Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10530 results found

1. I saw this was declined before due to lack of comments or feedback but i think this is good for a second round to try again. When i am revising documents for my projects, only way i can drag and drop is through page thumbnails but sifting through hundreds of pages is quicker when i can access bookmarks and click on the page to bring me to the right page i need to replace or modify. If both of the Bookmark and Page Thumbnails are able to viewed at the same time, it would make it more efficient to work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When installing a package created for Apple Silicon macs, the installer will fail unless Rosetta is already installed. Rosetta is only required when you are attempting to run an x86 application on Apple Silicon, so this feels like a bug. The installer fails with no indication of what the problem is and the logs do not help. I stumbled upon the fix by accident. It should be noted that Rosetta is not installed by default on M1 Macs and is only invoked when you attempt to run an "Intel" application. The installer is for Apple Silicon, so it does not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Acrobat PRO 2020 - Running text recognition rotates random pages wrongly

We have testet and confirmed the problem does NOT exist in Adobe Acrobat 2017, but it does happen in Acrobat DC and Acrobat PRO 2020

Due to company security policy we run offline versions of the software with local license verification.

When doing OCR or Text recognition nomatter what we do, it randomly rotate pages during the scanning process. No matter what settings we set.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This topic shows as resolved but it isn't (for years now...)

PLEASE Don't make the user go through a menu to check off a comment! You DOUBLE the time it takes to go through comments.
    PLEASE ELIMINATE the need to go through a dropdown menu just to check off a comment.

IT WAS FINE to have a checkbox. It took HALF THE TIME.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We receive an extraordinary amount of Adobe marketing emails. There should be a way to disable marketing emails in the admin console for current users, but also a way to disable them upon creation of a new user.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe DC is supposed to have a checkbox in the Comments section of Settings (the last checkbox) that says "Auto detect pen hardware to enable markup". For some reason, it is missing on some of my computers that are using the same Windows 10 operating system and the same current version of Adobe DC. It is very frustrating because the absence of the checkbox means that you can't immediately markup a document with a pen and instead need to click through several layers of buttons in the comments section in order to use the pen. It is clearly a "glitch"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Working in Acrobat software is very much efficient and when we transpose the same approach in Document Cloud for multiple users, our clients faces many challenges in reviewing the document with limited commenting tools.

The following are the some basic tools which are missing in Adobe Document Cloud:
    1. For replacing text
    2. For inserting text
    3. Add text box (similarly like given Acrobat software in commenting tool)

Due to the current limitations in the Cloud platform, we have held our approach towards the Cloud platform and have been using the Acrobat software to gather comments from multiple users which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I simply want the global find-and-replace functionality found in most word processors to work on a PDF form. I have a 129-page application form in pdf format. It asks questions in form fields to which I respond in data fields. I wish to do a global replace of text in the data fields (say to change a name of a person/organisation). To do so, I have to take several steps which have very undesirable side-effects. I have to flatten the file. I can now use replace, but... the look-and-feel of the original document is significantly altered, the auto-orientate feature of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It should be easier for people to download the files I share on document cloud.

I often have trouble with people (over 40yo, usually working in PA or some papers office) not accepting my Adobe links. They don’t seem to be able to download files. I did check it there was some issue and I saw that the download button has a very poor affordance, its icon is way narrow and it barely looks like a download button. It’d be amazing if the button had a label eg “Download pdf” to help out less digitally educated users.
    Thank you

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not only does Acrobat need a Dark Mode, it needs to be compatible with fillable forms. Bright white screens are ******* the eyes, and it's not fair to our eyeballs to change the fillable forms box to BLACK whenever we change to custom colors to ease the glare from the screen. We can't see what we're typing, We need this feature!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. i'd like the ability to view my user's history. (i'd like to see the last time they signed in to adobe, the last time they used adobe, and maybe how often they use it).

i would basically like to see how often users actually use their license, that way if it is determined that they don't use it, i can re-assign their license to someone who actually WILL use it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I open many PDFs every day that are created by multiple people in multiple different ways. Every. Single. Time I open a PDF, the bookmarks bar pops up, even if it's a single page document with no bookmarks. Also, whenever I have hidden the tools or anything else (F8 and F9), opening a new document brings all that stuff up. That means every time I open a document, I have to click 4 extra times to get rid of all the garbage so I can just see the document. Can you please just give us some preferences to never or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat DC 21.005.20048 (Win10):
    Actions taken:
    - Starting a PDF Form from scratch
    - Adding text with text-tool
    - Adding text-field
    - Adding checkbox
    Result:
    Text and any other object cannot be selected at the same time, neither by box-select nor by SHIFT or CTRL.
    Text does not appear in "Fields" list and can thus also not be selected there.
    - Cannot align text with fields or other objects
    (Different text selected does not even promt the alignment-options)
    - Cannot move text with fields

Proposal:
    - Make text selectable together with fields
    - Create a "label" object, which acts like…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dear Adobe, my organization extensively uses commenting features on PDFs but occasionally the way that text is recognized creates problems for highlighting and text selection; in particular, a common failure mode is to try to highlight a sentence but then text above and below it is also selected as if the text is actually organized as a column.

Notwithstanding the underlying issue, this and other occasions mean that it would sometimes be more useful to be able to use the freeform "marker" style highlighter (with the circular cursor outline instead of the text selector style) regardless of the state of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Arabic right-to-left is currently supported on Windows, but not on Mac, and I have forms that Mac users currently cannot use because of this. Please consider working on Mac compatibility for Arabic and other right-to-left languages. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to choose a drafted or active web form and duplicate/copy it into another draft to save time prepping a slightly updated form for different uses.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Many of our form users have the Classic version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and they are unhappy with the recent change that forces the document title to display, rather than the file name. Unlike my Continuous version, they have the Classic version and it does not have the option to change that display setting: They are missing this checkbox in their preferences: Documents>Open Settings>Always use filename as document title (checkbox)

Adobe Support confirmed there is no ETA for if/when this feature will be added to the Classic version. We'd really like to see it added so our users can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Our company needs the ability to disable Creative Cloud Storage due to restrictions on where we are allowed to store and manage our customers information.

We have employees working remote from all over the US and the "firewall" fix is not sufficient for our employee base of over 600 users. We need the ability to disable creative cloud and cloud storage functionality from the admin console and ONLY have the capability for local storage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Its very useful to know who has been using the Adobe products within the last 90 days. This way we can swap licenses around when needed.

A feature to show what users have used Adobe Pro or DC would be beneficial to support teams within the portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?