Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Acrobat Pro bug

When opening a pdf file on Adobe Acrobat Pro (and some other times, just after launching Adobe Acrobat Pro), the app occasionally stops working and the cursor turns to spinning rainbow for a few minutes. Sometimes (after a long while) the app resumes its functions, other times it does not and I'm forced to force-quit the application and re-launch it.

1. Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro / Open a pdf file on Acrobat Pro

2. Mac Pro (Late 2013) (OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6)

3. Proper Function

4. Application crashes and / or freezes

Here is the report I'm getting when I force-quit the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On the admin console, I would like the administrator to be able to resend a verification and password reset email to the users.

On the admin console, I would like the administrator to be able to resend a verification and password reset email to the users.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set Time Zone for Adobe Document Cloud Reviews

When sending out a document for review via Adobe DC, an email is generated that notifies the recipient of the review. The email notification defaults to PST. Please include an Adobe Document Cloud Account Preference option that includes an option to set a time zone so the local time zone is accurate when deadlines are emailed to the recipient.
    A time zone setting is available in the preferences for your signature settings but not for the document review.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep "fit one full page" and 'fit to width scrolling" as separate buttons

Please Keep "fit one full page" and 'fit to width scrolling" as separate buttons and not in one drop down menu. I switch between these two options a lot since I read a lot of scientific publications and I need to go back and forth, zoom in and out a lot. It is really annoying to click twice every single time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlight color

I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Did you guys bury my most-used feature?

Hi, Yesterday when I opened Acrobat DC, and I viewed comments, I could check off the comment as completed right there in the comment's own panel. today when I opened the same program, in order to mark a comment as completed, I have to open two levels of a flyout menu.
    How do I unbury this check box so I do not have to add twice as much clicking to my proofreading process?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to turn off AcroTray notification sound when PDF printing

When printing to PDF, a sound is made when the AcroTray notification pops up stating the PDF has been created. This is extremely annoying to myself and my co-workers and there is no option to turn off the sound. I print to PDF continually throughout the day and there must be some way, other than turning off all notification sounds on my computer, to stop this annoying feature.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

1. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
    Open the file in Acrobat DC
    Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
    After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
    when you open the document again in Acrobat DC and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highlighter tool

Highlighter tool is buggy. Select tool and highlight does not work

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DISABLE DOWNLOAD

For the european GPDR rules it would be greate when sending a file with Send and track to disable the download option. So receivers can only view the file from the Adobe cloud but they cannot download it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More useful Admin Console

Will Adobe be giving more access to this type of information from the Console. The new console is useless - it does not have any value. The main things people need to do is reassign license, resend invitation, and check usage.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tab order in Adobe Sign

I set up the proper tab order/work flow in my Acrobat form, and sent it to someone to fill out the fields and eSign. Adobe Sign completely re-ordered the tab order so that the flow didn't work well. The receiver had to keep using his mouse to get to the next field instead of just tabbing to it. The tab order should remain undisturbed when converting from Acrobat to Adobe Sign.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The dynamic stamp creation process needs to be simpler

The dynamic stamp creation process is very difficult, at best. The random names for the stamps makes it extremely difficult to find which stamp you're working on after the stamp has been named during creation. Having to navigate deep into the file system to find a randomly named file is not user friendly by any stretch of the imagination. I'm attempting to make 100 dynamic stamps for our engineering company, not just one or two stamps.

Please see if you can make the dynamic stamp process easier

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Language Translator

Increasingly throughout the internet there are files available which are not in our own language ☹ I remain baffled why an in-built translator has not been implemented to generate a translated document given the number of countries globally using Adobe today. In simple terms, we have computers to do this for us as I again find myself attempting the labourious task to convert line by line through an online translator. This says a lot for us as a technology society.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comment popup text very difficult to Select and Copy to clipboard

Open an existing comment bubble popup that has text in it. Select (highlight) the text. Now just move the mouse cursor slightly outside of the comment popup boundary. The text you highlighted becomes unhighlighted! I can’t even express how maddeningly frustrating this is. We have hundreds of edits a day that we need to copy the comment text out of Acrobat.

We are CONSTANTLY selecting the text, hitting COMMAND+C, switching over to a different program to paste, only to realize that either nothing gets pasted in or the text from the previous edit is still on the clipboard. I finally…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sync reading position across devices with Document Cloud

Many books are published in PDF format, and it would be convenient if the last read position would sync across all of a user's devices for PDFs stored in Document Cloud. This convenient feature exists with e-books published for Google Play or Kindle

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Saving Split Vertical View in Portfolio

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Version 2018.009.20050
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I save a portfolio in Split Vertical view.
    When I reopen the portfolio, it has Split Horizontal view.

Acrobat should remember it was last in Split Vertical view.

Setting Split Vertical view should also be an option in the Properties of a Portfolio PDF.

Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: Cannot send for signature

Steps to repro:
    1. open an already saved pdf with a field for signature
    2. Click 'send for singature' in the right hand nav
    3. complete the info and click next
    4. receive error saying that cannot connect to service per the screenshot attached

Environment:
    Mac OS Sierra (version 10.12.6)
    Adobe continuous release version 2018.009.20044

Expected result:
    That I can send for signature

Observed results:
    Get an error and cannot proceed to send for signature

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it possible to copy highlighted text

It should be possible to copy the text easily from a highlight. Right now, this is almost impossible. (One had to switch to the Edit tool). Why not create a Copy Highlight item in the context menu. Or, when one clicks on and selects a highlight, why not simply let CMD-C do the job?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base