes the tag to "Artifact" which is not a valid tag and creates other errors. You then have to go in and properly designate the objects as Artifacts properly for the other errors to go away. VERY Frustrating. Come on Adobe Acrobat!

This is a repeatable condition and needs to be fixed immediately please!

Setting…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the issue with the engineering team. We have kept it our radar and will be fixing it in the near future.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to use Reading Order tool to mark the Figure as Artifact for fixing the issue.

Please update to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC to experience new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

3. Adobe Acrobat has been compatible with the major business application like MS Outlook or Lotus/IBM Notes since a long time.

With the version 10 of IBM Notes (that was October 2018) Adobe Acrobat 2017 is no longer compatible with this email suite.

The PDFMaker Addin did a great job in creating PDFs from Mail.
    Unlike just "printing to PDF" the right border has not been cut when the text was too long and the PDFMaker did include all attachments from the mail into the final PDF.

So the Adobe Acrobat was a perfect companion for documenting approvals and other buisiness…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please create a shortcut that would allow the creation of a scanned document. Too many clicks to create pdf from scan. Your attitude seems to be the more clicks the better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi Robert,
    Thanks for reporting your concern. We will forward this request to the engineering team.
    We would keep track of this request and keep you updated with the status of the request.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

5. When doing a batch conversion of emails in an Outlook folder, all of the emails are captured in a single PDF file. However, it would be nice to restrict what information is captured. For example, I'd like to have bcc information excluded from the email-to-PDF conversion.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As an architect or an engineer, we are always managing plans with different scales that have (usually) a graphic scale for reference. The measure tool would be EXTREMELY useful if includes an option to set the scale by selecting two points on an eventual graphic scale included within an existing pdf... this will help to quickly have the pdf in scale and ready to be measured.

Please, include this feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I create many forms and every time I create a text field and corresponding form field (whether text box, check box or radio button) I have to move them around separately. the text fields end up grouping together with other unrelated text fields and adjusts line spacing randomly which makes it double-triple work to move around and adjust when laying out the form. Text fields should be left individual with option to merge with other text fields if desired. It takes me way longer to create a form than necessary because i have to constantly readjust the line spacing and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for report your concern. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. We will reach out to you if we need more information.

8. Highlighting is the main reason why I use pdfs. The main method that I use is selecting the text through hold left click and drag followed by right click and highlight. Usually the page is zoomed so that I can read the text. In a two-column journal, it is often the case that I want to highlight text from one column [bottom] to the other [top] but because the page is zoomed in, the page has to autoscroll back to the top - the speed which this happens is very slow.

Solution:
    Please consider enabling selected text [hold left click]…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is about both editing and exporting PDFs.
    The attached PDF has an explicit explanation of the issues + screenshots. Text from the attached file goes right here.

I’ve got Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release Version 2015.006.30355.

On Web page https://www.zm.gov.lv/mezi/statiskas-lapas/nozares-informacija/buklets-meza-nozare-latvija-?nid=1088#jump
    ..there is a link to a PDF file "Latvia's Forests During 20 Years of Independence" 2010, https://www.zm.gov.lv/public/ck/files/ZM/mezhi/buklets/MN_20_EN.pdf
    The PDF file seems to be a nicely composed PDF with Adobe InDesign CS5.5 (7.5.2).
    The font used, Museo Slab is a publicly available font, I bet it should not have any major issues.

In the said file, page 47 there…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I up voted a similar idea which is currently under review but adding a new request to be slightly different. With Adobe now pushing Document Cloud as a comparable service to Creative and Experience, + the verb strategy; can you enable Sync for Document Cloud files to my local machine?

Today if I scan documents or even sign documents? would it be possible to sync my Document Cloud documents locally? You have Creative Cloud files syncing - why not Document Cloud files?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will share it with the Product Management team and let you know in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. It would be helpful to be able to resize the Button Properties window in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Currently the window barely has enough room to display the contents. Resizing would help allow for much quicker form preparation workflows, for example, making the window larger could help minimize the need to constantly use the scrollbars in the Actions tab.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice if I can import pdf files from various folders or folder on my desktop to the cloud without opening and saving each file individually. Also, a security feature at folder level would be an advantage.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing your feedback. We will inform the engineering team about it and will let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

13. I want to set the "DEFAULT" for the initial view for all pdf documents that I create. I am sick and tired of setting the "initial views" for each and every PDF that I create. Please program a preference that automates the way to set a users preference for creating files with a preset initial view.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Needless to say, I print a lot from Acrobat. It bugs me constantly that when the print dialog comes up, it's too big to fit entirely on the screen. The actual "print" button is off screen on the bottom, and requires scrolling down to be able to click it. That should not be the case. Even more annoying is the fact that the dialog itself, although it has a scroll bar, is not responsive to my scrollwheel mouse. It absolutely should be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it as bug in our database.

Best Regards!

15. When you combined individual subfolders within a master folder when creating a PDF Portfolio, the previous Acrobat Pro allowed you to do this feature with one click. The current Acrobat Pro DC software requires that you create a portfolio and manually add the individual folders. Please add back the option for the one-click subfolder integration!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need a feature that allows you to change the default "Save As" location. This is available in Microsoft Word, but not in Adobe.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to see a feature added to Acrobat that would allow Acrobat to stamp the path (location) and name of the document which was created. I am attaching an example of a document created with a different program in which the feature is highlighted..

It would also be great if that stamp would adjust and change as the document is renamed, moved or received and saved by the receiving party.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, PDFMaker tags table headers as <TH> when "Header Row" and/or "First Column" are checked in Word. However, it does not change the default scope, column span, or row span of the headers based on these values.

Description of desired feature:
    * For each table header tag added by "Header Row", set the Scope attribute to "Column".
    * For each table header tag added by "First Column", set the Scope attribute to "Row".
    * If both "Header Row" and "First Column" are checked, and the data cell in the first row and column is not empty, set the Scope attribute…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Hi

I'm visually impaired. I find anything with a white background unreadable.

I can change text and text background colours to make text readable but I cannot find a method to change colours used in images embedded in pdf files.

Please can you add an accessibility option to invert colours in embedded images so black becomes white and white becomes black. NB. All colours will need to be inverted not just black and white.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Attachments need to be converted to be included and placed behind the email. Email + attachment in one PDF, not embedded. As previously noted, this is a very important feature for law firms.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?