Acrobat Reader for iOS

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

To request a new feature

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

To manage your subscription to Adobe Document Cloud PDF services

For any other questions or discussions about Acrobat Reader for iOS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to add comments/annotations

In some PDF document missing pencil at the bottom of the screen. Some documents cannot be edited on the iPad.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Different file updating procedure on different iPads

I use the Acrobat app both on my four iPads and an iPhone7 to frequently update and revise my existing pdf files with newer versions of themselves. On my older iPad 2 and iPad Mini, as well as my iPad fourth-generation, this is a very easy process. I email the PDF to myself and then choose to open it in Adobe. Then, I move it to the folder its earlier version appeared in and it automatically replaces the prior version. That easy process doesn’t exist on the Adobe App designed for my iPad mini 4.

On my iPad mini 4,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Troubleshooting/Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extract Pages

Not rocket science, should be able to extract pages of PDFs to separate PDFs. Or split pages into separate files.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Document Properties: Cannot view page size/dimension

Adobe Acrobat Reader is great, but unlike the Mac or Windows app, I'm unable to get the app to display the document dimensions.

For example, when I try to view an A3 document, it's shrunk to what looks like letter size document on the screen. There is no control to zoom in or out, or to see the document at the actual size.

Also, when I try to print the file, there's no way to select the document size if I have tabloid paper in the tray.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reading progress and mark as read

It would be awesome if Acrobat would show the reading progress and "read" in the files view. It would me the perfect PDF eBook reader. 😊

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Read aloud feature on iPhone

I need a feature that will read aloud my documents on my iPhone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General Troubleshooting/Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Conflicted Files

Right after update to the latest software version, I keep having issues with having multiple conflicted files. I understand that if I edited the same pfd or open the same pdf on different devices will cause conflicted file, but I was just opening pdf on my iPad (without doing any editing or highlight/ underline on the pdf) for some weird reason I will have multiples conflicted files right after that. I tried to close the file right after I open it and still it will create multiple conflicted files. Please fix this bug for ***** sake. I’ve been using Adobe…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Signatur

I can no longer create signatures or sign documents in AR.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: Cannot mark up a PDF that has editing password applied

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Open the sample PDF file (attached) in Adobe Acrobat on your PC. In Acrobat, select 'File' > 'Properties' and note that a password has been applied to restrict editing of the document with 'Commenting', 'Filling of form fields', and 'Signing' unrestricted.

Now, open this PDF on your iPhone/iPad using the Acrobat Reader app. You will find that even though the PDF has Commenting enabled, there is no option provided to the user to either add comments to the document or apply mark-up using the Apple Pencil.

If you open the same PDF file in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot Open PDF File

I can't open PDF file from emails, whatsapp and other apps. I'm using iPhone 11 and dowloaded the latest iOS 13.1.2.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to open pdf mail attachment in acrobat on ipad pro after ios13 update

Trying to open it i found acrobat reader not listed anymore in ‘suggested app’ section, also tried opening pdf files from other apps, same result.
    Oddly enough i found it working on my iPhone though....
    Both operating on ios 13.1

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freeze at background and crashed after reopen

iOS, version 19.04.00
    Same as title, when I put acrobat reader at background, after spawing back to arobat, it “freeze” and crashed. I need to close it totally and reopen. If before, it won’t get crashed, just will reloading. Sorry for my poor English. Thank for attention.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  23 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create your own bookmarks and edit an existing highlight.

Give us the option to make bookmarks , as it’s already possible on Androids. Would be better for rapid searching in long documents like books.

Also give us the option to edit an existing highlight , i mean we need to be able to extend that highlight as it already possible on Androids. Here we have to delete that highlight and create a new one and thats not handful at all.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Open PDFs in OneDrive for Business with Intune MAM

OneDrive for Business and Adobe Acrobat Reader for Intune (iOS) is MAM Enabled. When trying to open a PDF in ONeDrive for Business from the Adobe Reader application, you get the error "The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged."

The Adobe app can open PDF's from a personal OneDrive, its only when on a OneDrive for business controlled by Intune MAM (App Protection Policies) it has the issue.

I believe this is a bug with Adobe Acrobat Reader for Intune (iOS)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Single-click access to the commenting tools

(ios-ipad).....the comment button is two clicks away compared with single click access(which was very user user friendly)..please bring it out....heavy users like me are wasting time in 'two clicks' to access comment button.......

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Since the last update, it takes so long to load a comment or show a highlight mark in big pdfs (Ipad 2018)

Before the update, it worked perfectly even with big PDFs. Now, it does not take that much to open the file, but it does go with relay when I try to highlight a sentence or add a comment. Please, fix this as soon as possible. Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  General Troubleshooting/Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There is major delay in syncing

I use smart phone and tablet. Using document cloud and dropbox to share content, so that i can read anywhere i want, using which ever gadget i want. But tablet data sync comparitively faster than mobile. It takes days mobile app to sync, I dont find annotations in tablet. Look in to this. Internet is working well.
    Regards.
    Regards

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Troubleshooting/Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. filled out the form is not showing content after sharing

I filled out the pdf, but when I try to share or send to someone it is not showing the content :/

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dropbox

I can’t open a pdf from dropbox on my ipad. It’s version 19.09.02. It asks me always to allow adobe to link to dropbox and it fails to open.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base