Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send PDF as E-mail attachemet

Since the latest Adobe update (version 2019.008.20074), it now requires to save the PDF, then the right pane appears and you need to select "Send as Attachment", then select default and/or custom mail application before the mail application is actually launched. This is so cumbersome compared to what it was in the previous versions.
    Why make use jump through so many hoops when it worked fine before? Can we set our defaults so it will turn into a 'One button' operation, or are we at the mercy of the adobe bureaucracy?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
    Could you please follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attac..

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
    Sahil

2. Document Cloud files not showing in Russian version of Adobe Reader

I can't see my Document Cloud files in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. How to enable an access to Document Cloud in Acrobat Reader DC?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Back Clear all Recently Viewed Files and clear error

Recently updated DC to version 19.8.20071.303822. Previous version had a button at the bottom of the page that said clear recently viewed files. Now I have to check block each individual PDF and clear them. The last PDF it does not give the option to clear instead it asks about delete. I don't want to delete the file, I just want to clear the screen of recently viewed PDFs of files. Also if I try to select it with the others I want to clear, the clear option disappears, what is up?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. acrobat dc opens during computer starts up

Acrobat DC Pro opens automatically after computer started up, even i am not signed up with Adobe Creative Cloud (after last update Creative Cloud 4.7.0.400) on my MacBook Pro and it gets on the dock while i remove it from the dock every single time after starting up?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe DC on Windows very slow to save

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019 taking too long to save comments on Windows

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Acrobat great again, for prepress.

New UI changes continue to make Acrobat more complicated to use for PDF workflow when doing prepress.
    Why can't I turn off the Home window?
    Why does adobe want everything to be full screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text-to-speek SELECTED text only

I don't know how Acrobat has not allowed for a Text-To-Speech option of SELECTED text only yet. It's an amazing tool for people with disabilities... especially those who need text read to them.

It is extremely frustrating having to listen to the text of a document from the begining if you only need the last paragraph read allowed. Extremely disappointed Adobe hasn't stepped up their game.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We understand your problem here. We are continuously working in making a better experience for our customer.
    We have kept it in our radar and will implement in the near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. No extract button

I download a large pdf document every day. This must be broken up into smaller documents, but there is NO EXTRACT BUTTON! I have to open the "Page Thumbnails" and highlight what I want to extract, then right click, hit "extract" and go from there. It takes so much longer!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    You can use the extract button by following below mentioned steps:
    1) Open a pdf
    2)Click on Organize pages
    3) Now click on extract
    4)Now you can select the pages you want to extract
    5) Also you have the option to ‘Extract pages as separate files’

Hope this helps you.

9. Open multiple files from Recent list at the same time

When opening Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, it shows you a list of Recent Files that you have used; however, you can only open one of these files at a time. Similar to the ability to select multiples files in other programs of holding the Control key to select more than one file or holding the Shift key to select a range of files, it would be useful (and a standard Windows function) to be able to select multiple files and open them all at the same time. If reviewing the files in Windows Explorer, you can open multiple files at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I need it on Linux - Kubuntu

I need your full suite of products, specially those related to pdf, (reader, editor, etc.), for work on Linux, kubuntu or Debian.
    I know of there are many companies of the lack of these tools jeopardize the switch of the work stations to Linux, for the daily office task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - Permanently close Tools Pane

I would like to permanently close the tools pane. 'Remember current state of Tools Pane' option is not available for Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Accessibility check rejects manual line breaks from InDesign

when a file is exported to Acrobat from InDesign, the accessibility checker rejects every manual line break in the document. There is no fix offered in Acrobat. Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please bring back Clearscan

I really need Clearscan back. I don't want editable texts, but I just want characters to be smoothed out. I feel that there should be an option for this. I am Japanese, and usually scan Japanese characters. Editable texts might work for alphabets, but not really for Asian characters. I upgraded from Acrobat XI to Acrobat to Acrobat pro 2017, but scanning experience with this 2017 version was the worst as far as ocr was concerned.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Acrobat DC Pro Field Transparency tick box missing

Acrobat DC Pro Field Transparency tick box missing. Mac 10.13.4

Prepare form makes fields with transparent Fill/Boarder.
    Create a check box. Boarder black / Fill White by default. Go to properties / Appearance to change. Open colour pallet. Transpanrecy option no longer there.
    Spoke to tech support. On for an hour on my screen. Windows version fine their end so defo Mac bug with High Sierra. They gave me a Jscript to work around but only works on single fields at a time.
    NEEDS SORTING FAST PLEASE!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. remove recent files window when no document is open

When no document is open in Acrobat DC, a recent files list is shown. While the list of files can be disabled, the window itself cannot. As someone who works in Prepress who opens hundreds of PDFs per day, each time I am finished with a file I must also minimise Acrobat DC to return to my working files. As it stands, Acrobat DC is taking up my full screen and providing no useful function, so in my view should include an option to disable this window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Post Scan review and correction

During the correction process utilize a dictionary to look up words which contain most characters as determined by scan and in the same left to right order. Present these as choices to be picked rather than only allowing change via direct editing. Permit editing after a choice is made however because the choice might only be close.

So often I have seen "print" scanned as "primt" for instance. Since most text is words in a dictionary the correction process can offer alternative spellings with some high degree of probability that one of them is correct. This could also be used…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license" message even though my license is Pro

I just started getting "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license" message even though my license is Pro. Not letting me combine files, organize pages, create PDFs, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to unlink form fields when copying fields or complete page

When copying form fields, Acrobat automatically makes identical copies. If I copy a page and fill in the first page, the fields on the second page are automatically filled out with the same info. The only way to couteract this without having java scripting knowledge is to manually change the name of every field. This is frustrating when you have 100 fields that need to be identical on 20 pages, but filled out with different info. This should be a standard option. Preferrably while copying, acrobat could ask if you want the new copies linked with the originals or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Right-click > Mark as Checked

In Acrobat 9, it was very easy to mark a comment as checked. You simply right-clicked on it and chose "Mark with Checkmark." Alternatively, there were also two different places in the Handy Commenting Toolbar to mark the comment as checked.

Sadly, in Acrobat X and going forward, the right-click > Mark as Checked feature was removed, as was the handy Commenting toolbar. So now the only way to mark something as checked is in the giant comment list (which is now by default vertical, as opposed to horizontal.

Instead, Acrobat has moved the only option for commenting over to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base