Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flattern pdf

Hi,
    The ability to flatten a pdf is basic and important. We have had an Adobe DC for 2 years now for our business with little in enhancement in feature. I an tired of having to search for a community java script to do a basic operation such as flatten a document. when our annual subscription expires in June 2018 we will be moving to Foxit for all our pdf requirement. Not only is it cheaper but it is full featured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Headings are not being shown in the TURO tool after saving as a tagged PDF from Word

The document is being tagged, perhaps properly, but it is impossible to tell using the TURO tool when showing structure types. In the Tags pane, headings are shown as H1, H2, etc in the actual tags, but whether the TURO tool is on when the Order or Tags panel is active, these show up as text (P).

I've never seen this problem before and suspect it has to do with a recent update/release.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incorrect conversion of Greek letters

Hi,
    We use Adobe Reader Pro to convert PDFs to DOCX. However, there is a problem when we are trying to convert a PDF having some greek letters (please check the screen I have attached). For example, lowercase Greek Delta is being converted into uppercase Gamma. Is there any possibility to change this behaviour to the correct one?

Regards

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opening side by side

It would be great to be able to open 2 PDF pages next toeach other for easy comparison, i.e. when comparing two people on a geneology site

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

You can try the following –
    Go to Organize Pages App to move the pages you want to see next to each other.
    Then go to View→Display Options and select Two pages.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Vivek

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. IT IS GOOD IF YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR HARDWARE PEN! no stroke eraser just only normal eraser. Also include different color option for markup

IT IS GOOD IF YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR HARDWARE PEN! no stroke eraser just only normal eraser. Also include different color option for markup

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Different color option is available by using the color picker to change the color of the Pen.
    The color picker is available in the tool bar. Please try that and let us know if that works for you.

8. Adobe Sign adds a blank page after every page on imported Google Documents

Adobe Sign adds a blank page after every page on imported Google Documents. I didn't find Adobe Sign as an option so I filed this under Acrobat. When we save the document to Word docx the problem does not occur.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Action Wizard causes crash

I've created an Action Wizard that does the following:
    -Runs Preflight to convert to PDF/A-1a
    -Saves to a Local Folder, appending "_A-1a" to the end of the file name.

That's it. I can run this Action Wizard on individual PDFs no problem. But when I use the "Add Files..." option to run this wizard on multiple files, the Action Wizard begins, but crashes Acrobat after the first file. This has been the case for the last few updates to Acrobat DC (15.23.20056.213124), but did used to work with Acrobat DC and previous versions of Acrobat. This is on macOS 10.12.3.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Acrobat DC compile files into single PDF, Illustrator files grayed out

In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

11. Bug: Accessibility tool making text disappear

The "Make Accessible" tool is making text disappear in the document. Working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2015.006.30505. I opened the document, clicked on Tools, then Action Wizard, then Make Assessible. First fopur steps worked fine, but after runnuing the Document Pass and the Alt Text detection, text went missing in numerous places in the document. This is the fourth time this has happened. Look at the header on the first page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe Acrobat DC Saving Garbled text from Word

I have a new installation of Adobe Acrobat DC. When I tried to save a word doc as a PDF the text was garbled -overlapping, uneven spacing. I tried to fixes suggested when I googled the problem to no avail. What am I missing?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Devise easy conversion of 2 column PDF text to single column would make read out loud more useful.

A tool for single click conversion of 2-column text to ingle column text would make the read out loud more useful. Have I missed such a tool? Does such a tool already exist? MS word read out loud evidently suffers from the same problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't make PDF from .tif file BUG REPORT

I receive .ai and .pdf files via email from customers. I convert these files to .tif in Photoshop. Until sometime around the end of October, I would create multi page PDFs with Acrobat, as proofs. The .tifs are used as print files. Now I get this error box. "Adobe Acrobat could not open 'WFFTBRAB2019WineSignage11x17batch1Page01.tiff' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
    Here is my case number: ADB-9772660-R1Y5 

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF

Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF - not to MS/Word or any other MS/Office product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Is this issue happening only with one PayPal transaction file or with other files as well?
    Can you please provide us the details of the following:
    1. Acrobat Version – Are you on reader or DC? Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen
    a. Go to help → About Acrobat … and take a screenshot
    2. Operating system (Mac/Win)
    3. Input PDF File
    4. Screenshot of the issue or any error you see while performing the Export operation.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Software Engineer
    Adobe Acrobat Team

16. Scanned files on flash drive opening up blank pages after security code is entered correctly. brother scanner scanned to Imphomius FD

Scanned files on flash drive opening up blank pages after security code is entered correctly. brother scanner to Imphomius FD then to Adobe on Mac ....but it works correctly on windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fill & Sign Won't Save File

After I fill in and sign the document, it won't save. The circle just spins forever until I eventually give up. Now I have to physically print the document and then scan it in, very frustrating and costing me time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. In order to better understand the issue can you please provide the following details:

1. Version of your Acrobat.
    2. Are you observing the continuous circle on the save dialog or somewhere else? It will be great if you can share a screenshot.

Regards,
    Sandeep

18. Zoom Value display

Please, please can we have the option to show the Zoom Value (percentage) on the main toolbar. I can't use the 'out of toolbar' display as it disappears, and can't keep taking the mouse down to show the disappearing toolbar every time I want to know what zoom value I'm at.

Thanks
    Mike

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Crash doing OCR

Latest DC, scanning crashes in idrsocr15.dll and if I try to edit a scanned PDF. Scanned PDF and event log entry attached.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to turn off whole word selection

When selecting text in Acrobat (for applying a comment or other markup), Acrobat selects whole words (unless you are being particularly careful). It would be good to have the option to turn this off so that we can easily select partial words, starting in the middle of one word and ending in the middle of another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base