Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10637 results found

1. When you open a PDF in a browser, and there are hyperlinks in that PDF, when you click on a hyperlinks, it opens in the same window. Is there a way to force it to open a new window? Is there an option or button that one can click that will allow this to happen?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    Raising a feature request for you. We will get back to you once this request is prioritized and implemented.

Thanks.

3. add new pages to existing binder by drag and drop

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Third time this week. Working on an existing PDF with commenting tools, and when I go to save, I get the message that the file cannot be saved. Try to save as, as suggested, and get the message that there's a file error, then the text of the file disappears. (Spread in screenshot is two solid pages of text.)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if you could control click the Highlight tool to change the highlighter color and/or highlighted text. I like to use that function to tag different elements in documents and it seems very cumbersome to change colors of the highlight tool so I don't really use it much or I just use one color because you have to go to the color picker (which also disappears if you shrink the window, which I do because I have other non-adobe documents open that I am referencing.)

Thanks for listening!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug. I am unable to attach and send pdf documents from Adobe using the default email application (Microsoft Outlook) from my Windows 10 PC even though it is set up in the default applications.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When typing in a text box ( and im sure others) the various font options popup gets in the way of what I am trying to type. The most frequent place I use text boxes is the top right of a page, which is completely unusable in the updated version of Adobe (which generally sucks in my opinion). This options box cannot be closed while typing in the text box. I have attached a screenshot of what I mean. At the very least this options box needs to be moved or able to be closed while still editing the text…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Acrobat IX I could create a digital signature field where the user, when getting the form and entering their pertinent information, could simply click on the field to digitally sign the form using their certificates from the employee badge. Did this option disappear entirely now? I don't want customers to have to select window, preferences, signatures and draw a rectangle to sign the form. Allow users to set up a block so the customer just needs to click the field and select their stored credential to sign the form. This is a MUST have option.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

User has been guided to add certificate based digital signatures

9. Send & Track Feature is not working to create a link and all links created previously are failing. Error: Internal Server Error. An error occurred while connecting to service. Please try again later.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AMS has 2, 500 Acrobat Pro DC (desktop only) licenses. Is it possible to know how many invited users have actually installed Adobe Pro DC on their machines? We know that a few of the invited users have downloaded & installed Adobe Pro DC. How many of the invited users need to download & install Adobe Pro DC?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When printing long documents (books etc.) it would be great to be able to add blank pages, that does not exist in the PDF in order to get a correct double sided print.The size of the blank page could e.g. depend on the page size before the blank.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI David,
    We tried on our side on the latest build. It is fixed on our side. Please update on the latest build.
    Although the issue faced by you may be because you have not turned off Protected View, Please turn it off and you won’t be facing the issue anymore.

Thanks
    Rachir

14. .eml formats are not currently supported by Adobe Acrobat to be able to convert these files into a pdf format. Please support this format.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I was able to do this in the past. The most recent update must have removed the ability. I would select the "spot" or the edge of the page where the document feeder skewed the page in the scanner, then hit delete. Now I am unable to do this. I want to be able to present clean documents.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If I am not wrong you are using edit functionality of Acrobat. There you can select the edge or small bounding ox and delete it if it is not required.
    If not please use Edit tool.

If you are facing any issue on any file please share the files.

Thanks.

16. I have a creative cloud subscription but all my apps changed to "start 7-day trial" or "buy now". Even a complete uninstall of all apps and creative cloud app followed by a fresh install did not solve the problem. Also my Adobe Acrobat X has been uninstalled without my approval.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. After OCR recognition provide a facility not just for correcting the text, but for meta-data labeling of fields and regions. This data would make machine-learned document management much more effective.
    For example, the automated extraction of data from Insurance company EOBs. You might argue, of course, that this is not in Adobe's balliwick, but I'd argue that this is a natural addition to your commenting tools.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    For the first question, ability to correct OCRed text. This functionality is already there. Go to Tools> Enhance scan> Recognize text> Correct Recognize text

For the 2nd query I will raise a feature request for you. We will look into this and inform you if there is nay update.

Thanks.

18. make home screen go away after closing PDF file in Acrobat DC. Add option for preferences to disable the 'application frame'. This is super annoying as every time you close a pdf you have to press command W on the keyboard twice to close the windows.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have been making monthly payment for Acrobat Pro DC since last April, but now it is telling me that my subscription have expired. My last payment was Sept 27th. I should not be getting this message, and I see no way to fix it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I open up my pdf file and try to delete some of my text, some does delete and some other text also deletes, but then it appears under the text like it is embedded in the background of the pdf. Can anyone help please?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.
    Is this issue happening with all the files? This may happen if the file was a scanned document.
    Make sure you have updated your application to the latest update and try again. Let us know how it works at your end.

• Don't see your idea?