Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10535 results found

1. Return back to prev search tools, especially new window with search results listed. And provide user choice tools on the toolbar across top.
    I spend so much more time trying to use newest ver. that I am looking for a better pdf reader solution...you screwed up the most useful tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. After I work with a few dozen files in a day, Adobe simply stops opening. You click on a file or the app itself and the cursor flickers once and nothing happens. The only way to get it working again is to restart the computer. Very inconvenient when you are logged into multiple business programs and have to log out of everything and shut down/restart in the middle of the day. Have checked for updates - nothing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The latest feature upgrade removed the ability to send a signed copy of a document ("copy to"). Now the only options available are signer and approver. The receiving party is neither a signer or an approver, so this has doubled my workflow and created an inefficiency. I now have to generate a second email with the signed copy to send to my recipient, separate from the signature process. PLEASE add this feature back. What you have done is NOT an improvement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Accessibility remediation of PDFs is chewing up an inordinate amount of labor, and at present, the steps required to yield accessible PDFs from InDesign are at a ridiculously unrefined, fussy, deep-in-the-weeds stage. This seems like an ideal application for AI. PLEASE create an AI tool that can handle all of the picky details of PDF remediation. I'd love to be presented with a simple set of questions to define things like reading order (in Acrobat and InDesign), then just have the AI handle giving me a PDF that passes muster and works well with assistive tech. I want an AI…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new "+ Create" button on the right side of the tabs is totally misplaced. It opens a popup that gets in the way when you want to move the window, if you have a lot of tabs open, which I usually do. The more logical place for it would definitely be in the toolbar below. It's just annoying and makes me want to install another reader.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Acrobat DC Pro to open PDF in separate windows via new interface. The old interface had this but the new interface only allows PDFs to be opened in tabs.
    Svc Request No ADB-32804828-K2B6

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the 10 million billion trillion popups when initially running after downloading/signing up for a trial. Also, if you can't get the program to run at least as well as Microsoft word for editing a document... no one will.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. in previous version of Acrobat, you could set a Preference/General to open files in separate windows. This is not available in our current version per Adobe support.
    Cannot go back to older version as this is a municipal account.
    Please add this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Once I have uploaded the image of my signature in the Fill & Sign tool, it's not more possible to remove it. Clicking the "X" button doesn't work. I've closed and re-opened Adobe DC. I also tryed to reinstall it, but nothing.
    After reinstallation if I uload again an image in the fill&sign tool, it's not possible to remove it.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20470 64bit
    Win 11

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello
    The UI has just been updated under Windows (2024-01-18), which I like so far.
    But what has remained the same is the settings window.
    I have now counted over 320 (!!!) individual setting options in all categories.
    What do you think, does this contribute to user-friendliness?
    I think certainly not.
    The other day I finally dug through all the options to see what else would make sense to set.
    I was extremely busy for many hours.
    And I think a lot of things could be simplified and left out or implemented in a more user-friendly way.
    Or perhaps an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've noticed that when you send out a document to be filled and signed the text boxes do not enter onto a new line when the text reaches the end of the box but instead continues on the same line, off the page, so that you cannot read what everything that has been typed. This is a serious issue and, I would imagine, should be a fairly simple fix. Very irritating and potentially hindering to business.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please stop having popup windows when I open Acrobat. If I just opened a file, it is because I am working. The popup is very irritating. I understand that you are trying to tell me about a feature, but the timing is horrible. There is a notification bell - please use that for announcing features.

Also, it shakes my trust in Adobe to have to go through so much effort to give feedback. The account creation process is absurd. I understand that you have to accommodate the bad actors in the world, but the burden can't be just transferred to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search function does not work.

When pressing ctrl+F, the search option appears but does not find anything. Even when I'm staring right at the word or text I typed in the search box. How can a basic function like this be broken and still get released? This is a complete waste of time and productivity for anyone that relies on this function to search large documents. Please fix this or give us the option to roll back to a version that actually works.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Legacy Menu reversion would be nice, there is too much change in the software now and for those of us that have been with Acrobat since the beginning, it is almost like learning a brand new program with the way it's being presented.
    Would be nice to have a choice of layout version.
    Also, having the software auto update without knowing the scope of what is being done, is not kosher. I wouldn't have updated the software to this version if I had known that this was being done. Just sayin.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Adobe Acrobat Pro original UI Plugins are placed at the top making it easy to access. In the new UI released a couple of weeks ago, Plugins are buried in the settings menu making them very cumbersome to use. Please move the Plugins back to the top bar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I had been working on multiple PDF files that I had opened via email and via my computer's file explorer and then as I was attempting to open another file via the home tab in the top left, the application said something about maintenance being complete and then forcing me to restart my Adobe session without being able to view or save the documents I had open at the time. Then when I did close Acrobat, and attempted to open the files I had open, it froze and I had to restart my computer 2 times before it worked properly…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adobe makes the top bar with 'File Edit, View, E-Sign, Window, Help disappear.
    I have to keep hitting F9 to make it return. Please stop it. I want those choices to stay put on the screen. When the bar disappears, I can't move the window to a new location on the desktop. Hitting F9 is constantly a burden while having Adobe open, and it does not always work consistently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe Shuts Down When Editing Fillable PDFs that are saved on Microsoft OneDrive. When I copy the same document to my local C drive, it allows me to edit it. It only shuts down when open within Microsoft OneDrive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Vote for integration, vote for efficiency! I propose a potential enhancement to Adobe's e-signature service: 'Google Contact Sync'. This proposed feature would allow us to instantly populate e-sign forms with contact details from our Google accounts, bypassing the tedious manual entry. It’s a small change that could make a big difference in streamlining our document workflows. If you, like me, crave this simplicity and speed, cast your vote for the 'Google Contact Sync' feature and let's make our collective voice heard for a smarter, more connected Adobe experience!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to delete old signed documents that are over 5 years old. I have several old vacation rental agreements that I signed over 5 years ago and unless I deactivate my account and re-activate I am unable to delete these documents.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?